I keep seeing marching band aus out there but I don’t agree with them so I have to make my own. Here goes!
- dedicated tuba
- somehow first chair even though he’s convinced that the rest of his section is better than him???
- he’s very modest
- has lungs like a fucking blimp
- *plays thirty-two 4/4 measures at a super slow tempo*
- *still hasn’t taken a breath*
- always making sure the rookies are taking care of themselves
- “did you eat breakfast today??” “are you drinking water???” “don’t strain yourself too much, but remember to practice! :)”
- the band mom
- has the music memorized the day after he gets it and no one understands
- except pidge
- the only one who doesn’t break a sweat during band camp and the others are so concerned
- “shiro seriously are you dehydrated you’re supposed to sweat how are you not dead”
- shiro: *shrugs* *does the entire routine* *isn’t exhausted yet* *still hasn’t sweated*
- fourth chair saxophone
- would play bass guitar during concert season but he loves his saxophone
- can play alto, tenor, and bari, but alto is his favorite
- “it’s so small omg I love it so much”
- would die for anyone in his section
- has memorized every alternate fingering ever and is happy to share his knowledge
- he’s on the loading crew because he can carry a sousaphone in each hand and a bass drum on his back
- not very good at sight reading
- he has to hear the music before he can play it
- but he plays great by ear
- has never chipped a reed
- not even at band camp
- pidge is jealous
- just. sounds like an angel when he plays
- takes such good care of his sax by killing literally anyone who touches it
- “did you just dent my saxophone”
- terrified rookie: um I’m sorry omg don’t hurt me I don’t wanna die I’m so sorry I’ll do anything
- most of the younger kids are absolutely terrified of him and he’s okay with this
(I’ve seen a lot of “trumpet keith” aus but honestly?????)
- keith is drum captain
- he plays snare and he fuckin kills it
- keith is not a good leader in most aspects of his life but when it comes to music he’s just so in tune to it and he knows exactly what everyone needs to do to make the music perfect
- one of those people who can tell whether a note is in tune just by hearing it and he hates it
- “pidge you’re out of tune”
- “I just came from the tuner I’m perfectly in tune!!”
- “okay but you’re not you’re a bit sharp actually”
- doesn’t know how to dynamic
- “okay keith that was great but you need to tone it down a bit. play a bit softer, your dynamic is piano”
- “lol what does softer mean”
- he just beats the drum as hard as he can all. the. time
- never officially came out to the band, coran found him and lance making out in one of the practice rooms and afterward lance wrote “keith is gay and dating the color guard master” on the white board
- everyone was confused because “why would he date allura if he’s gay”
- lance was very bitter
- trombone during concert season
- but in marching band he kills with a flag
- so flexible omg
- “keith look what I can do with my leg”
- “please untie yourself you’re going to get stuck”
- (he has gotten stuck before)
- hips made of fucking. rubber or something idk how do they mOVE LIKE THAT
- he and keith are not allowed to be within sight of each other in shows because keith gets so distracted by lance’s Hips From God™
- gives the rookie guard members makeup tutorials
- has a large role in the costume designs for the year because in lance’s rookie year the outfits were clashy and not good and lance was horrified
- he vowed to fix this abomination
- has never dropped a flag. not once.
- he has, however, lost grip of his rifle several times and accidentally nailed someone in the head
- he is the reason all the rifles have grippers now
- second chair clarinet and super salty
- has a photographic memory so she memorizes music like that
- doesn’t understand bass clef and will never try
- “that’s an e”
- “no pidge this is bass. that’s a g”
- “that’s a fucking e fight me”
- absolutely despises first chair clarinet
- “he’s so cocky I hATE HIM SO MUCH”
- really good with rhythms?
- hunk doesn’t understand this
- “hunk all you do is count it. look”
- “can you just sing it for me i’m lost”
- drinks 2948592859$-484 gallons of water per day
- puts on so much sunscreen during band camp that she gets paler
- “pidge why don’t you lay off on the sunscreen and try to get a tan”
- “because, lance, not everyone wants to get fucking sKIN CANCER”
- when she burns she burns bad
- somehow still has a sock tan???
