something with reggie mantle? like maybe he lets u wear his letterman jacket and everyone is Shook™
y/n: your name. h/c: hair color. e/c: eye color. y/n/n: your nickname
After school one day, you and Reggie hang out at your house. He didn’t exactly drive you home, he may have snuck in through the window, but it didn’t really matter since your parents were okay with most things.
“y/n, I can’t focus on the homework. Can we do something else instead, please?”
“Yes, love. Do you want to watch a movie?”
“Sure. Hmm.. Let’s watch… The Fox and The Hound?”
You get excited since it’s one of your favorite Disney movies.
“Yes! Of course! It’s my favorite.”
He smiles and goes over to kiss your cheek, “I know, babe. That’s why I chose it.”
You smile and let out a giggle, “You’re the sweetest, Reggie.”
He blushes and gets the DVD for The Fox and The Hound, putting in the disc player and grabbing the remote. You turned off the lights and got a blanket to cover the two of you while you cuddled.
As you and your boyfriend watched the movie, you both got tired and tried to stay awake, yawning till the end of the movie. When the movie met its end, Reggie left and kissed you goodbye, climbing out the window just as he had come in your house.
Later, Reggie texts you.
Reggie: Hey, y/n/n
y/n: hey babe. what’s up?
Reggie: Did I leave my letterman jacket at your place?
You look over to your chair where he set it when he took it off.
Reggie: Oh well. I’ll get it from you tomorrow. You can wear it at school if you want.
Reggie: Well, I have to go, so I’ll see you tomorrow. I love you
y/n: I love you too <3
You smiled since you knew how nice Reggie’s jacket was, and it would probably smell like him.
The next morning when you show up for school, everyone is shocked when they notice that you’re wearing Reggie’s letterman jacket. Veronica is the first to speak.
“Oh my God! Y/n/n, how long have you been with him?!”
You smile with a bit of a giggle, “Two months.”
Betty is next in turn to talk, “I’m so happy for you guys! You make an adorable couple.”
Jughead, your best friend, comes up to you, “You guys are cute, but if he hurts you, tell me.”
You love how caring he is, but you don’t think Reggie would do that to you. He’s too gentle and caring.
“He may be on the football team, but he sure is hot, and definitely boyfriend material,” Kevin praised me for pursuing Reggie.
Meanwhile, Archie didn’t seem very surprised, so Veronica scolded him for not congratulating me, “Archiekins! Why aren’t you saying anything about y/n’s relationship?”
“I already knew, since Reggie always talks about her,” he smiled, “He really loves you.”
You smile, surprised that everyone would be so shocked at your relationship, but happy that they support you.
a/n: i’m sorry this took so long! i’ve had homework to do, and that’s gotten in the way of writing. i hope you guys still like this though :)
Because it’s almost Valentine’s Day, I wrote a thing.
Hanzo tilted his head, staring at the slim box McCree had
shoved into his hands before he could even say hello. He found himself confused
for a moment as he tried to think of a reason for the cowboy to be bringing him
a gift before recalling the date. He bit the inside of his lip before looking
up to meet McCree’s eyes. “I did not get you anything.”
WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE ABOUT VIRGINITY?! THIS IS A GOD DAMN CHILDREN’S SHOW! LOOK, I NEVER KNOW WHAT YOURE WRITING ABOUT! SCHWINN, S H U S H, I WANT A SONG! YES, I WILL DO MY HOMEWORK, YES I WILLwork in the garden, YES I WILL GO WITH MY GRANDPARENTS…TO ISRAEL! instead i get this nonsense about someone who loses,,,their virginity t-to those with whom they have no affinity?! THIS IS A GOD DAMN CHILDREN’S SHOW! i-i..youre sick, youre in the hospital, you’ve got this…. brain thing. you know what? you know what? im gonna get my son to write the song. where is my son?! HEY! where’s my son? somebody find my son? where’s my son?
