things that are happening in real life

but honestly w the podcast it would be so awesome to just hear jack ramble for an hour or so and he could talk about so many things like answering comments, things happening on youtube or irl, sharing life stories, things he has seen in the community recently like fan projects or fan art he liked, videos and movies he enjoyed, stuff hes working on or what hes working towards,  alSO in depth reviews on games and what his thoughts/ theories are on the stuff hes currently playing since he said there are a lot of things he doesnt get to say in the video itself???? im so down for this

So I was on the anti tag.
and my phone was acting strange so I scrolled through some gifs and suddenly the gif starts freezing and there are white glitches everywhere and I’m over here freaking out because when I click the gif it’s just normal and the creepy thing is it now also starts happening when I play a game sooooo I think anti has Infiltrated my phone


real talk tho
it’s so weird how, ever since Anti started up in October, there have been sO many people talking about their devices glitching and stuff like that
wouldn’t it be terrifying if we legitimately brought him to life

Do you sometime just, idk try real hard to not think about how you failed your whole purpose of living, and managed to actually trick yourself into thinking that you’ve moved on and is making new plans…
And then, something just HAPPENS to remind you what a fucking failure you are.

What I think about the Laucy photoshoot, the MTV article, Laucy, Camren and Lauren’s tweets

I am aware that as part of the big audience we are constantly fed by the information they provide us, and as we don’t know what happens in real life we ​​can easily believe what they want us to believe.

All of this things like the photoshoot, the MTV article brings media attention, gossip, headlines, the fandom freaking out on social media… Come on, we can’t forget that THEY know our patterns and way of thinking (in general as a fandom, as a mass, not as individuals, of course) a lot better than we know THEIRS simply because it’s THEIR work, they are professionals that know how to work with an audience and get inside our minds to achieve what they want, to sell whatever they want us to buy.

But hey, don’t you guys wonder why ALL of this is happening right now? Because I do, I wonder why are we seeing the photoshoot now, why are we reading the MTV article now, why is the photographer supposedly giving her point of view as some kind of insider according to some laucy-live-interaction she witnessed during that photoshoot… I notice how conveniently the article ends with the phrase “She added, ‘I did not stage that, I did not tell them to do that. A lot of the moments were very real. Very candid” and now after all of that stuff, as the dessert strawberry, we read Lauren’s tweets. It’s all a big WOW.

I’m not going to talk about what kind of bond Lauren and Lucy have in real life or what kind of relationship they had, have or may have in the future. It’s none of my business. It’s their life and I respect them. But I do and will talk about laucy in the sense of being PR because for me it was used for it.

If we ask ourselves why would Lauren be open to a PR like laucy and being shipped with Lucy, I think the answer could be that she was doing it for many reasons like she was promoting Lucy whose singing skills started to show up (and if I’m not wrong I believe she has an album coming up or at least it was a rumor at that moment) and the focus was on “laucy” as a ship and not on “camren”.

I’m pretty sure the laucy kiss had a purpose because it happened right before Lauren came out and the pics were staged and in HD (not like those camren leaked pics in potato quality). I mean, Lauren wrote a letter to Trump supporters in which among of all the important things she said, she mentioned that she was a bisexual Cuban-American woman. With that being said, if the media searched about Lauren’s love life just for gossip, what would have they found? That laucy kiss was the perfect cover to get Lauren out of the closet without involving Camila and to create an imbalance in the attention they give to the band because at that moment Mila was still in 5H.

I think laucy was carefully planned. Every single pic or interaction we’ve seen… everything that reached our eyes or ears… all planned for PR and I think it still can be used in the future – just like this MTV article says “they dated on and off for a few years. So they’re good friends over everything else”, so if it is needed again all they have to do is have some laucy social media interaction and some people will believe that laucy is back on the game again.  

I repeat, I’m not talking about laucy as the real relationship Lauren and Lucy had, have or might have, I think it’s fair to say that actually no one but them knows what is really going on between them. I’m just talking about laucy being used for publicity regardless their personal relationship, just that.

