21 things I've learned as a 21-year-old
1. Anyone can do literally anything, if only there is passion.
2. Smiling at a stranger, as you pass them by, can truly brighten their day. I should start doing it again. I don’t know why I stopped…
3. It’s okay if it takes you longer than others to realise your dreams, as long as you don’t give up.
4. Society has decreed you’re a failure without a degree. I call bullshit (see point 1 & 3)
5. Comparing yourself to others will kill your creativity.
6.No pain lasts forever. Even though it feels like it will.
7. If you’re a kind person, you’re already much better at this thing called ‘life’ than you might think you are.
8. I’d rather be perceived as clingy or desperate for sending one damn text, than unknowingly have anybody feel as lonely as I have felt.
9. When you feel like there’s no place for you, you can squeeze through and create your own little, cozy space with all the things that make you happy. It’s not selfish.
10. Colouring books for adults are great! Who knew colouring in flowers and cute little kittens could be so therapeutic? (I could do without the finger cramps though)
11. The first three months of my gap year have taught me more knowledge, about myself and what I want out of my life, than 15 years of school and college ever have. How sad is that…
12. To be free, is to take risks.
13. The grass always seems greener on the other side, but it’s not. Trust me, other people are most likely struggling just as hard, just in other areas of their life.
14. Escaping for a little while every day, in a book, a song, working out, taking a walk, in order not to lose your sanity, is nothing to feel guilty about and it’s not a waste of time.
15. Don’t tell people about the dreams your chasing, unless you know they’ll be excited for you and encourage you. Most people won’t give a shit or will try to dampen your spirit.
16. Coffee… actually tastes good. I thought it would never happen, but here I am, right at this moment, sipping a mug of black coffee, enjoying the heck out of it. What is life!
17. Taking life a lot less seriously makes living a lot more pleasurable.
18. My perfectionist streak causes me to get stuck often. I started to learn to love imperfection. And ever since, all my creative projects have been flourishing.
19. People who walk barefoot…I love you and I wish I had the guts to do the same.
20. I go outside every day. Even when there is no reason to. I just don’t want to miss out on anymore miracles.
21. Some people are negative just for the sake of it. Annoying them with positivity is a form of great entertainment.