Just some random YouHane things because I should be doing homework but I love them oh so much:
People asking about Yoshiko’s relationship with You, and instead of telling them that they’re dating, Yoshiko claims that they’ve, “formed a powerful soul contract that binds them together”. In reality, she’s just too embarrassed to admit that You is her girlfriend and this is her weird way of doing so. You just plays along with it.
You taking Yoshiko out on one of her dad’s sailboats at night so they can look at the stars together on the ocean. While they’re out there, they sit huddled together under a blanket as You shares all of the old sailor’s tales that her dad used to tell her when she was a kid. Yoshiko gets especially into the ones about sea monsters–claiming that one day they need to go find it for themselves so that “Yohane can claim it as her own little demon”.
They really like going on dates to the arcade. It’s largely because Yoshiko is so good at the fighter games there that she almost always ends up getting a high score. You, on the other hand, loves getting the bragging rights that her girlfriend is the coolest person in the arcade right now.
You making new fallen angel outfits and accessories for Yoshiko to use in her livestreams. And, on the same topic, You gladly wearing any type of fallen angel costume if Yoshiko wants her to (or even if she doesn’t bring it up at all), and enjoys doing it.
You reading Yoshiko’s books about black magic and looking up information online in an attempt to understand the things that she likes better. She’ll do it without even being asked to do so by Yoshiko. Yoshiko actually feels touched that You would take the time to learn about it, even if she doesn’t get it, instead of just brushing it off as lame or weird like most people do.
Yoshiko going to You’s swim meets in order to support her (sometimes accompanied by Chika and/or Riko). She makes for quite a cheering section, getting looks from the people around her as she yells to You that she’ll curse her if she doesn’t win. Whenever You finishes, no matter how she places, she always turns to where Yoshiko is sitting, grins, and pumps a fist in her direction.
Yoshiko not caring much for PDA, but rather, preferring to have private, romantic moments alone with You instead. You doesn’t care either way–she just wants to do what makes Yoshiko most comfortable. Though, during the few instances where Yoshiko desires to display affection for You in public, You will lightly tease her, claiming, “What ever happened to not liking PDA~?” This only serves to make Yoshiko flustered.
Going along with that, Yoshiko being more clingy and affectionate than she might appear to be. If they’re alone together, Yoshiko will gladly cuddle against You, or give her light kisses along her jawline, or intertwine her fingers with hers, or giggle lightly when You presses her nose against hers. She might not admit it to anyone else, but she loves the special attention.
Yoshiko actually being kind of the jealous type. When flocks of girls surround You, Yoshiko is quick to creep behind her and bitterly stare them all down. And while Yoshiko doesn’t say a word, her dark aura looming over them is enough to make the girls laugh nervously and back off. You doesn’t even notice Yoshiko standing there until she turns around.
You helping Yoshiko out during her streams by doing camera work and taking care of any flashy special effects Yoshiko wants going on. Yoshiko’s audience has no idea that You exists, because she doesn’t think that they’ll approve of a fallen angel dating a mortal (she calls it their “forbidden romance”). But once they do inevitably find out about You her fans just find their relationship adorable.
I bought a new journal last week for to-do lists, date-keeping, and minor notes. I haven’t had a physical journal for months, despite using them for nearly a decade otherwise. It was about time!
I set it up today during my astroparticle class. First thing I did: restructure how I do my to-do lists. I previously broke my to-do lists into categories like “Academic Courses”, “Research”, “Teacher Assisting”, etc. From now on, I’ll instead use the following three categories:
Hard Schedule: Places I have to be, courses I have to attend; immovable blocks of time and obligations.
Soft Schedule: Tasks I’d like to accomplish during gaps in the hard schedule. Usually due the following day at the latest.
Floating Goals: Bigger goals that don’t need to be completed today or tomorrow, but need completing in the grand scheme. For example, homeworks, projects, and presentations will likely fall into this category for most of their to-do list lifetimes.