- “heh look pidge’s feet are DARKER than her legs. told you you were getting paler”
- her reeds never last more than two weeks
- they are always broken, usually because she refuses to buy a mouthpiece cap
- “pidge this is why you’re second chair”
- doesn’t do trills. ever. hates trills almost as much as she hates the first clarinet
- coran tried to get her to play bass clarinet in concert once
- her reaction was basically ???????
- “coran i’m three inches tall and have the muscle mass of a corn chip I can barely lift my regular clarinet”
- absolutely lives by the “if you see a word you don’t know look at the director” rule
- no knowledge of musical terms
- “accelerando??? lol what’s that”
- baritone during concert season
- color guard captain
- the master of “spin a thousand times without getting dizzy”
- perfect balance
- has literally stood on three fingers and spun a flag with her foot and could do it again
- very loud
- she will always be heard
- thinks the rookies are cute but she will not put up with their shit
- “lance stop giving everyone makeovers we’re supposed to be learning the routine”
- has made a flower crown for her flag
- so graceful
- has never fallen
- has dropped the thing she was spinning (flags, rifles, sabres, etc) exactly once and that was because she threw a sabre at lance’s head
- coran was not pleased but it was pretty funny
- can do your hair 101 ways but only one of them is acceptable because we all have to look the same, goddammit lance stop with the braid trains
- doesn’t take lance seriously at all and tbh he doesn’t blame her
- took dance classes as a kid and found that she enjoyed it
- but color guard is where she belongs
- (even if some of her fellow guard members *cough*lance*cough* are assholes sometimes)
- one time a toddler ran out onto the field during a show and hugged allura’s legs and she melted
- “coran can we keep it”
- “her parents are right there”
- “but can we keep it”
- pretends to be Mature and Serious but in reality she’s as much of a dork as the rest of the band
- once she heard a cheerleader say “i’m glad we don’t have to work with the band like the color guard” and she decked them
- has temper issues but is overall a great performer
- the wacky director
- band camp stories take up half the class time
- if someone doesn’t want to play this part again, or is tired of marching this set, all they have to do say “hey coran did ___ ever happen at your band camp” and coran will never shut up again
- this is a risky move though because if he realizes what you’re doing you will never see the light of day again
- the living embodiment of “one more time” *ten times later* “one more time”
- “if you’re not perfect then we’re not competing”
- was humiliated once by a rival school because of an immature band
- will never let it happen again
- tries (and fails) to reference modern pop culture
- “i think you kids will like this song! it’s kind of like that one the kids sing now with the doors and the painting”
- “the what now”
- “you know, the one by those scared parties”
- he means well
- super chill but if you get on his bad side then you will see hell
- jokes around a lot but he is serious when it comes to music
- and if you’re not then coran will not hesitate in kicking you out
- “if you can’t play your instrument then you wON’T PLAY YOUR INSTRUMENT HOW’S THAT BYE FIND A NEW 5TH PERIOD TEACHER”
- a professional Student Roaster™
Falsettos moments that always give me goosebumps/make me cry
-“Ask me if I need him… Get him out of my wayyyy”
-Everything after & including “It hurts not to love him. It hurts when love fades” in The Games I Play
-“I never, never, never, never, never, never wanted to love you!”
-“As we march… Along.”
-“But I still have my son on the weekends… Just on the weekends”
-“But I don’t have a lover anymore. Oh my god, when am I gonna get over this?”
-“Learning love is not a crime!”
-All of What More Can I Say, especially “It’s so swell, damn it. Even I’m surprised.”
-“Life is never what you planned. Life is moments you can’t understand.”
-“Everything will be alright”
-“I’m staying here in this spot. Whether you want me to or not.”
-“Kid… Be my son.”
-“Let’s be scared together. Let’s pretend that nothing is awful. There’s nothing to fear. There’s nothing to fear. Just stay right here. I love you.”
