- The Council of Islamic American Relations Chicago chapter received a letter riddled with pro-Donald Trump material, anti-black slurs and anti-Muslim conspiracy theories on Monday.
- Ahmed Rehab, executive director of CAIR-Chicago has reported the letter to the FBI.
- In it, the author writes “Islam is to be feared and resisted,” it also referred to President Barack Obama as a “half-assed negro,” and “fascist Muslim dictator.”
- The letter also contained a threatening message of an impending civil war and the CAIR-Chicago chapter as the first target.
- Rehab added they’ve received numerous threats through emails and on social media on a frequent basis but this was the first threatening letter since Trump’s victory.
- One other concerning aspect of the letter, however, was how fake news seemed to inspire the sender.