He’s still the Matt that [Pidge] knows. He had to evolve, but he didn’t leave himself behind or lose himself at all. He’s just, he’s a huge dork that was literally the only person that Pidge could relate to, because she was way too smart to relate to anyone in her class. She was smarter than her own teacher, and she had no one except this guy that went off into space and kinda left her behind, not intentionally.
What do you think of fics that portray Shiro as the real/important victim of Keith's "suicide attempt" in s4?
can i be really honest with you? i think shiro had nothing to do with it, and even if shiro finds out, shiro will having nothing to do with it. i’m really frustrated with the way the fandom portrays keith. he’s a minx or he’s emo or he’s being manipulated by the blade of marmora or he’s reckless or he’s suicidal. and more and more, it’s hard to find any paired portrayal of him that gives him his due. especially since season 4 and shiro’s treatment of him:
he’s a really complex character. he’s kind of a dork. he’s into jock things. he’s guided by an incredibly strict code of honor. he makes reasoned decisions based in that code. and most of the time, he’s the most serious person in the room. he’s also characterized by a level of determination that’s almost fatal. if honor requires it, he will find a way to do it–usually at personal pain. and he’s not unfeeling, about any of this. he was scared in that last scene in season 4. that’s marked:
and my tea: nothing he did in season 4 warranted shiro’s treatment of him, in any context. nothing he did warranted the team’s treatment of him. he was off on missions he felt were important, and he had permission every time. he didn’t and never would intentionally endanger anyone. and honestly shiro’s behavior is veering toward something really uncomfortable: shiro tells him to be the leader, and then in the next breath, he completely invalidates any decision keith makes. and he won’t even entertain a discussion on it. he tells keith he will be worthy of the black lion, some day. maybe. not yet:
i’m done debating about whether that’s shiro. the last i’ll say on that is that if haggar–who mind controlled narti this season to watch everything lotor did–has some control of this shiro’s decisions, probably the first big move would be to get him set up as the leader of voltron again. and the best way to do that would be to drive away the one person who is currently leader and close enough to shiro to notice the discrepancies. but regardless of that, keith does not deserve this. and frankly the way people excuse shiro’s treatment of him is bizarre to me. everyone wants keith to be a warm body for lance or for shiro, but he’s more than that.
Been wracking my brain for a ship name for Damien/Celine/Colonel and all I can think of is cotton candy. b/c Damien is associated with the color blue, Celine with red and Colonel/Warfstashe with pink. or Rainbow I guess? idek dude.
dammit now i’m just thinking the three of them going to their town’s local fair and hanging out together and eating their respected color cotton candy and they probably feed each other some and they’re just laughing like dorks when the colonel gets some cotton candy stuck in his mustache
yooo how bout some uhhh,,,, high school richie hcs,,? bc thats some good shit tbh (also sorry about your parents, ik how you feel 🙁)
here you are :) some are a little angsty, but most are just…idek what lol hope you like them!
- richie and ben, first of all, are a lot closer then anybody seems to recognize. they bond further in high school — richie likes reading comics with ben, and ben likes watching movies with richie. but sometimes, richie will get really fucked up. ben’s who he calls. ben picks him up, drives him somewhere quiet, and lets him sob and rant and make sure he sleeps on his side and stays the night. nobody knows, and nobody has to know.
- richie is a big dweeb for the first three and a half years of high school. he’s got a clusterfuck of acne that he can’t quite wash away (and doesn’t really care to), still wears his crooked coke-bottle lenses, has no fashion sense for shit, and really can’t make his hair look…not greasy. when bev goes punk, richie starts out by practically tripping over his feet for her, but when the second semester of junior year starts, he asks her to make him over. when he starts showing up to school with big safety pin piercings like hers and spiked hair, most people think it’s a joke. it’s not. he looks like an utter dork, but he feels less insecure, and that’s what’s important.
- richie starts spending a lot of time at mike’s house. mike’s parents love to have extra help around the farm, and richie can be surprisingly helpful. truthfully, he’s looking for a family, and the hanlons can sense it. he helps mike’s mom cook dinners and mike’s dad with feeding times. he and mike haul around the heavy stuff (well, mike does. richie entertains him while he does it and spots him throughout). it becomes a second home.
- richie gets on school announcements in junior year, and starts every morning with a new and exciting Voice. they don’t suck as much as they used to. he also does stand-up comedy acts for the talent show every year. people laugh, which is a new feeling. his jokes didn’t used to be very funny, after all.
- stan and richie start dating sophomore year, and it’s the best relationship richie thinks he’ll ever have. it’s the first of many, at least, and for a long time, it’s very good. he and stan try things they’ve never done before (stan likes being praised, and richie likes being humiliated). but in the end, richie gets fed up with stan being,,, good to him. the concept is almost alien, at some points. their relationship ends in a huge fight, and yet, they’re back on track soon…sometimes, they still hook up. the feelings never really die.
- bev and richie get high after school quite often. hotboxing is a favorite of theirs. they’re doing it to keep out of the house, and sometimes, to have an excuse to make out. richie can’t fathom why he loves stan and bev both so much, but when he and bev are high, they usually get it on. it’s shameful, to them. it’s a secret that’s never really been a secret. they seek each other out for physical comfort often, but they know where the boundaries are. they’re extremely close. they like to go on spontaneous road trips (and occasional benders, but those usually end in tears and fights and blaming and /you turned me into this/, when really, they’ve turned themselves into whatever they are). their relationship teeters between incredibly beneficial and healthy, and rather unhealthy. it depends. it sucks, sometimes.
- richie starts working at the aladdin. it becomes home away from home. he honestly loves the work. yeah, he’s been beat up there (for many, many reasons), but it still feels like a safe haven. he lets ben in for free, and they hide in the back to watch movies sometimes. this is why he gets fired a year later. it devastates him.