As someone who wants to be a writer, like that's what I want to do with my life, I keep getting writers block and it'll last for months and is there any tips you've got to help me?
ahhhh I’m not really a writer so these might not work but I’ll do my best
- prompts!! ask people on tumblr to send you some, or there are entire blogs devoted to it! just a short idea that you can put your own spin on and hopefully you’ll find something that’ll spark your creativity
- try something different. take a step back form whatever project you’re struggling with and just write. describe your surroundings, describe people’s selfies (they’ll be more than willing if you offer!), write some poetry, just take a step back and try to make writing fun again
- stop writing for a bit and try reading. that’s probably what sparked your love of writing in the first place and maybe it’ll give you some inspiration
- try setting up a different writing schedule- a lot of people write early in the morning but try moving around your writing time to find what works best for you
- maybe try starting a dream diary? it gets you writing and might offer some inspiration down the road
- back to the earlier point of doing something different, just do anything creative! music, drawing, painting, any of that stuff. if you’re not much of an artist you could try keri smith’s books (they were v big on tumblr a few years ago) they’re designed to be fun and make you more creative so might help with writers block?
- change where you write- maybe switch to writing in notes or even ditch the computer and do it by hand! gives you a fresh perspective on things