- “The explanations, the shifting explanations confused me and increasingly concerned me,” Comey said of his firing. Trump’s subsequent reasoning for firing him “were lies, plain and simple.”
- “It confused me when I saw on television the president saying that he actually fired me because of the Russia investigation and learned again from the media that he was telling privately other parties that my firing had relieved great pressure on the Russia investigation,” Comey said.
- Comey also confirmed that at the time of Flynn’s firing — when Trump asked Comey to “let this go” — Flynn was under criminal investigation.
- In yet another bombshell moment at the hearing, Comey said he took meticulous notes about his interactions with Trump because he was concerned Trump “might lie about the nature of our meeting.”
- Comey worried Trump sought something amounting to quid-pro-quo in order to keep his job.
- Comey testified, under oath, that he worried Trump had called him to the White House in order to get something in return for keeping his job.
- “My common sense told me that what’s going on here is he’s trying to get something here for granting me the chance to stay in my job,” Comey said. This is a developing story (6/8/17 10:45 AM)
8 for feysand maybe???