1. i know, i know. this is terrifying. you’re going to be dealing with many huge changes. but change is good. remember that.
2. try not to blend in. i know its easier but you wanna make some friends, right? you probably want to make good relationships with teachers too. stand out. be remembered in the best ways possible.
3. work hard. strive to be the best. stay up late studying, take notes, ask questions, stay after class, do whatever you can to achieve you’re goals. prove to yourself and everyone around you that you are capable of amazing things.
4. participate. speak your thoughts in group discussions. join clubs. play sports. don’t be afraid. you deserve to be noticed and listened to.
5. stay organized. use planners, label everything, color code, make files on your laptop, don’t keep unnecessary tabs open, and make sure you’re not a mess too.
6. try and make friends. i know how difficult its going to be but you’ll need them. talk to the people on your cross country team, talk to the art kids in first period, talk to the weird kid sitting next to you in assembly. just try and make friends. you need people, no matter how much it seems like you don’t. you will not be able to survive this alone.
7. study. make flashcards, copy notes, use quizlet, i dont care just study. your phone can wait an hour or two.
8. make sure your bag is fully stocked. y’know like extra change, deodorant, hand cream, pads, chapstick, etc. you never know what could happen.
9. its okay if you don’t talk to your old friends anymore. you’ll be okay. so will they. but if you ever find yourself needing to talk to someone, don’t hesitate to text them. they will listen.
10. take a warm shower every night. wash your hair twice a week. drink a glass of milk every morning and a glass of water every night. have a cup of tea while studying/doing homework. reward yourself with an episode of your favorite show. self care is important.
11. make sure to read and write daily. prioritize it.
12. don’t be afraid to express yourself. if your school has a strong arts program, use it. paint, sculpt, draw. find inspiration and create.
13. stay focused and don’t stray from your expectations.
14. find ways to stay motivated. decorate your desk, buy cute notebooks, imagine how far you’ll go by doing well in school.
15. mentally make a daily schedule to follow. repetition is comforting. while everything around you is changing faster than you can blink, take comfort in the fact that your morning routine stays the same.
16. school comes first, but try to make time for your friends. both old and new. you deserve to have some fun. but don’t feel bad if you’d rather stay home with a tub of ice-cream and a season of some netflix series.
17. there will be bad days. days when it seems like you can’t get out of bed. days when it seems like stress is the only thing you’re feeling. days when you just want to give up. but you have to fight through it. have a cup of tea. read that old book you love. watch some netflix. take a break. it’ll all be okay.
18. they’ll also be days when you miss your old life with every bone in your body. on these days, text your old friends. maybe schedule to hang out. or maybe look at old pictures and videos and reminece on all the fun times you had together. don’t feel sad for too long. many more joyous memories will be created.
19. time heals everything. when days are gloomy and your heart is a lil heavy, remember that there is nothing that the passage of time cannot fix.
20. try to finish all your homework before dark. open the windows. welcome the fresh air and let the sunlight motivate you.
21. spend time with your family. you only have so much time left with them before college, don’t waste it. put down your phone, and just enjoy their presence.
22. relativity is everything. i know it seems like one thing is the end of the world, but take a moment to zoom out. you’ll realize that some things are not big as they seem.
23. be fearless. take big steps. this is your time.
throughout my freshman year i wrote tips down to help myself. i hope this helps others as well.
What people think INFPs are like:
Precious sweethearts who are -so- emotional and cry about -everything- all the time.
What INFPs are actually like:
Warriors that are stuck dreaming about the ways they want to help and rescue the people they love, and win love in return. They want the world to be like the fictional one they have in their head and if they are too overwhelmed by life's problems they want to be -alone-, even away from their closest friends, to be upset and jaded at the world.
How people think INFPs socialize:
When they see their friends, they weep for joy because it's so beautiful, and they just can't take the sheer beauty of the friendship.
How INFPs -actually- socialize:
Most of their social interactions happen with the version of you they have in their head.
How often people think INFPs cry:
Everytime the sun sets. Everytime the icing on their cupcake is perfect. Everytime they walk in the park. Everytime the wind blows. Everytime...
How often INFPs actually cry:
When something has come along to truly, truly break their heart. Which is actually hard to do. When everything that they have desired in life begins to fall apart and they feel their dreams crumbling. When they realize they don't know what to do, to go back to where they were before. When they're watching a sad movie/reading a sad book.
How easy people think it is to befriend an INFP:
Be a person. Congrats you're their friend.
How easy it -actually- is to befriend an INFP:
It isn't. You may consider them -your- friend, but they don't consider you the same. You're not really their friend until you prove that you and they share a true kindred link.
What people think INFPs dream about:
Being rescued by a knight in shining armor.
