New Post has been published on http://burnfatformula.com/june-05-2013-world-environment-day-think-eat-save/
[JUNE 05, 2013] WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY – Think.Eat.Save –External image
Today’s topic is not about how to burn fat, but is about the awareness of the environmental impact of your food choices.
For your information, today (June 5, 2013) is World Environment Day and the theme for this year’s is Think.Eat.Save.External image
Think.Eat.Save is an anti-food waste and food loss campaign that encourages you to reduce your foodprint.
According to the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), every year 1.3 billion tonnes of food is wasted.
This year’s theme – Think.Eat.Save – encourages you to become more aware of the environmental impact of the food choices you make and empowers you to make informed decisions.
This year’s campaign rallies you to take action from your home and then witness the power of collective decisions you and others have made to reduce food waste, save money, minimize the environmental impact of food production and force food production processes to become more efficient.
Then, what can you do?
- You can purposefully select foods that have less of an environmental impact, such as organic foods that do not use chemicals in the production process.
- Choose to buy locally can also mean that foods are not flown halfway across the world and therefore limit emissions.
- Choose naturally grown foods. They have less of an environmental impact and are much healthier.
- Give seedlings as birthday gifts.
- Keep your cup! When traveling on airplanes, ask to reuse your plastic cup.
- Order small food portions first. Better to add on than waste.
- Save! Every year, consumers in rich countries waste almost as much food (222 million tonnes) as the entire net food production of sub-Saharan Africa (230 million tonnes).
- Sacrifice something small each month – eat locally grown vegetables instead of imported vegetables; do without steak as cattle ranching is high impact!; carpool with co-workers; take your bike to work etc.
- Tell your friends about the enormous amounts of food waste we are creating. A third of global food production is either wasted or lost.
- Learn more about the environment impact of food production. Did you know that it takes 1,000 litres of water to produce 1 litre of milk?
- Jog outside and save the energy you would have used on the treadmill!
- Form a tree-planting group with family and friends and commit to planting and maintaining these trees together.
- Don’t buy more food than you really need.
So think before you eat and help save our environment!External imageExternal imageExternal imageExternal imageExternal imageExternal image
***Share and help to multiply the impact***
As usual, feel free to email this link to your friends and family or share it on your blogs, forums, or Facebook pages to help your friends and your family to understand the important of our environment.
If you’re interested to learn how to burn your belly fat, then you can discover this single realization to quickly getting a FLAT BELLY.External imageBy Daniel N. Alexander
“A healthy body, for a beautiful lifestyle!” P.S.External imageLike us on our Facebook Fanpage:- http://www.facebook.com/TheBestWayToBurnFatFast <<———- “Like” Us Claim your FREE Fat-Burning Tips Newsletter: http://BurnFatFormula.com/newsletter