I’m trying to balance my day-to-day obligations (as to keep afloat) and larger goals (which make me feel successful). I will achieve!
What do you do to stay organized? What methods are most effective? What methods put you in a better mental space?
Best wishes, my friends! You’re strong! You can do this! I’m rooting for you!
- if you get an idea, write it down somewhere (this is especially useful for forgetful people like me) - always ask questions - be courteous - don’t be afraid to be wrong. more often than not, your professor would correct you instead of shaming you because the important thing to them is that you actually want to actively participate - it’s okay to miss some classes if you really need to - do your homework - bring snacks - befriend and interact with your classmates so you can have people to share your stress and suffering with study and enjoy the class with - regularly check your email - always have an umbrella - you can say no if you want to - take breaks of reasonable length - naps are great - it’s always good to talk to people with the same goals as you (i.e. same dream career) so that you can find motivation together - it’s okay to fail as long as you learn from it - don’t be afraid to ask your professor for help - do something outside of schoolwork (working out, taking a trip) - my statistics professor started writing his thesis for his masters while listening to progressive metal after reading studies that suggest it to be the genre that more intelligent and productive people opt for. he said it really helps. an actual pro tip - there will always be some people in your life that will pressure you into cutting class and/or doing some rule-breaking. they may pressure you into doing things you don’t want to do. my advice would be to cut them off or to distance yourself from them. my first year first semester grades weren’t the best and i was so unhealthy due to regularly smoking, cutting classes to drink, etc. this changed in the middle of the next semester. i knew i wasn’t taking care of myself properly and that i was taking for granted the education that my parents pay for with hard-earned money (not to mention the amount of sacrifices they had made just to get me into school). i learned how to say no to these friends despite their insistence. to my surprise, they understood. they didn’t hate me for it (but that doesn’t mean they opted for the same path lmao we’re still friends until now though) - walk to your classes if you can - always be a little early - it’s okay to cry (but with the amount of sleepless nights and breakdowns my friends and i have each had, we should really think of ways to reform the education system) - befriend your professors
Summary: Bucky’s been suffering from constant nightmares and sleep deprivation, until one night a trip the kitchen ends up making all the sleepless nights worth it.
Word Count: 985
Warnings: Nightmares, PTSD, fluff, small character injury
A/N: Because I did this instead of doing homework. :) Enjoy!
(Gif not mine)
Out of all the things that could happen, of course, I’d be having nightmares. Every night I’ve been having them and they always made me feel guilty for all the things I’ve done during my time as the Winter Soldier.
I reach out to the side of the bed to find it empty. It wasn’t unusual to find it empty, she’d get up to stretch now and then. Knowing I was never going to get back to sleep, I might as well make the most of it. I made my way down to the kitchen, to make some of (Y/N)’s tea to help calm my mind. Lost in thought, I failed to realize I wasn’t alone when I entered the kitchen. I practically jumped right out of my skin when a voice screamed at me.
I feel like Eleven would be easily frustrated with homework, and the kids would try to help but in the end they’d be just as clueless as her. So, instead, Nancy and Jonathan come to the rescue. Nancy is better at explaining things in detail, and Jonathan is better at simplifying things so Eleven can have a better understanding of what to do. With a few blow ups here and there (and a few pencils embedded into the byers’ walls) Eleven is finished with her homework. A proud adoptive brother and a friend’s kind sister smile the next day as Eleven comes home beaming with one of the best grades in her class
i feel like the idea that hinata and naruto make a good ship based on the fact that hinata saw him as more than just the jinchuriki and watched him from afar and appreciated him etc etc etc is kind of weird because like… shikamaru did all of the same things? and he actually spoke to and hung out with naruto? instead of just stalking him? therefore by the same logic shikamaru and naruto are the perfect couple confirmed this is 100% legit
1. Always do your work when you get it and don’t wait until the last minute. Waiting until the last minute to get work done will sometimes allow you to still get things done by their due date but it leaves little room for studying and reviewing between then and in the end will hurt you on exams.
