Here are a few things you should know before you get all surly and enraged when Taeyeon, or any other SNSD member for that matter, is mistreated:
1. SM Entertainment doesn’t care. It is of extreme importance that you acknowledge that. The only reason they promote the girls (rather poorly in most occasions) is because all of them, as well as the SNSD brand, are diamond mines. SM. Doesn’t. Care. About. Them. At this point, no matter how awful this sounds, you should be praying to every single possibly existent deity that they all end their contracts in 2017.
P.s.: For those who blame Lee Soo Man for everything bad that happens to SoShi: Hello, this is late 2016. LSM hasn’t been SM’s CEO for years now. The girls love him. He loves the girls. The current CEO is called Kim Young Min and, when it comes to his work with SNSD, I would frankly say it is fair to call him the Korean version of Hitler. Or Trump. Suit yourself.
2. Korea is extremely sexist. Boy groups are always prioritized over girl groups, even though the boy group market has been decaying a bit. You shouldn’t be surprised if Taeyeon got to sing only one song at MAMA, for example, while the boy groups got to sing 2 or 3. This is how things work there.
3. AWARD SHOWS. ARE NEVER. EVER. EVER. RELIABLE. No matter which award show we are talking about.
4. The Korean entertainment industry is dirty. Extremely. Nothing is what it seems to be.
5. It hurts to acknowledge this, but SNSD hasn’t been in their prime for a while now. They are not going to receive the same treatment they did back in 2009 or 2011. It’s terrible, hurtful to see them be nearly disregarded sometimes, but unfortunately, that’s the reality of the entertainment industry—especially in Korea.
6. Quit being so mad over trivial matters and enjoy your remaining time with the girls. We don’t know if they’re going to renew their contracts. We don’t if all of them will sign with a different company. We don’t know which path each of them will take, should SNSD disband next year, which means we don’t know if, from now on, we’ll be seeing them as much as we do now. Sort your priorities. Love them. Don’t indulge in bad feelings when all they want is to make us happy. Support their albums, their projects, their personal choices, and sincerely appreciate their every effort. That’s all they need. And all we need should only be just having them.
yo, if anyone wasnt me to make a map of the jamaaliday rescue thing, reblog or like or something. i have a lot of homework for this weekend but i need an excuse as to why i shouldn’t do it. lol im a terrible student, dont be like me kiddos (some of you are probably the same age as me so nvm the kiddos part lol) (i already said lol, oh well) anyway, it’ll probably take me a while actually…
I’m high on painkillers and I’m making some predictions. I can’t promise that any of them will be rational, in cannon, grammatically correct, or make any sense whatsoever.
So next week I think Ginny is going to injure something in her arm, probably her rotater cuff or something like that. It’ll probably require surgery if she wants to pitch again, so here’s what I’m picturing.
-She gets visibly injured on the field toward the middle of the episode
-Mike runs towards the mound, SHOOK (slow down the promo and you see it)
-She gets taken to the hospital, while she gets tests; mike paces the hallways, unable to sit still.
-While pacing the hallways, Rachel somehow becomes involved (phonecall maybe; She found out her fiance was leaving her the same day she found out she was pregnant. Now she wants Mike’s….advice.)
-Mike is taken aback by all this information- randomly hangs up on Rachel. Mike has a flashback to the *1x06* episode where Rachel showed up at his hotel room after their chat in her Kitchen…. and they boned. He knows there is a possibility the kid is his.
-Doctor comes out….asks for the family of Ginny Baker and Mike is the first one to stand up in front of the doctor. Doctor tells them what they found and that she will need surgery if she wants to save her career. That she is resting and medicated and that only two at a time can see her.
-Mike lets Blip and Ev, Will, Amelia and Elliot, etc etc, say hi while he processes his choices.
-He leans in the doorframe while he watches her giggle as her surrogate dad al places a kiss on her forehead.
- By the time Mike walks into the room she has drifted into a drugged up nap and he takes a seat in the chair beside her bed.
- He makes a comment about how he’s about to give her one of his ‘unnecessarily long’ ass speeches and tells her how his heart stopped when he saw her collapse on the mound, and how he doesn’t know what he’d do without her cilantro hating, off key, perfectly pear shaped ass in his life, basically some super sappy pour your heart out kind of speeches. (also him making his decision about Rachelll in the process, even if the kid is his, he’s realizing what he wants, and what he wants is right in front of him).
- He ends his speech by telling her that he’s not going anywhere and he’ll be with her through everything, whether the injury means her being on the DL for a few months or it ending her career. He makes a joke about them pimping out their mobility aids together, and then after telling her it’s been a long day he folds his arms on the side of her bed, and rests his head next to her.