-“Who’d have thought that we four would end up as lovers?”
-“Do I love him? No.” “I am so dumb.”
-“Something bad is happening. Something very bad is happening. Something that kills, something infectious. Something that spreads from one man to another”
-“Tell me, why was I chosen? Why me, of all men?”
-“At least death means I’ll never be scared about dying, again.”
-“Death is not a friend, but I hope in the end, he takes me in his arms and let’s me hold hold his face. He takes me in his arms and whispers something funny. He lifts me in his arms and tells me to embrace his attack… Then the scene turns to black.”
-“The many stupid things I thought about with dread, now delight.”
-“It’s the last little mountain I’ll climb.”
-“Sometime… sometime… sometime… sometimmmmmmeeeeee”
-“I feel more helpless than I have in years.”
-“How did you turn out so great? Who do I thank for the man you turned into? Kid, do you know how proud I am? If I don’t show how proud I am. You hold my dreams, kid. I burst at the seams ‘cause of you.”
-“What would I do, if I had not met you? Who would I blame my life on? Once I was told that all men get what they deserve. Who the hell then threw this curve? There are no answers. But who would I be, if you had not been my friend?”
-“One, out of a thousand others. Only one my child would allow.”
-“Who would I be, if I had not loved you?”
-“Do you regret? I’d do it again. I’d like to believe that I’d do it again and again and again.”
-“How am I to face tomorrow after being screwed out of today?”
-“I’d beg or steal or borrow, if I could hold you for one hour more…”
-“Once I was told that good men get better with age. We’re just gonna skip that stage.”
-“We’re a teeny tiny band. Lovers come and lovers go. Lovers live and die, fortissimo. This is where we take a stand. Welcome to Falsettoland.”
-THE ENTIRE DAM MUSICAL
Hypothetical Handplates scenario in which Sans realizes he can teach himself Common.
(Ugh, tumblr is making them blurry for some reason so I guess full-view if you want the not-blurry version??)
Convoluted explanation incoming. Handplates is an Undertale fancomic by @zarla-s and if you like Papyrus and Sans, go read it, is good stuff. So I guess this is an AU fancomic of an AU fancomic? I dunno, the idea wouldn’t leave my brain until I did something with it. So. Zarla did a Christmas doodle where Gaster gave the boys a box of ginger cookies that had the word COOKIES on the side in big letters, and because my job gives me way too much time to think about random stuff, I realized something.
In Handplates, Gaster taught the bros to read and write Wingdings but deliberately did not teach them monster Common (ie: English) so they can’t read his nametag or anything. Thing is, Wingdings is a 1:1 substitution cipher for English. Every Wingdings symbol exactly equals an English letter; it’s not a different language, just a different set of pictures. As somebody who has taught herself a fair number of substitution ciphers, there are a few things you look for when you’re trying to translate a code and you don’t have a key in front of you. Most notably, single-letter words (in English they will usually be A or I) or double letters next to each other. Like the OO in “COOKIES”.
Sans is smart. Gaster has fed them junk food before and odds are good Sans knows how to spell “COOKIES”. The word is on the box in huge letters and Gaster just said it out loud, so it is fresh in Sans’ mind. That double-O is a huge tip-off. He would put it together that the word on the front of the box matches what’s inside. Once you figure out a few of the letters, it becomes steadily easier to decode the rest.
I feel like Gaster exposes the boys to enough Common (the nametag, food wrappers, computer monitors, the books Sans sits on) that Sans could pick it up with a proper starting point. Papyrus probably not, because he had a hard enough time with Wingdings, but Sans is eager for any opportunity to undermine Gaster and I’m sure he’d jump at the chance. In this comic he elects not to tell Papyrus, though. He doesn’t know Gaster has cameras in the cell (or even what a camera is) but he’s figured out that Gaster can spy on them somehow, and the last time Gaster caught them learning something he didn’t like, Papyrus got the ever-loving hell beat out of him. So Sans keeps quiet about it for now. And thus starts the long-standing tradition of keeping important secrets from his brother.