I think about why this kind of information comes to us right now. One of the many things we have to consider is timing, that’s one of the many things we’ve learned after reading all those mind-blowing posts the wise people of this fandom made explaining how this crazy industry works and sharing what they’ve searched and discovered and letting us know their mature and well-formed opinions. We know that nothing is random, nothing happens just by coincidence or casuality. Like if we see or hear or read something it’s because they wanted us to see it or hear it or read it at that precise moment. That’s why I say it’s very clear that timing is the key that allow us to connect one fact with another and make our conclusions. There is always a cause and a consequence, we can see it.

Now talking about Lauren’s tweets, well… I can say that I understand her – of course, if it was actually Lauren herself the one writing and replying because we all know their social media accounts can be controlled, I think that’s a possibility we have to keep in mind.

I think the “killing-camren-campaign” had always been a main project for the label and management and all those teams that work with the girls and now Lauren’s tweets bombarded the ship, I mean, we can say that she made herself clear.

But we can’t ignore that it had to be done so this narrative can continue with a single Lauren open to any relationship in the future and a Camila who seems straight to her potential audience and new fans apart from all the fans she already has who lover her unconditionally, so time will pass and some camren shippers may jump to a new ship – just like it happened with laucy – and this will take the focus away from camren as the audience will see both Camila and Lauren walking in different and separate ways following their dreams and dating other people.

As it is a fact that a huge part of this fandom seems to have short memories, I’d say that in this way camren might remain as a ship inside this fandom, a ship that was never real, a ship that was just in our camren shipper’s delusional minds. So following this kind of logic camren will sunk for good like the Titanic in the deep ocean with the passage of time. And I think this is what it is needed for the label to keep this story going. It is convenient. 

Now, if it was Lauren the one who wrote all her tweets and she meant every word she said, I understand that she needed to do it and why she used those words. I get it. I get her.

I know social media, especially twitter, is a warzone. Some people are so toxic that their bad vibes are almost palpable, so I get why Lauren could probably be done with all of this hashtags and comments and stuff. I understand her, honestly. Her life is being exposed because she’s a celebrity, and she is a reserved person so I can’t imagine how hard it might be to be in her shoes.

It’s a shame that a part of the fandom always found a way to put one of the girls as a villain and the others as pure saints. It’s a shame how because of some rude and disrespectful people that don’t know about boundaries, everyone tends to put us all in the same “annoying fans” basket. It’s a shame, really. Being a harmonizer is beautiful and this kind of things in a way ruin the good parts that we as a fandom have.

But I want to say something: Shipping is ok. There’s nothing wrong with it. We can ship all we want but one thing is being a low-key camren shipper and another completely different thing is to be one of those people who comment “camren is real” under their tweets and photos the girls post, tag them in pics, edits, gifs and manips and bother the them with the ship thing… Come on! Not all camren shippers are the same! Don’t judge us all for shipping camren just because of the crazy, rude and aggressive part of the fandom’s behavior. It’s silly to just generalize, really.

As I trust body language and unscripted moments, the ones we can consider spontaneous actions or interactions, it’s hard, very hard, for me to believe that camren was just a product of our imagination, just a ship that our delusional minds created and that was never real.

Now, I think that there is some trouble with the term “real” when it comes to ships, especially ships like this one, camren. I, personally, consider that a ship is “real” because I talk about feelings being real, not because I say that the people I ship are actually married and have children and live in a mansion in the middle of nowhere with a cat and a golden retriever. Real, for me and maybe for some other people, means that there is chemistry between them, feelings involved, looks, touches, smiles and candid moments that demonstrate that there is a special bond and connection between them, a romantic one to be precise.

So even though I love and respect Lauren I find it very, very difficult to just believe that what she tweeted it’s the complete truth.

I feel that there are things like feelings and emotions that we as humans can’t hide even if we try to control them. Love is one of those things. Eyes don’t lie, they speak and scream what we’re feeling just like our gestures do and we certainly didn’t imagine it all.

darkveracity  asked:

Before Theatre of Coolty was a popular short film it was a play that you wrote. There are lots of different ways to stage a play but once you've seen a specific one it has a tendency to stick in your brain. Nowadays when I read the script I can /hear/ the way she read the words. How well does the film line up with what you were imagining when you wrote it originally? Are there major things you'd do differently if you were staging it yourself? (no offense to Bee; she did a really good job!)