What INFPs actually dream about:
Being a knight in shining armor, rescuing.
What people think annoys an INFP:
What actually annoys an INFP:
Loads of stuff, including MBTI posts that type us as crybaby cinnamon rolls. Please stop. It's humiliating. Thanks.
And she’s everything you wouldn’t want in a girl. She’s smart, and she can barely finish a book because she’s already planned on what book she wants to read next so she starts to read that book and forgets to finish the other. She’s crazy passionate about the earth and the well being of animals. My god does she love animals. She talks to them as if they could talk back. She cares about people even if they turn her a cold shoulder. She is all for the people and thinks that women should be treated with the same respect as what a man gets. She loves to talk about anything and everything. She’ll tell you about the stars and everything you need to know about dogs and horses. She’s the kind of girl you wouldn’t want. Not because she’s ugly because my god she is beautiful. And not just her physical appearance but her soul. It’s the purest and most raw and magical thing you’ll ever see. She’s the kind of girl you don’t want to touch in a physical way or emotional way. Not because she can’t handle it, because she can. She’s the closest thing you ever get to magic, I mean if you believe in that kind of crap. I sure didn’t until I met her in the coffee shop on 11th street. She was wearing all black and she had the most beautiful brown hair that would fall perfectly in front of her face even when she did pull it behind her ear. Anyways I didn’t touch her in anyway. I just admired her from the other side of the coffee shop. I guess I was a little afraid because I could already feel her existence was something that shouldn’t be messed with and I didn’t wanna screw her up. But I did. Her brown doe eyes locked on with mine and it felt like magic. Again not that I believe in it in that moment. The point is she’s not the kind of girl you want because she’s everything you could ever want in a “perfect girl” if there’s such a thing. She’s not the kind of girl you want because when you touch her for the first time it feels like snow falling and everything in between love. She’s not the kind of girl you want because when you break her heart you’ll see she won’t be the same. She won’t sing in the shower and she won’t radiate warmth from her smile when she looks at you. Like I said she’s magic and everything in between love and I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t love her knowing I had all the power in the world to destroy her. I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t love her because she’s not the kind of girl who you just fall in love with. No, she’s the kind of girl who you fall in love with because she makes you see that everyone is equal and that animals do have feelings. She’s the kind of girl you fall in love with because you love the way she gets along with your mother and your father adores her. She’s the kind of girl who makes you believe in magic. She’s the kind of girl who makes you see that you have all the power in the world to do whatever you want if you believe and try hard enough. She’s the kind of girl who could be broken so easily if you hit the right spots and when you do.. when you do break her heart it leaves you feeling every bad word in the dictionary. It leaves you with a bitter taste every time you try and talk about her. It leaves you with nothing but a haunting memory of girl who cares more about everyone and everything because no one cared about her. She is not the kind of girl you wanna fall in love with because when you break her heart you’ll never be able to rid the taste of her strawberry lips from yours. You won’t be able to enjoy summer because it will remind you of the time you both sat under a big oak tree near a pond while she read books to you. Shes not the kind of girl you want because when you both part ways and head back home to the grey sheets of your bed it will flash you back to the time you first saw her naked and how you were so scared to touch something so raw and beautiful. She’s not the girl you want to fall in love with because you won’t be able to sleep at night when you part ways because you’re so busy wondering if she is loving someone else. So you see, she is not the kind of girl you want because she is just to damn magical to be real. Or maybe she is and you shouldn’t take my advice and tell me to go to hell but then again you’ll feel like hell when she cries for the first time because of you. So maybe she is the kind of girl you want but maybe she isn’t. Not because she doesn’t deserve love but because she deserves to be loved right, as if there’s a right way to love. My point is she’s herself and in this lifetime? That is something extraordinary and something that extraordinary deserves to be left wild.
…in which your skin gets colder everytime you get a heartbreak - either being hearbroken or break one, till the pont you are literally freezing to death. But when you touch your soulmate the first time, you get your warmth back. Not that they are sad or crying all the time - just that they get colder and colder, until maybe their skin is blue one day. And maybe, when your soulmate dies, you die with him/her because it breaks your heart so hard, it literally breaks into little pieces of ice?
Imagine just … Someone walking around with blue skin, because they were left so often, meeting a someone in a coffee shop, handing them over their coffee and suddenly, they feel warm again?
Or what is about people, who like to watch movies and shows and read books and are too empathic for the world, so when they see their character heartbroken, they feel that themselves.
Or someone, who is cold as ice and tries to hide it, being all sarcastic and everything, but one day, meets his soulmate and is totally flashed by the feeling.