On the technical side, it took me a freakin’ week to sketch and outline this whole thing. Coloring and shading only took me like a day. In the meantime Zarla actually kinda addressed the cookie comic, but this was almost done by then so oh well. I’m finding my poses and proportions turn out a LOT better when I’m doodling skeletons, like what, drawing basic anatomy will make you better at anatomy, you don’t say?? A lot of this was a self-challenge to see if I could imitate Zarla’s art style, and I referenced previous Handplates comics a lot for the backgrounds and Sans’ face. Full disclosure: Gaster’s pose up there is basically copied from Zarla’s original comic because I was rushing through to get on to the actual meat of the story. He’s just here for setup. I had fun trying to figure out how to do his Lost Soul head though. Also, I hate Papyrus’ face from the front. Also also, it was tricky trying to convey “mentally translating an unknown alphabet into a known one” when pretty much everyone who sees this comic is already familiar with the “unknown” one and not the “known” one, but I think I pulled it off.
TL;DR- I imitated somebody else’s style to do an AU of an AU; I am not Zarla; Zarla is the creator of Handplates and also Gaster’s pose in the first panel; I like ciphers too much and also I gave the cookies icing because that is the only kind of ginger cookie I know.
You ever feel mildly annoyed when you happen to read an anti’s stupidly illogical comment on your ship? And by mildly of course I mean majorly bothered so that the only cure is repeatedly watching your favorite Jonerys scenes until you’re so immersed in the beauty of their love that nothing can get to you anymore? 😍💖
And then of course, you just have to write about it because how else will you be able to get a handle on the mishmash of emotions that just take over you like? 💖💖😍
And this episode man. Just. This. This episode I tell you!!! I’m a regular GoT fan, which basically means that I’ve learnt to have certain expectations from the show, especially regarding love. And I can honestly say that never in my life could I have imagined that GoT would give me a romance as sweet as this!
The first Jonerys scene in this episode:
Had me laughing so hard!
The look on Dany’s face, it’s just so suggestive! And Jon’s interruption itself is so timely just.. We aren’t ever going to forget Jon’s first cave episode ever are we? And the particular expertise he surprised us all by? 😂👏🏻 I mean how much more of a throwback could this be to to the Jon/Ygritte cave sequence? And as if that by itself wasn’t enough, he takes her to a cave! My boy Jon is unbeatable at cuteness, fight me!
By this time, it’s obvious that a considerable amount of time has already passed since Jon arrived on Dragonstone, and also that their relationship has definitely improved since the whole initial ‘bend the knee’ scene, and the cave scene totally shows this! Now I know that people have been complaining that their love is so rushed, and doesn’t make sense but I strongly disagree. With fewer (Stannis and Davos simultaneously approve) episodes and the decision to only show the focal interactions between Jonerys, what’s illogical is to assume that they have had no interaction offscreen which got them to the point that Dany doesn’t need her whole entourage to tag along when Jon wants to show her something.
Which gets me to the ‘hoooolyyy shiiiiiiit, I ship them and I ship them hard dammit!!’ moment of the entire show!!! Look at this!!
Remember my favorite romantic trope of ‘looking when the other person is not’?? The only thing that ups that is ‘looking while the other person is completely fascinated by something else! There is legit nothing else which can make me melt as fast as this! Because it’s so simply pure! Like, you’re watching the other person be mesmerized by something you’re showing them! You’re watching them lost in wonder, so taken by what they’re seeing. And they’re so absorbed in their own world at that moment, they don’t even notice you doing that while I’m here completely losing it!!!
Plus, it also totally reminded me of one of my favoritest Disney movies ever!
And this look!!! You know, I think this is probably one of the first times when Jon Snow was giving off the ‘you know nothing, but you’re so cute when you’re clueless and I get to show off’ vibes! 😂💖
And this scene, oh my heart!!
