*writing* Oh wow, they are going to love this. This is by far my best work!
*witty lines* *perfect love making* *fluffy enough to kill us all* *a dash of angst, a smidgen of hurt/comfort*
Oh man. This is it. This will be my legacy! *sweats into fic* *bleeds into fic* *cries into fic* *spends days perfecting the grammar and verbage and sex scenes* *has 15 betas look over it*
Okay. It is finally time to release my baby on the world. Here you go fandom. You're welcome.
Ha, cute. *like* *kudos*
* * *
same fanfic writer:
*writing* Whatever. This is shit, I don't even care right now. A singing squirrel? Sure, let's do it. Haha, cheesy lines that make no sense, sure. Grammatical errors out the wazoo? Why not. No one's going to read this piece of crap anyway, I literally wrote it on a scrap of 1 ply toilet paper with a broken yellow crayon.
OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING YOU HAVE EVER GRANTED US WITH, WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE, OMG, I NEED A SEQUEL IMMEDIATELY, PLEASE. WHAT THE. I'M NOT EVEN WORTHY. *kudosrebloglikereccomment*
unpopular opinion time but the rhetoric painting all men as abusive and/or disgusting was a major factor in keeping me in the closet for years after i knew i was a trans man, because i was living in fear that the second i accepted my manhood, i would become that abusive and disgusting person.
there’s a big difference between separating cis and trans men because cis men are “real men” and trans men are “other” and recognizing that trans men have a different relationship with manhood and masculinity than cis men when they’re younger, closeted, and later pre-transition (or if they choose not to transition). ignoring the fact that trans men were raised differently than cis men ignores reality. we were force-fed the same misogyny as women, and despite the fact that it was misdirected that still affects us. i have many “feminine” mannerisms left over from before i realized i was trans, and later, when i was masquerading as female due to the constraints of my environment.
this isn’t to say that trans men will always experience misdirected misogyny or that this makes us “lesser men”, but when making blanket statements about men it’s important to remember that not all men are cishet white men. it’s not radical to call black men abusive or rapists; it’s perpetuating a dangerous stereotype. in the same way, these statements tell trans men that their experiences are identical to that of cis men, when that’s a ridiculous claim. we have different experiences, and they’re both the experiences of men, but they still have profound effects on who we are and how we interact with masculinity.
the trans male community suffers from a misogyny problem just like any other male community, and exempting us from rhetoric regarding misogyny is wrong. however, there’s a way to do it without forcing us deeper into the closet with toxicity. the male experience is varied, and men can be privileged as men and oppressed in other aspects. stop acting like the male experience is exclusive to those that are in the most privileged of positions.
I made a thing! Birthday gift for @anxieties-alleviated. Designed the pattern, pulling colors only from DMC I already had (which is not a lot, thus doggo is brown instead of orange), and stitched this up in less than 48 hours. A good chunk of that was during microscope time last week. Because when I craft, I really craft, but when I set a nonessential deadline for myself I become scary hyperfocused.
Popped it into a magnet frame and voila~~~hardcore denial doggo shall be preserved.
I saw something like this and decided to share my own
Things I love about critical role:
- the way grog and pike talk with each other and the little voices they use
- when scanlan sings and everyone joins in (literally my favorite, especially mid battle when everyone’s stressed and you know it’s exactly the momentary relief they need)
- vax using his crazy stealth to prank vex and grog
- when keyleth or someone who’s trying to Do Good™ looks to pike for support and pike kinda shrugs with a “Well…" because she's part of the shenanigans herself
- taliesin’s "that’ll do"s
- the little gnomes always rolling low initiative and scanlan saying he was preoccupied with his flute playing or some Unimportant Thing
- Matt making kickass NPC voices on the spot
- the side conversations and jokes that happen while someone is talking to Matt
- when you can see them interact and makes faces at each other from different tables
- keyleth when her voice gets soft and high and optimistic
- vex when her voice gets low and sultry and coy
- when vax runs into something without consulting the group and they all collectively face palm/panic
- when a party member does something and Matt’s eyes go wide and he laughs because holy shit he didn’t see that one coming but boy is it marvelous
- "How Do You Want To Do This?” followed by a collective: "WHAAAAA!!!“ and near table flipping
- when keyleth casts a spell and marisha’s shoulders turn and her front hand comes up in a reaching/grasping motion
- percy trying to be all diplomatic and adult and then Taliesin just losing it because grog said something quietly across the room
- when grog says something quietly across the room and ashley’s the only one to hear it but she’s too focused so it doesn’t register for a second but then it does and they just laugh in the corner together
- vex calling everyone darling
- laura getting frazzled and saying "well i’m just gonna shoot it again!” in a really distressed voice and everyone reassuring saying “no no that’s good” and “yeah do that”
- scanlan mentioning his many titles
- the shits
- when they all are legitimately crying because this shit is real
- when grog and scanlan go off together
- lady kima being salty towards scanlan
- pike being in awe of lady kima because that woman is badass
- literally everything about Gilmore
- scanlan trying to leave trinket behind all the time and vex getting worked up and annoyed because he’s helpful scanlan
- when travis wants to say something so bad and you know it’s painful to hold back but he has to because grog wouldn’t say it
- magic poop?
- when somebody is about to do something questionable and they look to everyone else and they are all being like “no don’t do it” meanwhile scanlan and grog are grinning and nodding from behind them
- the fleeting look of panic when Matt has everyone roll initiative
- all of vex’s reactions all the time
- when matt is describing something and somebody asks for clarification and then get excited because he described it just like they saw in the head
- when travis starts dancing
- when vax leans back on the bench to disappear and when laura does the same thing but because she’s laughing too hard
- the fact that I can’t interchange the characters and the players' names because they’re different people to me and the reaction that travis has is completely different to the reaction the grog would’ve had
- when two characters are having their own moment and everyone else is reacting and making faces and trying desperately to not make too much noise
- Ashley rolling for a check and pausing for a second and asking about having advantage or getting a bonus before eventually trailing off and saying “so… I rolled a four.” and everyone laughing because oh my god Ashley is the cutest
- the sun tree and the fact that matt not only does the voice but the whole persona as well
- dagger dagger dagger
- “I would like to rage”
- scanlan lowkey saving the entire party from huge conflicts all the time because he’s so amazing and charismatic and deceitful
- honestly just the entire show it has consumed my life I love it so much