I don’t really remember much about being taken away, only some slow faded 70’s colors. I was young. I do remember leaving my first foster home a year later to go to a new foster home. The new foster home was only 2 blocks away. but I cried my head off the whole way. Somehow I was totally OK by the time my new foster mom answered the front door. I gave her a great big hug and a kiss on the cheek. I was an optimist early on. Still am.
The trick is you gotta start out at the bottom, then everything is gravy. The super duper trick is, there is only the present moment and you don’t exist, other than being the totality of all awareness, but that’s a story for another time.
I remember my first goat. He was my best friend in the whole wide world. A splendid creature that only wanted to fight and stand on top of cars. What a joyous being! When I had to sacrifice my goat to society and it’s old testament God I almost didn’t make it. Luckily, I already knew about the rock bottom thing. It was horrifying, but there’s no place to go but up! Let the old testament God gut and eat you. The new testament god will be along before you know it and you’ll get to beat his ass and eat him… or her or whatever pronoun they’re using in this eternal moment. This all reminds me of the future when we were the disembodied consciousness inhabiting that one moon in a nearby galaxy. Remember how we don’t eat or fuck anymore?! It’s all a take-out greeting custom where we go to each other hovels and scream silently while chanting our favorite jingle/mantra.
Sooooo, I received an early birthday present on Thursday and couldn’t wait to open it!! Not only did I get cute little personalised bits (Clarisse, I’m totally going to sew them onto EVERYTHING!!) but I was gifted a book with messages and birthday wishes from my readers. I sat and cried a bit whilst looking through, honestly I’m astounded by everyone’s kindness and Clarisse, it’s the sweetest, most unexpected, present I’ve ever received!! Thank you to everyone who participated xx
Being friends with you this past year has been so much fun and when you send me pictures on Whatsapp, I know it’s either going to be H.Styles or a photo of you pulling a face. I adore both!!!
Thank you so much xx @royalisticdreams
let's do some crafty shit and bake a cake while we're at it
realistically speaking, birthdays are meaningless since nobody takes into account the fact that a year is actually 365.25 days, so it's probably not even really my birthday BUT THANK YOU FOR ALL THE ATTENTION
LET'S GO SHOPPING!!! all i really want for my birthday is this expensive ass pair of manolo blahniks come on let's go
OH SHIT TODAY'S MY BIRTHDAY??? i forgot whoopsie lol
let's go to a fancy restaurant and drink wine and gossip and be #winemoms
thank you all for coming to my birthday party, you can leave your presents there and go away now
thank you for all the birthday wishes, it's really not that big a deal *secretly loves all the attention/being with friends*
let's just netflix and chill and drink some beers and stuff, idk
i'm just a year closer to dying, who cares about birthdays anyway
WHERE IS THE PIE CAKE?!?!?!?!
*nobody shows up to her party* *eats a whole cake by herself*
i love my birthday, but i feel like all of them get messed up somehow *cries at night alone in her room*
Lady Sophia Cromwell is the fourth child to the Duke and Duchess of Norfolk.
Birthday: June 7th
Current City: London
Relationship Status: Single
Employment: works as a rescue and disaster management aide for the British and International Red Cross
1. Are you an introvert or extrovert? I would say I lean more towards being an extrovert, but in certain situations I am an introvert.
2. What is your best quality? Greatest flaw? My greatest flaw is that I willingly give my trust to people, but that has seemed to back fire on me in the past. I try to see the good in people and give them the benefit of the doubt. My best quality would have to be that I consider myself someone people can count on, I’m present and there for my family and friends when they need it without any questions asked.
3. If you could describe yourself in one word what would it be? Independent, compassionate. I guess that’s two words but how can anyone be described by one simple word.
4. What is your most memorable childhood memory? I have a distinct memory of my father and I. Our relationship has not been the greatest growing up, but I can remember a time where I admired him and thought he was my hero. My father was always up at the crack of dawn, beating the rise of the sun each day; something I guess that he passed down to me. Even though he was a terribly busy man with work, the first hour of his morning was spent in silence and with me as I was normally awake too. He sat there with his strong black coffee, pen in hand as we worked on the puzzles that came in the daily paper. On weekend mornings we would make a big breakfast for the whole family.
5. Name one of your quirks? I absolutely cannot have my sheets tucked in by my feet, they feel trapped! And don’t even get me started about wearing socks to bed!
6. How did your parents decide on your name? My middle name, Grace is after my great grandmother who I never got to meet as she passed before my time. My mother had a close friend growing up, her name was Sophia. She told me the moment I was born that I instantly reminded her of Sophia, even though my parents had already decided on Amelia as my name, but my mother insisted.
7. What is your favourite author or book? My favourite all time author is Mark Twain and his book the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I made my nanny Alice read me that story must have been thousands of times; I still apologize for that today.
8. What is your favourite quote? “We are all broken. That’s how the light gets in” by Ernest Hemingway.
9. Have you ever been in love or had your heart broken? I thought I was in love; but how can you be in love when someone purposely wants to break you down so hard that it changes you on a new level you didn’t even think was possible. So to answer the question, no… cause that is not love.
10. What is your greatest fear? I am terrified of spiders! So terrified I will literally consider burning the whole place down if no one can kill it for me!
11. What is your most prized possession? Possessions are just that possessions, they aren’t the most important thing in life but if I had to choose, it would be my grandmother’s locket she gave to me when I was a child.