This has to be the most non sexual and romantic physical contact on GoT ever! I can’t imagine any other moment when a simple arm touch like that (totally unnecessary, by the way, Jon. my boy’s got the moves though!) has got me shipping people so hard!!
Another thing which got me was how it was Jon who held her arm, our Jon (I’m never going to get over this!), reaching out to her in such a familiar comfortable gesture, when he could simply have walked ahead and shown her that. Basically, our Jon having the confidence to just take her arm like that, and the closeness (which lasts 0.00001 seconds, but it’s enough for a lifetime for me!💖), and the delicateness and the intense feels!
And the softness? Apart from the way Jon kept looking at Dany and the arm touch, what I loved was how soft and mellow they both were around each other. Even though Dany still wanted him to ‘bend the knee’, not only was she softer, but she was so much more reasonable than in her throne room, where the attitude was ‘bend the knee you rebel, or i’ll destroy you after i’m finished with Cersei’; here, she is nudging him so much more gently than she had earlier. Jon, on his part, gives her an actual reason as to why he can’t submit to her, as opposed to his own stance earlier - ‘why would i give the north to you, stranger?’ Jon knows his people, and he knows they are not going to accept a Southern ruler, especially not a Targaryen. (which is realistic, those Northern lords are a task), he’s basically telling her that he’s not refusing because he wants to keep his title or anything so shallow as all that, it’s his people. And the puppy eyes in this scene only make it sooooo much better!
And then there’s this!
The symbolism of ‘ice and fire’ being reinforced aside, they are shown so beautifully to be equals here, in sync, working towards the same goals! If that isn’t enough to start wanting them together…
This whole cave scene basically set up that Jon is definitely starting to develop feelings for her, which is only to be expected because she’s beautiful enough to warrant that attraction, and plus, Jon is starting to know her and realize that she’s not her father, or Cerse,i or bad or evil or batshit crazy or any of those things Targaryens are reputed to be. Dany’s trust in Jon is shown right in the following scene, when she disregards all her other advisors and turns to Jon, because she has come to know, that this is a man who will always put the realm first, a man whom she can trust to give her the truth keeping the people in mind, a man with no other motive than to save his people against all odds.
Then again, there are the neverending parallels between them:
It is emphasized again and again how, despite their seeming differences, they share certain values and experiences with each other, which again serves to bring them closer together.
Now what I found really important was this:
I live for Ser Davos’ dialogues! But what’s important to note is Jon’s reply:
‘There’s no time for that.’
Now, if he had really been trying to seduce Dany according to the antis (which I am definitely not going to believe in), it would have been far more natural for him to just be quiet about this.
If Mister Honor Incarnate is actually setting aside his honor for the greater good, it is definitely not going to come without an internal struggle. This guy has lived all his life by a strict moral code, and to set it aside will not be easy, especially considering manipulation is not his forte.
So, if he had been trying to seduce her, he would be ashamed of it, he would hate himself for doing that, and when Ser Davos would have teased him about it, he definitely wouldn’t have replied with “there’s no time for that,” since according to some antis, that is his exact plan and there’s all the time for it!
But Jon doesn’t look pensive or even slightly uncomfortable. He doesn’t deny it, or even stare blankly at Davos like ‘what are you talking about?’.
He simply says there is no time for it, and you know why he does that? Because right now, his sole mission in life is taking down the Night King, ensure the survival of the living, he doesn’t have time to fall in love and allow himself to be sidetracked.
