Hey I've gotten into Kingdom Hearts (addicted love it) a while back and kinda want to get into Final Fantasy as well. Where does one start?
Luckily, each numbered title of Final Fantasy is a standalone– so you can start pretty much anywhere in the series and not miss a beat. Some of the games have sequels, but they’re numbered so that you know they’re related (e.g. FFX and FFX-2).
Here are some of my favorites:
- Final Fantasy VII
- Brooding soldier boy carries a giant sword, teams up with some friends to stop a beautiful murder man from dropping a space rock on the planet
- Final Fantasy IX
- Klepto monkey boy and his band of merry men try to kidnap a princess, get entangled in the political intrigue of a world at war
- Final Fantasy X
- Kid with a funny laugh and daddy issues goes on a world tour with a cute girl who can summon large monsters to help her defeat an even larger monster
- Final Fantasy X-2
- Aforementioned cute girl goes on a world tour with two other cute girls who use Sailor Moon transformations to beat people up on their quest to find her boyfriend and maybe save the world idk
- Final Fantasy Type-0
- Group of kids named after playing cards relentlessly tease a moogle, find time to save the world between class periods
- Final Fantasy XV (Duh… hahahahaha)
- Royal boy band on important diplomatic mission to unite two nations through marriage, takes constant detours to pet chocobos, snap pictures, and catch frogs