I need more trans! Hazel in my life
Okay but trans girl Hazel is honestly such a blessing?
- We know Hazel grew up in the 30′s-40′s and at that time it was still illegal to be gay, and here’s little Hazel realizing she has crushes on both her guy and girl classmates
- Hazel realizing that she’s jealous of her girl classmates because they get to be pretty and wear skirts and braid their hair and she’s stuck with short hair and a tie.
- Moving to Alaska and being alone gives her lots of time to think and be alone
- Lots of time to mess around with Marie’s makeup and jewelry
- Enough time to realize that she’s definitely not a boy
- And then waking up again in modern times and finding out that there are words for everything shes feeling.
- Hazel finding comfort from her big roman sister Reyna who helps introduce Hazel to the LGBT community at Camp Jupiter
- Hazel finally being able to wear dresses and skirts and grow her hair out
- Big sisters Piper and Annabeth giving her hand me downs
- Piper teaching Hazel how to finally braid hair and then they braid each others
- Hazel finally beginning to feel comfortable in her own skin!!