I want to touch you. But not your skin. I want to see your eyes. I want you to look at me as if you’re trying hard to figure out something. I want to see you smile, the kind of smile that you never show to anyone. The kind of smile that reveals who you really are. I want you. The good and the bad. The confuse and sad. The jolly and silly. I want each and every single part of you —from your body to your soul— from your mind to your heart. I want to hold you and break everything that hurts you. Let me see you. Let me pass through that high wall of yours. Please let me, just let me see you. I just want to know that you’re truly happy.
Anonymous asked: “I find myself creating main characters that are similar to each other. The problem is I put them in a situation and write about how they deal with it based on how I would react, because I don’t really know another way. Do you have any tips on diversifying my characters?”
I think writers have a lot more in common with actors than you might think. Really, writers are more like their shy, introverted, and awkward cousin - I say that affectionately of course, I’m a writer, not an actress.
Why do I always think of you, when you were absolutely smiling at someone else? Why do I always imagine that you’re with me, when you were probably holding someone else’s hand? Why do I fall in love with you, when you always wanted someone else? Maybe because I cannot pull my heart out of your way. And maybe because it breaks me to know that there is someone out there who can make you the happiest person in the universe. Maybe because I can’t accept the fact that it wasn’t me. And it will never be me.
She’s the kind of girl with flowers in her hair and a storm in her eyes. She won’t say much when you first meet but one day you’ll find her on the rooftop, sitting alone with her feet dangling from the building; observing, feeling. And you’ll go and sit with her and ask her if she’s fine. She’ll tell you she is. And she will be. That’s when you’ll realise you haven’t seen a girl like her before. And you’ll ache to know her story. To know how she is whatever it is that she is. But she won’t let you in easy and you’ll get hooked on her. She’s the kind of girl you read about in books. The kind of girl who breaks hearts and smokes cigarettes and writes poetry and makes you fall in love with her. She’ll have a hurricane inside of her and she’ll sing melodies instead of words. Look out for this kind of girl. And protect yourself if you ever find her, because she’ll break your heart in the end and you won’t find comfort in vodka bottles and other girls after her.
Practice hand lettering/watercolor painting/handwriting in different styles - there are a ton of resources and inspiration references online (for hand lettering, there’s a few instagram accounts that I love; with my watercolors, I do a lot of hand lettering and color mixing and doodles; as for handwriting, studyblr is a great reference for that, there’s so much variety and so many new styles to try out!) - I like this one because it has the same vibe as taking notes, but without all the mental energy
Read a book for fun - my go-to will always be re-reading harry potter (my very heart and soul), but anything that’s chill/familiar/interesting/easy to read/relaxing works great for this!
Go for a walk! - give yourself a set time to get back to work, but go outside and clear your head, get some fresh air, take some pictures out in nature, watch the sunset
Grab a snack - ideally something away from your desk to give yourself a break that feels like a break. Grab something healthy or something not-so-healthy. Treat yo’ self.
Listen to new music - find a new artist or an old artist, pay attention to the lyrics and instruments and backing vocals, really get into the song
Make a studyblr post - show off what you’re studying or any tips you’re working with/realizing as you’re working on your homework (I don’t know about y’all, but I always feel most inspired for things like this when I’m trying to work on something else - take a break and use that inspiration)
Clean ur room!! - having a clean room helps you think clearly and it gives you less to worry with later on. Similarly,
Start a load of laundry - that way, you have a guaranteed break when you have to put the wet laundry into the drier in about an hour, and another break when you have to get it out of the drier and put it away. Plus, you’re being double-productive.
Decorate/plan out a bujo spread - still in that same productive realm as homework, but it’s much more fun and creative!
Check tumblr - a dangerous suggestion, perhaps, but just make sure to give yourself a limit and stick to it: like you can only check the first 10 pages of your dash before getting back to work.
These are just a few things I like to do! What are some of your go-to study break activities?
Summary:Distance is a cruel thing, and when you find yourself going astray, they are there to help remind you of just where exactly you belong.
Warnings: Explicit smut. Includes M/M smut as well. Slight angst. D/s themes.
a/n: 11k of smut. This is a new low.
“Well, what do we have here?”
Voice thick with irritation,
spitefulness leaking from plush lips that supported the thin
cigarette hung loosely from his teeth, a threatening gaze sized you
up and left you feeling defenseless and weak under the scrutiny of
coffee eyes, depths uncertain and unknown.
You weren’t exactly sure how you
managed to find yourself in this predicament, hands held at the small
of your back, wrists overlapping each other as a much stronger hold
pinned you in place. You could feel the drumming of Hoseok’s
heartbeat against your shoulder, grip tightening around your skin as
you poorly attempted to gain back any control you once had, which
hadn’t been very much to begin with.
A soul mate’s purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life.