Jon basically is treating his second life as some sort of ‘serving the greater cause’, he doesn’t seem to think he can focus on anything other than the Night King, especially not something personal as fall for Daenerys. Also, he knows that falling for her will only lead to complications, since the North is staunchly against the Targaryens. He doesn’t want to analyse his feelings for her because it will lead him down a rabbit hole he doesn’t think he should be ‘wasting’ his time on. God, he has such a heroic aura around him, turning away from any possible personal desire for the greater good. Jon, why do you have to be so good! Of course, he’ll eventually end up changing his mind in the most glorious way possible and I just! 💖😍
hi, I was told that not wanting a cure for autism is ridiculous because why wouldn't we want to "be in our right mind"? I couldn't respond because I didn't know how to, they see curing autism as being a good thing for autistic people. I'm stumped because I don't want to be cured and don't want a cure but they see cure as a positive. I don't know how to respond because I just.. I'm worried they'll try to cure me first chance they get. I don't know what to do, I'm scared. I like being autistic :(
hi, sorry this took me a while to answer (i was at pride yesterday and crashed as soon as i got home)
im sorry you’ve had to deal with someone like that. unfortunately, thats not a rare occurance; most of us will have to argue against cure culture at least once.
it’s great you like being autistic! autism is a wonderful thing! and that’s what cure culture fails to acknowledge - that autism isn’t inherently awful or bad. we don’t want a cure, and so allistics assume that means we don’t possess the mental faculties to make our best decisions (see also: taking away autonomy from disabled people). this way they effectively silence us, and simultianiously push a harmful rhetoric that makes no viable sense.
here are some useful counters to cure culture arguments:
Okay, this could be a long post, strap in. Making a text post so I can read more this shit.
First of all, I need to make clear that when I say I hate Snape, I mean I hate him as a person, not as a character, he’s a brilliant creation of JK’s, but he’s a straight up dick. I also I mean I hate the ideas that surround him in fandom, I hate the conception that he is a hero, that he is a sympathetic character and that that erases all the bad that he did. No, just no.
Words: 6,320 (sorry its super long, I got carried away)
Warnings: Unedited, very mild makeout session (;
Paring: Tony Stark’s Daughter x Peter Parker
The Avengers compound was quieter than normal Saturday night. The television flickered in the corner as the men switched flipped back and forth between NFL games. Natasha and Wanda chatted amongst themselves ignoring the sporting event like it was their job. Shouting resulted to a bare minimum much to the surprise of the young teenager propped on the kitchen bar stool. Peter Parker had been apart of the Avengers for a little over three months and never in his time apart of the team had he witnessed them so lifeless. The Avengers slumped around like deflated balloons lacking interest in all activities.
A soft sigh fell from Peter’s soft lips while he pushed himself off the metal seat. His warm brown eyes fell to the watch fasten around his wrist. 10:06, Aunt May would expect him home by midnight but with the lack of activity, calling it a night didn’t seem like such a horrible option. Peter was use to hating the time that rolled around when he was forced to take the long haul back to his apartment. The train rides were sketchy, the walk in the cold was gruesome, and the local New York civilians had a tendency to be the most bitter people in the world. But out of all the things Peter hated about having to leaving the tower, Y/n was by far the most.
What are your favourite traits about Izuku's character?
I’m kind of going to answer this as an Izuku master post if you don’t mind ;3
Okay here I go!
One I love about Izuku is how he’s so different from the regular shounen mc trope.
First let me start with his intelligence, I love the fact that Izukiu’s used his brain to save him more than his body so many times. From the very beginning in the quirk apprehension test arc, where he channeled OFA to the tip if his finger and freaking propelled the ball over 700 feet.
How he was able to win the hero vs villain exercise despite being thrown around like a punching bag, and he was dead scared when he fought Bakugou too but he was still able to push forward.
He was able to save himself, Tsuyu, and Mineta during the USJ arc too by freaking flicking the flipping water!!!!
And let’s not forget his epic victory in the obstacle race
Freaking heck Inko, I feel ya XD. Apart from the countless number of times he’s used his intelligence, he’s also pretty book smart and I am a sucker for book smart nerds.
He’s a multitasker. It’s not really much, but i do love the way he always manages to exercise while studying.
Also, I’m not sure, but I think Izuku might like to use simple tasks as an excuse to exercise
But I’ll just leave that as a headcanon for now.
