How do you think Lucy vs Natsu post-war spar would go down. (Since they never got to do it in series)
Ohhh, that’s something I really wanted to see tbh! Natsu vs Lucy, no holding back! And I do believe that even if Natsu was hesitant to fight Lucy before the war, he wouldn’t be like that post-war. He’s always believed in Lucy, but right now I feel like he’s actually quite excited to go one-on-one with her.
Same goes for Lucy. In the early arcs, she was often scared to face her opponents directly and I’ve always felt like deep down she felt inferior to the other members of Team Natsu. In that sense, the time skip was quite the confidence boost to her and it was evident in that chapter when she didn’t hesitate to show Natsu how much she’s improved fighting-wise.
So here’s how I see a Lucy vs Natsu post-war spar.
- August. Quiet, lazy Sunday afternoon.
- Original Team Natsu is out fishing.
- Jokes, laughter, and tons of teasing.
- “Well, Natsu, maybe you’re just afraid of facing me one-on-one. You don’t wanna lose to a girl, do you?“
- “Huh?! This has nothing to do with you being a girl!”
- *cough* Scaredy-cat. *cough*
- “You’re on.”
- At first, Lucy wants to go all out. She’s trembling with excitement to show Natsu just how much her training has payed off.
- Natsu is a bit hesitant. He doesn’t want to hurt her. But he’s also noticed that she’s become more confident on the battlefield. It makes him smile.
- The first to attack is Lucy. She’s quick and manages to surprise Natsu, but he blocks her attack.
- Natsu has trained his body a lot longer than Lucy has, so he’s better than her when it comes to hand-to-hand combat.
- Lucy more than makes up for it with clever attacks, quickly changing in and out of star dresses, and making good use of the advantages each star dress gives her.
- Both of them are really, really enjoying this. They can’t stop smiling.
- They’re not holding back, but they don’t wanna use their super powerful magic attacks. The place they’re at is the same place they always go to when they want some quality quiet time and to catch some fish. It’s their special place and they don’t wanna do any damage to the trees or the flowers or anything that’s there.
- No Celestial Spirits. No AoE Fire spells.
- It’s like they’re dancing.
- After some time, they’re both out of breath, but neither of them wants to give up.
- They charge at each other for one last attack.
- Natsu decides to do his own version of the classic Lucy kick, but his leg meets the scorpion tail of Lucy’s Scorpio star dress.
- Both jump back, but the fight’s not over yet.
- Somehow, both of them decide this can only end with a punch in the other’s face. They’ve been spending a lot time together lately, so, naturally, they’ve started to think alike in a lot of situations.
- Natsu’s right forearm meets Lucy’s.
- They look at each other and realize they’re a bit too close for comfort, both of them panting, faces red.
- Before things escalate, Happy interrupts them with a high-pitched shriek.
- He took advantage of them not paying attention to the fish they all caught and ate most of it. But to avoid clashing with Natsu when he jumped back after his (failed) attempt at using a Lucy kick, the Exceed accidentally pushed the basket with the remaining fish in the lake. Tragedy.
- They spent the rest of the day trying to calm Happy down (which included catching more fish) and stealing glances at each other that left them blushing and even stuttering at times.
- Nobody won the spar, but the day was definitely a huge win for both Natsu and Lucy.