My experience here is pretty much the same as my experience writing plays and seeing them produced by people in real life, which is that the best part is seeing what happens when the work hits someone else’s brain and they have to grapple with making it into an actual working piece of theater.  I am not a visual artist and I don’t work visually - I hear rhythms when I write but the images I get in my head are for the most part either indistinct or based on the other works I’m referencing, and so (for example) when I saw Bee’s setup I was like “that is both accurate to the references in question and better than anything I would’ve come up with,” and thus, satisfied.  If Bee hadn’t got the Hirst horse or the Godot indoor tree right it would’ve bothered me, but once that threshold of basic accuracy has been met I am mostly interested in seeing what happens when the work is out of my hands.

So - the film is its own object, and it’s a more complete object than the fic I wrote because it’s been through multiple heads - I would for example have never arrived at the deadpan cadence Bee uses throughout, but it’s a good choice and I’m happy to let it sit in your brain when you read the thing.

hermajestyreginamills reagiu à tua publicação “I don’t think they’re homophobic. It’s just that it’s not the way they…”

now im crying again

i love you a lot okay and trust me i know it hurts. i remember last summer i was really depressed bc i knew sq was never going to happen and it all just hit me like a brick wall. like… i had flashbacks of how badly we’ve been treated and i was just so sad i legit cried myself to sleep. people think that this is dumb as hell bc it’s just a show but?? no. this is literally real life and some people in the fandom treat us with disdain just because we’re lgbt+ and we ship swan queen.

it took me awhile to heal but! watch more lgbt+ movies/ shows if thats your thing! read more fluffy sq ff!! trust me it works wonders. 

when you realize how unfeminist and ugly this show is you’ll start to slowly drift away even when the love you feel for the swan mills fam is huge. and when you’re finally done w the show you’ll feel better, ok?

anonymous asked:

So I was a Sherlock fan until this last season. The treatment of Molly then having her just act like she was okay with it at the end w/no resolution? Also, they ruined Moriarty for me. His entrance was amazing! I loved him as a villain and was hoping somehow he didn't actually die, only to find out not only was he really dead, but he was manipulated by Sherlock's sister! That retcon physically hurt.

Yeah. 

The whole thing still makes me feel sick, tbh. I discovered Sherlock by accident after two seasons, and there was so much of everything in there - ugh. That’s always what happens, right? It’s only when you love so much that you can feel the real anger once it’s over and you realize it was never worth it in the first place. Life, and all that.

Molly - I loved what they were doing with Molly, because Molly, more than anyone else, pointed out how flawed Sherlock was; how unthinkingly, or perhaps even deliberately, cruel. That first scene between them physically hurt, because we’ve all been there, right? Slavishly devoted to someone because we like them so damn much, and it doesn’t even matter if they spit in our face. So it was well done, I think, all of it - falling in love with someone who’ll never love you back isn’t a sign of weakness, or that of a badly written character. It’s life. It happens to all of us, and we all need to learn how to get over it (although, perhaps - if fiction provided more models of scorned men making peace with their feelings and accepting that things sometimes don’t work out, instead of the usual parade of abandoned women crying their hearts out in some messy bedroom - well, maybe we wouldn’t have all these men around whose only solution to being told no is outrage and violence and rage and a sense of deep and personal shame). So, well. The beginning of that was not only sweet, but necessary, because we were watching the story through John’s eyes and John was slightly infatuated from the very beginning and, therefore, an unreliable narrator.

And Moriarty was magnificent, you’re right. A jewel of a character. The idea he’d been manipulated from the start (and why, and how) - it ruined everything, because that game - it was between him and Sherlock, no one else. It was built that way, narratively, and I’d be very surprised if Moftiss told us they were aiming for Eurus all along. They clearly weren’t.

