So I was thinking about one of my OTPs and I came up with shit they’d do ya know?
Okay firstly Kyoutani, contrary to popular belief, is not dumb. In fact he tries extremely hard to stay on top of his work and although he isn’t on top of his grade he isn’t at the bottom either - a good slightly above average but not amazing.
Also Yahaba is not perfect. Tbh he has a little bit of anxiety when it comes to captaincy because he has to fill the shoes of Oikawa and sometimes he has panic attacks. He however is on top of his school work but has a lot of pressure from home and that also triggers his anxiety.
Kyoutani and Yahaba get along pretty well, they have the occasional heated banter but it never crosses the line because Kyou is aware of Yahaba’s anxiety and doesn’t want to trigger it.
They’re not ‘dating’ because Yahaba has a hard time coming to terms with his sexuality since he’s only ever dated girls or looked at girls but his study sessions with Kyou end up with them cuddling and watching super sappy movies (((which Kyou doesn’t necessarily like but tolerated for Yahaba and he soon realised they’re pretty cute))).
Sometimes Kyou, because he was never one for caring about what others thought of him, will peck Yahaba on the cheek at practice and that’s how he starts to become comfortable with the idea of them being in a relationship.
They’re the captain and ace of Seijou and most of their arguments revolve around team strategy. It took a while for Kyou to calm down on court - and by calm I mean he doesn’t hit Kindaichi’s tosses - but now he listens to Yahaba. (((Watari is lowkey glad that it’s calmed down because he was afraid they’d rip each other’s heads off at the beginning what he didn’t know is that those arguments were how Yahaba showed authority over Kyou in terms of his Wolf Pack like view on things)))
Okay but imagine Yahaba going out and buying cute little things like matching key chains and Kyou is like wtf? at first but now he’s oh cute ok and this one time he bought them matching T-Shirts with cats and dogs on them and it almost brought Yahaba to tears because they were hideous and he has a fashion standard to uphold but he saw the adorable earnest in Kyou’s eyes and ended up wearing them to a team outing to which everyone gives them shit for.
And Yahaba accidentally calling Kyou a pet name in the gym and everyone turns to stare at him but he responds normally because he forgot he was in a public place; give it like 30 seconds for the realisation to dawn on them and they look at each other with mortification plastered on their faces while Watari bursts out laughing and the first years giggle but blush also because wtf is happening to their team first IwaOi now this.
One day Yahaba decided to visit Kyou at the pet shelter he works at. He was looking through the dog collars and toys when he comes across one that looks intricately pretty but also confusing to use and Kyou comes up behind him and he’s like ‘oh it’s super easy’ and he puts it around his neck and it was at that moment Yahaba realised he had a kink for collars. ((We don’t kinkshame here))
Yahaba starts stealing Kyou’s home made bentos because he was curious as to what it tasted like since he always had money to buy lunch. But it taste amazing so now the team goes to Kyou’s after practice once a month for dinner - a team tradition.
They go to a theme park once and Yahaba pretends to like roller coasters because he thought Kyou looks like he’d enjoy them. But while they’re getting locked into their seats Kyou quickly confesses he’s terrified and Yahaba instantly regrets his life decisions but as the ride starts he hears Kyou, not yell, but whimper and whine like a dog; and when they get off Kyou leans on him and nuzzles his head into the crook of Yahaba’s shoulder and suddenly he feels extremely blessed.
- Kyou totally does the clichéd ‘throw rocks at Yahaba’s window’ thing
- Yahaba pets Kyou’s head like a puppy and he loves it
- Kyou loves belly rubs like soft gentle rubbing that puts him to sleep
- Yahaba snores a little and he’s always been insecure of it but Kyou thinks it adorable and recorded one time to listen to when he’s feeling down
- Kyou snorts when he laughs and sometimes he ends up sounding like a pug and it compels Yahaba to tackle him and cuddle his head because it’s so fucking cute
- They have weekly study sessions on weekends but they get bored and go out and eventually it turns into their 'date nights’
- Yahaba was preparing himself for completely stupid Kyou on their first study date but was pleasantly surprised when Kyou could keep up for the most part
- Kyou pretending to be dumb and not knowing how to kiss just to watch Yahaba struggle with embarrassment while explaining how to make out
- Their first kiss was a mess because Yahaba accidentally stuck his tongue out and Kyou bit down on it
- They’re super shy with PDA because they’re both guys but sometimes Kyou entwines their hands - he cares less and just really loves Yahaba
THEYRE JUST REALLY CUTE OKAY LIKE ANGKSLJVKSJSS HOW CAN YOU NOT SHIP THESE TWO OK TY BYE