12. What is your life motto? ‘When you can’t find the sunshine, be the sunshine.’
13. What do you believe makes a successful life? A successful life is a life without any regrets, and having someone you truly love by your side.
14. Who has had the most influence on you? I must give that credit to Miss Winters. Alice was like a surrogate mother for me and without her… I really do not know who I would be today.
15. What is your favourite journey? Life. I know it sounds cheesy but it really is. Each day is so different from the next. Sometimes I wish I could have some sort of navigation to help me through, but that is also what makes it the most amazing journey making choices and mistakes along the way.
Hey, do you remember that moment from ROTJ when hologram of Luke was showed in jabba's palace by R2D2? I had a thought that this was 100% written by super amazing diplomat Leia Organa and Luke just said that, what do you think about it?
Lol lol lol I dunno let’s take a look
“Greetings, Exalted One. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight and friend to Captain Solo. I know that you are powerful, mighty Jabba, and that your anger with Solo must be equally powerful. I seek an audience with Your Greatness to bargain for Solo’s life. With your wisdom, I’m sure that we can work out an arrangement which will be mutually beneficial and enable us to avoid any unpleasant confrontation. As a token of my goodwill, I present to you a gift: these two droids. Both are hardworking and will serve you well.”
I’m not sure, anon. I think it’s a bit elementary to have been written by Leia. It sort of sounds like a high schooler writing an essay for a college application or something, not a skilled politician and diplomat accustomed to delivering addresses to the galactic senate. I’m gonna say Luke wrote it. Or maybe Leia wrote it and deliberately dumbed it down because she figured Jabba isn’t very intelligent and all that mattered was flattery??? I’m not sure.
To be quite honest though, the entire rescue plan is just baffling to me lol. It sort of seemed like a clusterfuck tbh
For example, which parts of the plan were a distraction and which parts were actually part of the plan? Why did Leia pretend to have captured Chewbacca? All that accomplished was getting Chewbacca locked up? Surely she could have simply entered the palace in the Boushh disguise without needing the pretense of having captured Chewbacca? Like there were tons of criminals just there seemingly hanging out, so… Could she not just have walked in, maybe under the guise of offering her services to Jabba? Which leads me to my next question: did she actually think that unfreezing Han while people were “sleeping” would work? Because if she did think that, then having Chewie captured was just making things riskier, because not only did they have to rescue Han, but also break Chewie out of his cell. And Lando was already in the palace anyways, so what the heck was he doing while Leia was unfreezing Han? Working on getting Chewie free? Wouldn’t it have been better to have had Lando keeping watch for Leia, and left Chewie out of the equation? Seems like it would’ve been easier???? And then in that case, was Luke’s message even a real message? Did he really mean to go in there and try to negotiate and expect it to work? Because if he did expect it to work, then why did Leia try to spring Han before Luke got there? Did they get caught on purpose???? Is that why they had Chewie waiting in the dungeon, and then they were just gonna have Luke show up to rescue all of them? And if they didn’t expect negotiation to work, then why send the message in the first place? For the sake of getting the droids inside? Now there’s just a ridiculous amount of potential flaw with so many loose cannons in the palace? And if it WAS to get the droids in the palace, then that seems to suggest it was because the plan the whole time was for Artoo to smuggle in the lightsaber and such like what we see happen at the Sarlacc pit, which was clearly coordinated ahead of time. So AGAIN I ask, why all that other nonsense? Why couldn’t Luke have just walked in with the lightsaber in the first place if that was the ultimate plan? Why couldn’t they have all marched in there together, instead of all that nonsense?
I don’t know guys it really seems like there were about twelve different plans and essentially the plan was like: OK so we’ll do this, and just in case that doesn’t work we’ll set this up just in case, and in the event of this we’ll do this, and Chewie will be in the dungeon, or if this happens we’ll do this, SHIT but what if they take us to the Sarlacc pit???? In that event we’ll do this!!! Like just such nonsense lol.
I’m sorry I realize this question wasn’t about their escape plan but you got me going.
Li’l reminder to EVERYONE that I am 100% open to my characters knowing yours, whether it’s from the past or the present, whether it’s as a friend or relative (just ask me first about relations, because certain characters of mine are only-children or their parents are dead) or lover or enemy.
Hit. Me. UP.
Just ask me who I have, man. I’ll make a rough list asap.
did i ever tell ppl about the time me and my family thought my older brother was gay and dating his best friend? they used to hold hands and cuddle and shit all the time and cause my brothers super quiet we kinda just thought that was him coming out and didn’t really say anything about it. this went on for maybe two yrs and then one day he arrives home with this girl and is all ‘id like you guys to meet my girlfriend’. at this point everyone is ’????’ and my mom is literally crying and like 'u broke up with James?!?!?!’ and honestly I’ve never seen a man more confused in his life and yeah that’s the time my family fucked up for like 2 yrs
A: You are late! We were suppose to be at the cinema at 5, Papá!
L: Lo siento, cariño. I had to present my essay to my teacher, the dude wouldn’t let me go unt— hey, don’t I know you from somewhere?
K: ehh… *internal screaming*
A self-indulged au in which Lance is a single father that with all his studies and his job he barely has time to spend with his daughter (that he loves dearly), of course Math teacher Keith doesn’t like the fact that one of his favorite students seems to be neglected by her father since he has never seen him at school and she always tells him that his father is busy to even go pick her up from school.
Things changes when he sees him for the very first time, though ;3