Sherlock was supposed to be the best of all things, and it turned out to be the worst. It didn’t respect its characters (or its outstanding actors). It made a mockery of its own story. It turned what had been a hymn to emotions and rationality into a circus. And the worst part is, it did all of that - for nothing. Because in some cases, cheating works. We never question why the hero is always an orphan, and why there’s always only one way to save the world. We accept storytelling is a sleight of hand - a magic trick which is deceiving us and cutting corners to lead us some place better - to make our lungs collapse and our heart burn with too much pain and too much love. It’s like watching fireworks. We never think of the ugly reality of them - we like the pretty lights too much. But here - here, it didn’t work. There was no plan. I had feared the worst ever since Mary’s pregnancy was announced, but I was hoping for them to find a way to make it work - not necessarily Johnlock (even if, come on - some acknowledgement of that would have been decent), but a finale that would stay true to those characters. And instead, we got nothing. 

(And the thing is, one writer, slaving alone on his novel and cursing at it? I’ll understand if it’s not their best work. But TV shows - they’re the product of a collective effort. You don’t get to use the Bad Writing Day card. You’ve got the resources to make it work, so if you don’t - well, I’m sorry, but I’m done with you.)

anonymous asked:

L said camren was never real. Ok but here it goes, why are you (L) so mad at us CS when you say it wasnt real ? Why you try so hard to shut down all those Camren thing ? Why dont you calm down and act like nothing happen ? In my opinion, if Camren wasnt a thing just like what L said, theyll relax like Jerrie. Theyre joking around abt it and saying Jerrie is real bcs they know it wasnt real, EVER ! Only friendship. Lmfao Lauren, calm down dont always angry and angry. We love you okay

I don’t get it, too. But people deal with things differently. They react differently. Maybe something happened between them that might have caused things to be awkward and that’s why she hates it when she’s reminded of that ship.

But from a personal point of view, based from experience, I’ve been shipped in real life with friends and we always play along and joke about it if there’s really nothing to it. The only time things get awkward and defensive is when there’s actually an underlying attraction to the person I’m being shipped with. It doesn’t necessarily have to have been a relationship, just an attraction or an idea of a possible relationship, but whenever people bring it up or ship us, it gets annoying…


So, yeah.

remember when everyone was reading the hunger games and one of the major themes was how the media toned down all the horrible things that were happening to focus on the bullshit love story
and then the books got made into movies and the real life media toned down the horrible things that were happening to focus on the bullshit love story
because I still think about that sometimes

I think the worst thing that fandom culture and the increasing acknowledgement of fandom culture from creators has wrought is this

incredible amount of entitlement that people in said fandoms get like

just because creators know something is a thing in a fandom doesn’t mean they have to do it or else they hate their fans. It’s a consistent thing I’m seeing more and more in fandoms and it’s getting worse. Like all the steven universe garbage that’s happened over that show’s run and now overwatch like

people are wishing other people dead because a robot ninja and an angel woman are dating. and there are people who are legit horrified at the sheer concept of characters being straight and I’m just sat here wondering how they can possibly tolerate real life.

the fact that people get so entrenched in what they perceive as author approval when their ships and headcanons aren’t immediately shut down, despite said author interacting with the fanbase, that their mental health deteriorates when something contradictory is even hinted at is just sickening like

I just went on twitter and saw people legitimately wanting to kill a man on the overwatch team because of gency and like

its. not. yours.

you do not own overwatch. you do not own steven universe. you do not own anything you’re fandoming so hard over. rebecca sugar could tomorrow have pearl confess her love to renaldo and the overwatch team could make torbjornXpharah and both of them would be canon because it’s THEIR CREATION AND THEY DECIDE WHAT HAPPENS.

THEY get to decide what to do with it. Not you. It is NOT YOURS.

I absolutely think fandom/tumblr culture has led to more death threats and harassment than any other thing on the internet and I think if creators want to avoid it, the best way is to just stop acknowledging the fandoms. Because they’ll twist whatever they can get their filthy hands on so they can shit on other people and never feel remorse or grow as people because they’re doing it to be “progressive”

hey so i know that dismissing all the “this is just like when ___ happened in ___ book/movie/tv show” posts as “white privileged liberalism” is real popular right now but like

a lot of autistic ppl process real life events through fiction

and comparisons are the only way we can understand the severity of something

(heck my four year old brother is autistic and he only speaks referentially he literally can’t understand something you’re saying unless someone has said it in a tv show)

so like when i say “oh this is just like when umbridge took over at hogwarts” what i mean is “this is a funny thing to say, yes, but im also contextualizing my experience in a way that means i can understand fully the emotions and social context involved because i’m autistic and don’t understand these things like allistics do”