He has a high pain tolerance. Izuku’s ability to resist pain is off the charts. No one really likes the fact that he breaks his body just for the sake of reaching his goal, but I think it’s super cool how Izuku is able to handle excruciating pain under any circumstance, especially during his fight with Muscular and Shouto. Breaking his bones may seem bad, but it really makes him more of a hero than a lot of people in his class, Izuku went out of his way to break his body just for the sake of the boy who’d been bullying him for years, just imagine the kind of image that would give him as a pro hero. It would give him a positive image, everyone would know that Izuku is a hero who will go to any length without any hesitation just to keep people safe.
The coolest part about this was that Izuku’s finger was broken throughout the rest of the arc, which he meant he’d been battling an excruciating pain while he tried to defend All Might, when he tried to defend Tsuyu, and then he still broke a leg.
He’s an absolute madman when it comes to his body, he wont hesitate to destroy himself if it means getting to prove a point (like his fight with Shouto) or saving people, or just reaching his goal in general.
He’s supportive to his friends which is really sweet since Izuku never actually had real friends before. Izuku’s quick to defend his friends too, it was this post that made me realize it. Back when he was in middle school, Izuku used to get insulted all the time (mostly by Bakugou of course), sure it hurt him but he never did a damn thing about it, but when someone…
talks bad about someone
he cares about,
he gets triggered. Plus there was the scene in the training camp arc where he yelled at Mr. compress for talking about Bakugou being capable of being a villain or something along those lines.Then there was the scene where he tried to cheer Kaminari and Mina up after they got awful grades in the midterms.
He knows when to push friendship aside and when not to. Even though he initially had no idea of standing out in the sports festival, Izuku was able to get his act together and push his friends aside with having a clear image/goal of victory in his head.
He even said it himself, everyone was an enemy. There was no time to stop and think about Uraraka or Iida and how they would make it to the next round, it was all about him getting to the goal and being at the top.
Izuku isn’t the type of person who intentionally wants to trample all over his classmates but at least he know when to get his shit together. Another example is this scene in the hero license arc:
He still gets scared, despite having an OP quirk. I love the fact that he still feels fear, there are so many things OFA can do and Izuku knows that. A lot of shounen mc’s I’ve seen only have those rare moments where they actually feel fear like once or twice. But Izuku, he’s come so far yet he still shake in the face of an enemy
He has people that he uses for sources of inspiration to formulate his own techniques. In a way I can kind of relate to this as a developing artists who uses so many other people’s art as a source of information. Anyway I think it’s pretty cool how he uses Bakugou’s moves, All might’s, and Gran Torino’s all the time, it just shows how he much he really admires them.
He’s a slow starter, and because of this we get to watch him grow. Well I guess you can say this is one of the reasons why i like the story in general, we see how Izuku started from rock bottom, from being quirkless, and now he’s so close to the hero he’s idolized ever since he was a kid. Plus I like the fact that Izuku had to work to get his body, he doesn’t naturally have a beautifull muscle-toned body like most mc’s do (not that I’m complaining, because I really like that trope) which shows how much he had to strive just for the sake of his dream. He lifts weights and stuff despite OFA being soooo powerful, but even Izuku knows if he slacks off, it’ll be useless.
Izuku doesn’t have the classic, generic, shounen mc personality. I’m talking about that annoying trope where the mc points to the sky or jumps on the table shouting to the heavens saying “I’m gonna be the best this!” or “I’m going to become the next that!” and then after that the mc gets called an idiot or fool by the people around him and gets viewed as someone incredibly stupid like Naruto, Rin, Natsu, Hinata, Aster,Subaru (I know he isn’t a shounen mc)….I could go on, but don’t get me wrong though, I love all of them, it’s just that the trope is so overused….and don’t even get me started on the ‘big appetite’ shounen mc cliche, I’m so glad bnha doesn’t have that.
And best of all,
Just look at how cute he is! His hair, his eyes and especially his..
CHEEEEEEKKKKKSSS!!!!! They’re so cute!!!!! They have such a soft, round, tender look that I can’t get enough of.
In a nutshell, I really love my sweet green son Izuku.