For the anon looking for voodoo theres also "lights in the expanse" by wishicouldunreadthat!
Lights in the Expanse - (TW) Dan finds out that demons are very real, and they perform Black Magic. In fact, one offers him a deal - for a few favours, Dan can experience the sublime. Upon accepting, Dan finds himself with a list of murders to commit and a plushie-like doll fused with the power of a True Name - and that name is Phil Lester.
Let me tell you guys something about bottom Derek.
Derek is often seen as a top because of the fact that he’s a werewolf, used to be an alpha, is definitely a leader, knows how to hold his ground and because of his appearance, the big and buff and brooding dark haired man with the beard (or stubble).
Obviously, that’s definitely the whole image that’s been built on “what a top should look like.”
Even in AUs where he’s not a werewolf, most authors still hold this canon based image of the Derek that we’ve gotten to know and that’s totally okay.
I don’t blame anyone. The first time I saw bottom Derek art, I thought the artist was odd, because how would you see Derek Hale, DEREK HALE, of all people, as bottom?
But then, I gave bottom Derek a chance, and if you’re a fan of my fics, you know that’s the main thing I write.
Let’s set aside his body image and how he acts and let’s set fanfiction aside altogether.
In a canon world, Derek bottoming would be about so much more than what viewers see.
We all know Derek’s past, knows he’s been abused and used and objectified time after time after time, we know he’s body’s played a big part in his mistreatment.
To me, bottoming for him would be a vulnerable place.
No I’m not saying being a bottom in general makes you vulnerable, because it doesn’t, but for Derek, it would be. (And I mean when he’s not being a power bottom.)
Derek has his defenses up, he doesn’t trust easily. He’s always in control of everything because he’s too scared to know what will happen if he doesn’t take the lead because he has too much to lose, his pack, specifically.
For me, I think Derek giving himself up to Stiles like that, opening up, letting loose and letting Stiles take the lead, would be the biggest and most prominent sign of the amount of trust he has for Stiles.
Also being a werewolf, especially being an ex-Alpha. Werewolves are often known as possessive, marking their territory and what not, and Alphas, well, their the leaders. And though he may not be an Alpha anymore, he still got that sense of leadership from it.
So, that combined with his past experiences and the fact that he always has his guard up, if he were to really give in and let Stiles take over him like that, it would mean something to him. It would be a clear indication that he really, truly trusts Stiles with everything in him.
It would be this clear indication that he one hundred percent safe around Stiles.
That’s what makes bottom Derek such a beautiful thing for me.
The way I think of it is that it’s more than what’s at the surface, it’s what’s beneath it too, it’s the the feelings and the meaning behind it.
i honestly cant believe my last message was something along the lines of im fucking suicidal and you could clearly tell i couldnt even fucking type anymore yet it almost 10 pm the next day and he still hasnt had the decency to even open the text even tho he’s checked his phone multiple times and even tho he told me he’d always be there for me and i could count on him and call him whenever i needed him
• Assuming all Latinxs are from the same/said country
• Assuming all Latinxs know Spanish
• Assuming all Latinxs should know Spanish
• Thinking issues Latinxs face are secondary to issues other marginalized groups face.
• Telling us to go back “where we came from”
• Thinking a Latinx is only respectable if they have a “high profile career” such as being a doctor, lawyer, etc
• Thinking all Latinxs look the same- we come in many different colors from all around the world
• Telling us we have to assimilate
• Trying to speak Spanish to us, thinking we all know it
• Thinking we all listen to Spanish speaking artists
• Blending in our cultures together. Latinxs come from many different cultures and all of them are unique and respectable
• Asking us to cook for you / assuming all we eat is Chipotle and Taco Bell shit
• Saying we’re “the best in bed” or “the best cooks” - that is FETISHIZATION. We will not appreciate or tolerate it.
• Calling us “spicy”, “caliente”, “fuego”, “mami” or whatever dumbass word you can think of. That is also fetishization.