(allistics are welcome and encouraged to reblog)

cute lil realistic things in yuri on ice that never happen in other anime

> they wear different outfits like real life people
> none of that anime flip phone bullshit they all got normal smartphones
> two people share a name by coincidence. like this always happens in real life noone else have 300 friends named chloe
> attention to hair growth over time
> characters have pets

one thing i like about King of the Hill is how the show always stayed rooted in reality, unlike other adult-oriented animated sitcoms 

like, anything that happened in King of the Hill could happen in real life and there was always a realistic justification for what was going on

like, ok, the Hills go to Japan on vacation. Why do they do that? Hank’s father, a WW2 veteran, was invited to a sort of post-war reconciliation event and Hank’s family was invited to join him. The episodes B-Plots are about Hank learning he has a Japanese half-brother and Bobby making friends with a Japanese girl by playing DDR with her. All of these things are grounded in reality, everything makes sense, nothing is outlandish about it.

Plus, the show was always super good-natured and respectful despite starring a conservative Texan white family.

like, yeah, the Hills were a bit ignorant, but they were always willing to learn and accept new things even if they were a bit reluctant at first. again, very grounded in reality. 

king of the hill was a really good natured show. i like it a lot. 

5

“I miss him as a human being and I miss working with him. What an unfortunate thing it is that we won’t be able to see the beauty of his expression… He was incredibly special and that doesn’t even come close to encapsulating who he is, who he was… I’m trying to have relationships that are as real as they possibly can be on a movie set, be close to people because I know that it’s precious. And I know, not only can this career end in a very short period of time and this or that can happen, but that life is precious. I think losing Heath and being a part of a family that was something like the movie, the movie we all made together, makes you see that, makes you appreciate that and hopefully moves you away from the things that really don’t matter to the things that do.” - Jake Gyllenhaal #9YearsWithoutHeath

It’s real. It’s real because when other people hurt me I blame myself. I never think about the other person’s fault. I begin to tell myself, “‘You knew better. 
You shouldn’t have gotten attached.’ 
It’s happened so many times in the past why would you think this time it would change
? You let it happen. 
You knew it would happen and you didn’t do anything. 
You shouldn’t have even kept entertaining the conversation. 
You need to pull yourself back together and stop letting small things affect you so much.
—  writtwithwitt 

trauma doesn’t often feel like trauma is ‘supposed’ to feel. it feels like indifferent detachment, watching from outside yourself because nothing can hurt you there. it feels normal, just how people interact, so why are you making a big deal about it?  it feels like a joke – just how kids play, just how adults tease, just how some relationships work.

you wake from nightmares five years later and still wonder if you made it all up.

trauma can look like bad behaviour. like the stubborn refusal to get better, to stop self-destructing. trauma is putting yourself in harm’s way because you don’t really mean it, or because it’s funny, or because you just want to feel something, or because you just want to stop feeling. it’s wanting to destroy and reassemble yourself into another person entirely, so your real life can begin. because this isn’t real. because really bad things don’t happen to people like you.

trauma is the constant feeling of being an impostor. it’s the drive to survive twinned with the impulse to make yourself more sick in more ways. to hurt yourself to prove how bad you feel, or to punish yourself for exaggerating. you want people to believe what you’ve been through, to tell you your feelings are real, that your memories really happened. but when people do take you seriously, you play it off as a joke, apologize for bringing the mood down.

you go on and on about how it wasn’t that bad. you seek permission to still love the ones who hurt you, because it’s the people closest to us who can hurt us most deeply.

you can feel like the people who hurt you are the only ones who really knew you. in low self esteem, you can mistake cruelty for honesty.

there will always be people who have been through worse. that doesn’t make what happened to you okay.

there will always be people who don’t believe you. that doesn’t mean you are lying.

at some point, you have to take yourself seriously. you have to make a life you can stand to live. it’s the only way to survive.