- Then the camera pans to Ginny’s face, where her lips will curve into a slight smile. Once mikes breathing steadies out, she’d take her good hand and run it through his beard “You’re right,” she’d whisper into the dark, “I would have missed the beard.” and then camera pans out for the long shot.
I think one of my first ever ideas for a GuyKyle fic was for Kyle to see Guy flirting with a dude, and not only would Kyle be surprised by this, because he didn’t know Guy was bi, but he’d also get really jealous. Well, I finally wrote it!
Kyle took one look at the empty
glass in front of him on the table and frowned. Where was Guy?
The man had gone to get them more drinks ages ago. John and Hal were
busy talking and didn’t seem to have noticed that Guy was taking an
unusually long time getting them their new drinks.
They were in a bar on Earth for
once, celebrating suriving for a whole month – they were actually
low-key celebrating John’s birthday, but he’d insisted on no fuss so
Guy had said they were celebrating that none of them had gotten
killed this month.
Kyle looked over towards the bar,
peering in between the crowd and spotting Guy. He was sitting on one
of the bar stools, talking to the man next to him. The stranger
looked tall even sitting down, with dark hair, slim build, and a
strange close resemblance to Kyle himself. Kyle frowned, and then his
eyes widened in surprise when the stranger put a hand high on Guy’s
thigh, leaning in to whisper something in Guy’s ear, Kyle expected
Guy to push the other man away, but no, instead he seemed to lean
closer, and smile.
Something ugly started burning in
the pit of Kyle’s stomach as he watched the other man lean away
again, biting his bottom lip, lowering his eyes and looking up at Guy
through his eyelashes, still with one hand resting on Guy’s thigh.
Guy looked flushed, but with a smug smile, and said something. The
other man laughed, which only made Guy smile even more, looking
pleased with himself. They were flirting – Kyle thought –
Guy was flirting with a man.
A group of people walked through
Kyle’s eyeline, obscuring Guy for a moment, but Kyle’s mind was
reeling. He hadn’t known Guy was interested in guys. He’d been so
sure that Guy was straight, which in turn meant that he had never
even contemplated acting on his own feelings for the man, after all a
rejection wouldn’t be worth it.
By the bar, Guy had placed a hand on
the man’s thigh, and they seemed to have moved even closer to each
other. It felt like Kyle’s insides were twisting together painfully,
and his chest clenched as his heart sank.
“Kyle, Kyle,” a voice said and a
hand waved in front of his eyes. Kyle shook his head, looking away
from what was going on by the bar and turned his head to Hal instead.
Hal was giving him a very strange look.
“What?” Kyle asked.
“I asked you a question,” Hal
said. “What had you so distracted?” He turned to look in the
direction Kyle had been looking, before Kyle coul stop him. John also
followed his gaze.
“Ah,” Hal said, in a voice that
wasn’t even surprised when he turned back to look at Kyle, with a
look that was far too understanding.
“He’s flirting,” Kyle said.
“With a guy,” he hissed.
“Yes,” John said.
Kyle stared at the two of them for a
“This doesn’t surprise you?”
This actually earned him a slightly
surprised look from both John and Hal.
“He hasn’t told you?” John
Kyle deflated a little bit, a heavy
sinking feeling in his chest. He had thought he was closer to Guy
than both John and Hal put together. Guy was Kyle’s best friend, and
Kyle - based on quite a lot of evidence – had assumed he was Guy’s
best friend. Guy opened up to Kyle, he told Kyle all his secrets, or
at least Kyle had thought it was all of his secrets, but apparently
not this one. He looked down at the table top and didn’t say
“We just assumed he would have
told you,” Hal said.
“Nope,” Kyle muttered.
“Apparently he only trusted you guys with that piece of
information.” He couldn’t hide a hint of bitterness creep into his
“Oh, no, he didn’t tell us,”
John said quickly, and Kyle raised his head to look at him doubtful.
“It’s Guy Gardner,” Hal started.
Kyle arched an eyebrow. Hal gave him a look Kyle couldn’t understand,
but it seemed a little bit like Hal was re-evaluating Kyle, and Kyle
didn’t like it. “He’s not subtle,” Hal said. He nodded in the
direction of the bar, and Kyle glanced over. The dark haired man was
practically in Guy’s lap at this point they were so close, and
laughing. “He’s blatantly flirting with that guy in public, and
he’s done that before.” Hal’s expression clearly told Kyle he was
being judged. “How have you never noticed?”
“Um,” Kyle mumbled.
“Besides,” Hal started. “With
the way he’s been looking at you we also assumed that-” Hal
started. There was the sound of a brief scuffle underneath the table,
and then Hal made a pained expression before glaring at John.
“What?” Kyle asked. Feeling
“Never mind,” John said.
“No,” Kyle protested, and looked
at Hal again. “What do you mean ‘the way he looks at me?'”