• Making jokes about Trump’s dumb fucking wall
• Thinking Black Latinxs are less valid than non Black Latinxs. That’s also anti black racism which is also disgusting.
• Telling us we are not “Latinx enough” because of our skin color / ability to speak Spanish
• Thinking we all dance salsa, bachata, merengue… like seriously?
• Thinking all Latinxs know each other. No, I don’t know “Maria” from your job.
• Thinking only white people can be prejudiced against us
• Eating our food, listening to our music, using our fashion but blatantly disrespecting Latinxs. This one is pretty obvious and very common.
• Prioritizing documented Latinxs over undocumented Latinxs
• Thinking we all are teen parents. That’s ignorant and guess what? We’re not. Even if a Latinx is/was a teen parent, they’re still deserving of the utmost respect.
• Thinking every Latinx is “illegal”
• Thinking Latinxs owe you shit
• Calling us stereotypical names such as “Maria”, “Juan”, “Rosa”, “Diego”, “Jorge”, “Juanita”, “Alejandro”.. etc.. we have any name and our names, whether Spanish or not, are not for you to joke about. Shut the fuck up and go along with Richard Spencer and be a trash bag far away from us.
• Thinking we need to have a last name that is Spanish
• Derailing us when we try to talk about the issues we face. BIG ONE. Shut the hell up and listen to us for fucking once.
• Thinking we’re all criminals.. honest to god…
• Disrespecting Cinco De Mayo, Dia De Los Muertos, or any other Latinx holiday. If it’s not from your culture, either respect it or shut the fuck up.
• Disrespecting our culture.. duh!
• Calling us “Spanish”.. guess what, you dumb fuck? Spanish people are FROM SPAIN. Spanish people are also not Latinx. It’s not that hard. That’s like saying all white people are German or all Asian people are Chinese. That’s so fucking stupid. You are an idiot if you do this.
• “You don’t look Spanish / Latinx”
• Again, telling us the issues we face are secondary / invalid
• Using Latinx slurs.. if this wasn’t obvious..
• Calling us all “chola” or whatever.. you’re also very ignorant if you do this
• Telling us to calm down if we get angry.. we have a right to be angry just like everyone else on this damn planet
• Assuming we listen to a Spanish speaking music artist… like… ???
• Refusing to recognize the racism Latinxs face
• Thinking we should be glad to be fetishized. No fucking way, I will not be glad someone sees me as less than human and equates me basically to a sex toy.
• Thinking we haven’t face any problems.. we do. We do. Oh hell we do. Just because they’re not addressed in the media does not mean we don’t.
• Making jokes about calling immigration on us. It’s funny how I’ve seen Non Latinx POC do this more than white people.
• Thinking all Latinxs come from Spanish speaking countries… no…
• Thinking we’re all maids, janitors, fast food workers, nannies, etc… first of all, those are honorable jobs. Secondly, so fucking what if we were? You’re not better than people with those occupations. Thirdly, we have so many occupations- each and every one of them deserving of respect.
• Thinking we have to chose between our culture and westernized culture. We don’t.
• Saying stupid shit like “hot like Mexico”.. really? Are you serious?
• Only respecting Latinxs that look a certain way
• Making Anti Latinx jokes.. this is obvious
• Thinking you can appropriate our language and culture. There’s Spanish from Spain and then there’s Latinx slang. You cannot use our slang and then disrespect us which you all do tbh.
Other Latinxs feel free to add in because I obviously missed so much.
To honor Stydia finally being canon, shouldn’t us Stydia shippers help get our ship to be TV’S Top Couple 2017? We definitely should! E! Online is hosting a contest where you can vote among multiple TV couples to select the top couple of 2017!
What should I do? Go tothis link, scroll down and vote for Stydia! The fourth round poll is open until Feb 23rd 5 p.m. PT. You can vote how many times you want if you refresh the page! Reblog this post to spread the word!