kaz. kaz has this been done before: top ten hottest publicity photos of yuuri?
10) An advertisement he did for a sports drink he sponsors which was basically a sweaty post-practice Yuuri gulping from a bottle while wearing a thin white shirt that had become very see through over the course of the photoshoot. Viktor has multiple copies of this saved onto all his electronic devices
9) In reference to an old ask about Yuuri sponsoring KitKat with the tag line being KitoKatsuki, Yuuri got the sponsorship just after his Olympic win. The picture of him on the packaging was one of him holding up his gold medal and smirking in a very smug, self-satisfied way and everyone universally agreed it was way more attractive than it had any right to be
8) A publicity photo of him with his and Viktor’s new puppy where he was dressed smart-casual and basically looking like the hot dad with the cute dog at the parent-teacher conference that all the single mums fight over at the school gates
7) The promotional photo of him in the ‘original’ Eros costume before he started the season in chapter 11 (for reference the costume looks like this)
6) A photo from a magazine that was following Yuuri through a day of training which was of him in the ballet studio doing a split with one leg on the floor and the other completely vertical by his head. It was the moment people realised just how crazily flexible Yuuri was and that was definitely a very popular revelation
5) A promotional photo for Yutopia with Yuuri looking like he was just out of the hot springs standing at the front of the building with his hair all wet and plastered to him and his face flushed with a towel round his shoulders and only some very loose clothing on. The general consensus was that the fact that photos weren’t allowed to be taken in the onsen itself was a national tragedy.
4) A promotional ad that both he and Viktor did promoting gender neutral clothing. Yuuri ended up in heels and red lipstick and no-one on the internet has ever recovered from it
3) A black and white photo that ended up plastered over shopping centres everywhere advertising the ‘Eros’ cologne. It looked exactly like you’d expect a cologne ad sponsored by an athlete to look and while Yuuri thought it was really embarrassing everyone else on the planet was thanking every deity they could think of that it existed.
2) A shot from the first shirtless photoshoot Yuuri ever did that I mentioned in a previous top ten. He did it with Viktor and the most famous photo of them ended up being one of Yuuri in the centre of the photo doing the classic ‘sultry eyes’ look at the camera with Viktor standing behind him with his arms wrapped around Yuuri’s chest and kissing his neck also looking directly at the camera but with a very obvious ‘back off’ look in his eyes. It ended up on a lot of people’s walls or under their pillows
1) A picture from a magazine spread about the two of them that Viktor convinced Yuuri to do. It was taken in their apartment and the photographer wanted a shot in their bedroom. Viktor kept teasing Yuuri about ‘showing the world his true eros’ and Yuuri ended up playfully wrestling Viktor onto the bed which changed its tone pretty fast and both of them completely forgot that the photographer was there. The final picture was of Yuuri straddling Viktor and pinning his arms above his head and smirking with both of them giving each other serious bedroom eyes. All the comments on the article when it was released were some form of ‘holy hell Viktor Nikiforov is a very lucky guy’ and ‘why the hell does Nikiforov even leave the house because if that were me I’d never even leave the bed’.