“How is he this unobservant?”
Hal asked John, who sighed and shook his head.
“What Hal is trying to say,
instead of letting you figure this out on your own or at least wait
until Guy gets around to getting his head out of his ass-”
“We have to wait an eternity for
that to happen,” Hal interrupted. John rolled his eyes.
“Is that the way Guy looks at you,
“Heart eyes,” Hal said
interrupting again. John turned to Hal, eyes narrowing into a
“What?” John asked. “What does
that even mean? Where did you even hear that in the first place? I
have so many questions,” he paused. “I don’t think I want the
answers,” he said contempative, looking away from Hal, who turned
to Kyle again.
“Kyle, he looks at you like you’re
the sun and the stars-”
“Same things,” John muttered.
Hal ignored him.
“He looks at you like you are
every single great thing wrapped up into one, like,” Hal seemed to
already be running out of poetic hyperbole, and Kyle was giving him a
very doubting look.
“Like a really fast plane ride?”
John suggested with a grin. Hal glared at him, and then turned to
“He’s in love with you,” Hal
said. Beside him John was nodding.
“He is. It’s pretty patethic how
obvious it is too,” John said, and Hal nodded.
Kyle stared at them.
“What?” Kyle asked.
Hal glanced at the bar, and then
looked back at Kyle.
“They are leaving,” Hal said.
“You should probably do something.”
Kyle looked towards the bar and saw
Guy and the dark haired man get off the stools. He hesitated for
another second, before he noticed Guy’s hand on the other man’s arm,
and the jealousy started to bubble up in his chest again. Before he
could think too much about what he was doing he got up, and marched
over to Guy and the stranger.
“I’m sorry,” Kyle said, though
he was pretty sure he didn’t manage to get even close to sounding
apologetic, as he grabbed Guy’s wrist. “But I need my partner for a
very important mission, somewhere else,” Kyle said. Aware that he
was babbling, but all he could think about was getting Guy as far
away from this man as possible. The stranger opened his mouth, but
Kyle had already started moving, pulling Guy with him towards the
“What the hell, Kyle,” Guy
hissed. “What’s with the cockblocking?”
“I didn’t know this was a thing I
could have, and I am not letting you go off with some second-rate
look-a-like of me,” Kyle said.
“Oh,” Guy said softly after a
moment, when realization hit him.
In the alley outside, Kyle pushed
Guy up against a wall, and found his mouth in a quick kiss, pulling
back when he realized what he was doing and maybe he was stepping
over a line – his mind started to race away from him overanalyzing
– when a strong hand gripped the back of Kyle’s head, fingers
tangling in the strands pulling Kyle into a heated kiss. Kyle’s hands
were fisted in Guy’s shirt. Guy moved his free hand down Kyle’s back
to his ass, and Kyle moaned into Guy’s mouth.
They pulled back, foreheads leaning
against each other, panting slightly. Kyle opened his eyes slowly,
and looked straight into Guy’s open eyes, and he saw what Hal had
meant. Saw soft open eyes shining with love, so overwhelming that
Kyle’s knees almost buckled, and his own heart swelled with the
emotions in his chest. He smiled, and Guy smiled back. Kyle leaned in
and kissed the corner of Guy’s mouth.
“Come with me?” Kyle asked, a
little breathless, and he put his hand on Guy’s wrist, holding it in
a light grip.
Things I’ve been thinking about lately: Maybe it’s okay for me to not be incredibly invested in my gender.
This seems to be the normal state of being for a lot of people; see Vi Hart’s video on gender for an example. It was also close to where I was before dysphoria surfaced, I was guy-shaped therefore I was a guy by default and I didn’t much care beyond that.
I had been assuming that transness was fundamentally a state of caring incredibly about one’s gender and identity; we do a huge amount of work and expose ourselves to tons of risk to be who we are, so we must feel our gender and care deeply about it at all times.
But that’s not my experience. I don’t feel my gender at all times- indeed there have been entire days where I haven’t thought about it at all beyond the fundamentals of pulling a bra out of my dresser in the morning. There were a lot more of those days before transness entered my life (yay male privilege), but they still happen.
Maybe it’s okay to be a girl by virtue of being comfortable being read that way. Maybe it’s okay to be a person first, a woman second, and a trans person third.
Also maybe I’m coasting on passing privilege. I don’t have to confront people’s reaction to my transness because I get to choose when and where I’m out. I don’t have to confront my transness directly because I can pass and be comfortable without putting much effort in to it.
But I’m realizing that I’ve been trying to fit a limited model of what it means to be a trans person. That’s not a terribly happy place to be- I’ve been spending energy to try to stay in a “good” area and feeling fake and bad for slipping outside that space, and none of that is necessary.