The only things that make bettas “easier” to care for than other fish is that is on the smaller side, isn’t meant to be schooling or shoaling, and can survive a lot of torture. Other than that, it has the same needs as every other fish. It needs specific water parameters, sufficient space, and a proper temperature. It can benefit from having other fish or aquatic animals in the same tank, but I consider this more of enrichment than fulfilling a social need. Having tank mates can be interesting and fun for a betta. It can also be stressful or a trigger for aggression.
Remember, every fish has its own personality.
There is no excuse for animal abuse.
Yes, this includes fish.
Regardless of whether or not an animal can feel pain or how intelligent it is, all animals deserve proper care.
As a pet owner, you should be trying to mimic the animal’s natural environment as close as possible while also making its environment as safe and stress free as possible.
No excuses. Owning a pet is a luxury, not a right. If you cannot afford proper care (or a trip to the vet), you should not have the pet.
top 5 most likely to make the japan national team :))
Yesterday we all went a little bit emotional with this national team headcanon, and I actually thought about this top 5…a lot. It’s probably one of the hardest because in our eyes most of them are really skilled enough to reach the top and be a part of the national team.
I decided to make this with characters we all know, leaving out people introduced just in the manga. I hope I can stay objective with this one, but I can’t guarantee you that…
1. Ushijima. Let’s face it, this boy is already with one foot there, since he’s the only player selected to participate in the Youth World Championship as Japan’s under 18/19 volleyball representative. It would literally surprise nobody to see him being the first one wearing the red and black jersey.
2. Oikawa. He’s the setter™ and he honestly just deserves this place more than anyone else. Also imagine for the dramatics of it all, being finally in team with Ushijima…I’d pay to see it, but at the same time I’m more than sure that they’ll manage to work really really well together. After all, among everyone else, Ushijima chose him, this is a testament that there are no other setters as good as him around.
3. Kageyama. Speaking of people almost there, our wonderful blueberry has been chosen to train at the all Japan youth training camp, sign that they already got an eye on him and, seeing how immensely skilled and versatile he is, it’s almost obvious that he’s gonna become part of Japan’s national volleyball team in the future.
(Oikawa would have a blast being in the same team as Ushijima and Kageyama)
4. Tsukishima. Now that he’s “hooked on volleyball” I bet no one could stop him. He’s an incredible middle blocker, his abilities are recognized by everyone (that’s why a certain thing happened short after the Shiratorizawa match) and also he has still A LOT to grow. By the time he’s ready, every team would fight to have him and watch me being in the crowd yelling TSUKKIIIIIII until I have no air left in my lungs
5. Bokuto. He might not be the best ace of the country (yet), he’s not a stable player at all, but the national team needs him even just for the effect he has on people. Despite everything, he naturally draws people to him, he inspires and guide them, his power is so mesmerizing he doesn’t just motivate his own team, he motivates the opponents too. There may be spikers stronger than him (not so many tbh), but no one would have the same human impact on a team like he would have.
- Bonus: listen you have no idea how mad I am about the fact that no one ever acknowledges how hella good Nishinoya is as a libero. He’s perfect and the national team needs a guardian deity so if it’s not happening I’m gonna personally put him in a box and mail him there ok really he deserves it SO MUCH!!!!
so I’ve been reading a lot of drarry fan fiction lately, and I’ve decided to put my top 5 favorites so far down here. Most of these are on the longer side, personally I hate one-shots but if I find any that I’m absolutely in love with I’ll post them in my recommendations posts. (Because honestly I might as well post frequent recs here since I spend over half of my time reading)
Just one conversation between two eleven year old boys goes slightly differently, and the world changes. Just how much will be different with Harry being sorted into Slytherin, and how much will stay the same?
THIS IS HONESTY MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE FIC EVER!! I’ve just finished re-reading the series, and there is a good chance l’ll re-read it again when the last part of the series comes out. I’m usually not a big Slytherin!Harry fan, but this is an absolute amazing series. Lots of Jealous!draco and its as close to the original books as possible whilst keeping to the Slytherin theme. My only problem with this series is that it isn’t very Ron friendly, but I’m biassed because Ron is one of my favorite characters
Harry has had quite enough of sharing his mind with someone else, thankyouverymuch. A miscast Legilimecy spell says otherwise.
I’m always up for a good bonding fic, so quite understandably this is in my top 5 list, this one features both Draco and Harry discovering themselves whilst sharing a mental link. Lots and lots of angst with a side of fluff, honestly just go and read it because its amazing
Harry doesn’t mind that so many Slytherins from his year have returned to finish their NEWTs, really he doesn’t. It’s just – do they have to be so friendly? He’s not prejudiced, really he’s not. It’s just – they’ve got to be up to something, right? Unnerved by the attention he’s attracting from everyone – the Slytherins are the least of it, to be fair – and struggling with a raft of changes to Hogwarts itself, Harry wishes he could be happy that one constant remains: Draco Malfoy really fucking hates him.
When he’s hit by an illegal love-spell though, Harry finds he has more to worry about than whether or not Blaise Zabini actually wants to be his friend. For if everyone affected has been blessed – or cursed, by the look on Malfoy’s face – with a magical tattoo revealing the name of their soulmate, what does it mean that Harry’s skin remains completely bare?
Whoa this one was an intense one! I’m always down for a soulmate fic because honesty I’m a sap, and this one fit all my marks for a great fic. I’m in love with the 8th year fics because my dudes I am, and always will be, in love with hogwarts. Anyways, this one is completely filled with angst, all the angst, and nothing but the angst.
Harry is about to discover that the steepest learning curve comes after Healer training, and that second chances can be found in unexpected places.
Okay I know I said this was going to be a top 5 post, but I’m a Ravenclaw okay I can’t choose between books. This one features Healer!harry which I absolutely LOVE I’ve never been a fan of auror!harry so sue me. Draco is quite honestly a mess in this one, along with the second book in the series, features a jealous!harry which always makes me smile. contains lots of fight-a-smile-in-public fluff, so be warned.
After Harry’s unfortunate encounter with his ex, Draco Malfoy makes him a proposition. Draco wants his parents to stop matchmaking him and Harry wants to make his ex jealous. All they need to do is simply pretend they’re in love. Problem is… Draco already is.
I’m always a slut for a pretend-relationship book, even if its not drarry. So this one is a big favorite of mine! Not much else I can say besides the fact that I love this one which means you should love it too.
I am IN LOVE with my Hufflepuff-themed spread from last week. It is probably in my top 5 of weekly spreads, to be honest. The yellow was so cheerful and great to see every day, and I love the plant aesthetic. I’m definitely a proud Hufflepuff and the more I think about it, the more I identify with the values of the house.
+ the cute little witch drawing is from @mohtz (follow her, her art is incredible!)
+ as always, but especially this week, inspired by @studyrose