Study Habits to Develop.
I am nearing the end of my grade 11 year and just wanted to share the study habits that I developed (and I wished I picked up from the start) when taking up VCE for the first time.
1. Learning Style - There are a bunch of learning styles such as (visual learning, auditory learning and physical learning). I for one learn through visuals and jotting down notes over and over annnd over again just to get it through my head.
2. Always have a planner - If you’re a Starbucks fan (like me) - I usually just use my Starbucks planner that I get at the end of the year through collecting stickers and what-not. Having a planner is really useful to write down reminders for school and writing down goals. I also get if you don’t like planners… so I recommend using your phone or any device that can store details of reminders.
3. Have a specific time to do homework - If you get distracted by alot of things (like me) you should set a time in the day to get work done. In my case, this study habit wasn’t really developed I just had it pounded into my head when I was younger. Just have an alarm on what time you need to do your homework.
4. Find a “study zone” - Find a place where you find comfort in studying and where you can be really productive. Usually I just hang around in my room as it is very quiet and nobody really disturbs me.
5. REST - It is 100% important to get things done, but if you’re really drained from all the school activities - you need to take a power nap and regain that energy that you’ve lost. When you wake up, drink water and you’ll be good to go.
* Note: You may get distracted (trust me, it’s normal) - try to think about the time you’re wasting not getting work done and how much time you couldve saved to do whatever you wanna do after getting things done.