2. Work alone. The best way to learn new material is to do it on your own and struggle through and figure it out ON YOUR OWN. I wish someone had told me this because I really struggled to catch up in classes this past semester because I would do my homework with friends instead of learning how to do things on my own and it hurt me a lot on exams.
3. Find friends you can study with.You want to be able to be productive if you choose to do a study session. Studying with friends might be okay if you work well together but chances are you’ll get distracted. Find people you work well with to study because you tend to learn more that way. For me, that was people I met in class and at office hours.
4. Please oh, please use office hours This is such a big one that freshman don’t use until the last minute. These are your best bet for getting questions answered if you didn’t understand something in lecture, on your homework, etc. Plus, getting to know your prof is very important because they tend to be more helpful if they see you are working hard in their class and they give good letters of recommendation if you make a good impression on them. If you can’t make their office hours, email them or set up an appointment. It’s very important to have good communication.
5. Sit in the front and ask questions Be the nerd of the lecture by sitting in the front and don’t be afraid to ask a question. However, if its a question that requires a lengthy answer, save it for office hours so you don’t the lecture behind schedule.
6. BUY AND READ THE DARN TEXTBOOK So many people tell you not to buy the textbook if you don’t truly need it for assignments but that is so wrong. You will always need the textbook if it is in the syllabus. Period. Read the chapters BEFORE lecture and review it afterward if material still doesn’t make sense. You will learn so much more and remember so much more in a faster time period than if you don’t read it at all. The book is also extremely important for covering details that won’t be covered in lecture.
1. Meet new and DIFFERENT people instead of people like yourself. These people will show you so many cool new things that you’ll never experience otherwise. Meeting new and different people can be challenging and uncomfortable at first if you’re shy like me but it will make your college experience much more worth it.
2. Join clubs but not too many. Take part in activities and clubs that you enjoy but be careful not to overload yourself. Freshman year you should start off by just trying a few clubs here and there just to see what you like before committing to a lot of anything.
3. Don’t be afraid to say no to alcohol, drugs, and even hanging out. College students say “You do you” and they really mean it. You don’t have to feel pressured to do anything you don’t want to do and no one will judge you for that. If you find “friends” who do judge you, make some new friends. Also, remember that school comes first so if you have a large project to do and your friends want to go out, its ok to say no. Your friends should understand that in college, you really need to get stuff done and that schedule can be different than theirs.
4. Be okay with being alone but completely surrounded by people. You are almost guaranteed to different schedules than your friends so you’ll learn that you’ll often be eating or doing school work alone. This is perfectly normal! Learn to like it because it’s nice to do things on your own. You may feel lonely sometimes but you’re also always surrounded by people. It’s hard to find actual privacy in college especially when you live in the dorms and share a room with a roommate. It will be strange at first but you’ll find the right balance of being along and being with people over time.
Roommates and Dorms
1. “A clean room is a clean mind.” Keeping a clean room will help you to study because you’ll be able to easily find everything you need instead of digging through piles of clothes and other belongings. Dorm rooms are also very small so putting things in their rightful storage places is essential for keeping a tidy room.
2. Study outside of your room as much as you can. If you’re like me, you can distract yourself easily especially when you don’t want to do something (like study). By getting the majority of your work done in the library or somewhere else on campus other than your room, you have less options to distract yourself whereas in your room, you have all your stuff to pick up and lose hours of study time with.
3. Be straightforward with your roommate. If your roommate is doing something that bothers you, tell them clearly right away (politely). Otherwise, they’ll never know and continue to do what is bothering you. In order to avoid arguments, tell them right away very nicely and they should stop. It might be their room too, but you need to make sure that you’re happy as well.
I hope this was helpful. This is only SOME of the tips I could think of for right now but I have tons more tips and advice that I love to share. If you have any questions about these tips or want to know more, feel free to ask.