can you imagine. Library au
Keith and hunk work in receiving, processing new shipments/donations and putting books back from the dropoff chute. Pidge is IT support for the library and keeps the servers secure and lightning fast and definitely doesn’t spy on people with her network. Shiro and lance are the receptionists bc Lance thought it would be a good way to meet some smokin bodies and shiro just really loves books okay. Coran owns the building and Allura manages it and takes down all the mouse traps Coran puts up because “they’ve never chewed anything or pooped on the books, Coran!"
And there are the usual library shenanigans including but not limited to
- a closet full of books. no context it’s just there and Coran wants it to stay.
- squirrels sneaking in through the dropoff chute when the weather gets colder
- hunk and keith hunting the squirrels bc they’re not always busy
- hunk wanting to be humane only and Keith slowly putting his knife away
- Keith this is a library why do you have a knife
- *squints into the horizon like a war veteran* squirrels
- pidge suggesting that the mice are helping the squirrels
- keith’s war against rodents begins and Allura scrambles to set up cozy hiding spots for them all just out of Keith’s reach
- and then he finds his pistachios MISSING and his pear has been nibbled upon and he mc freaking loses it
- shiro puts this sign up on the dropoff chute very quietly and kindly and he just kind of puffs up knowing that he’s done a Good Deed
- people start obeying the sign and Lance leaves the front doors open so he can hear it every single time it happens. He has a tally chart.
- the chute opens one day without anyone shouting down it and Keith runs upstairs and looks around "did you see any squirrels ma'am"
- Lance is dying bc it was him.
- klance makeouts between the bookshelves
- the dudes from the computer repair shop next door coming in and asking if any of the webcams in the library had mysteriously turned on too
- pidge is a good liar bc obviously she was behind it.
- hunk and allura putting food for the squirrels on the roof in an attempt to keep them safe from Keith
- hunk and allura realizing that the squirrels are determined, suicidal little shits and so they just put food in the corner of the library or up on the highest bookshelves and hope that their tails will do the dusting for them
- shiro sighing at literally everything as he hand feeds the squirrels
- is he Snow White like how does he do that
- Keith’s Betrayed Face when he sees shiro schmoozing the squirrels
- *whispers* I thought you loved me
- shiro rolling his eyes so hard he goes and joins a bowling league
- the dudes from the computer repair shop coming back AGAIN and asking if show tunes had started playing in the library
- pidge must physically remove herself from their presence bc she’s trying very hard not to cackle like an overlord
- Keith brings in a CAT
- allura is horrified and literally clutches her chest
- Lance falls in love with the cat, feeds it treats and snacks and gives it lazy toys until it gets ULTRA FAT
- Keith comes to the conclusion that his bf sabotaged his cat plan on purpose and cuts off the nookie supply for a month
- worst month of everyone’s lives tbh
- hunk begs Keith to please just fuck Lance again
- a hanjo in the Scientology section at the very least please please please
- pidge and shiro end up stuck in the weird book closet somehow
- shiro COULD break down the door but that’s just a lot of work
- why break things when you could have a book fight
- they throw a couple hundred paperbacks at each other for 20 minutes
- pidge builds a throne of books and rules her domicile (400 books and shiro) with cunning and dignity
- until shiro slaps her in the face with a copy of pride and prejudice and the war begins anew
- the library has like three floors and everyone knows to stay out of the left wing of the third floor during lunch breaks bc Lance and Keith honestly don’t care if u see their butts they will not stop
- shiro or hunk lifting pidge onto their shoulders to put more food on the shelves for the squirrels
- the general populace of the town not being weirded out by any of the shenanigans in the library
- it’s just another beautiful day in mr Roger’s neighbourhood for them
- Keith runs by them with a knife in his teeth and a net in his hands? Totally normal
Where freshly minted Captain Kirkreads up on stuff evenwhen he’s not on shift and nods off in random conference rooms on the Enterprise. Certain first officers who don’t require as much sleep take care of things.
hey pals, I just finished reading sally ride: america’s first woman in space, by lynn sherr, and here’s a collection of my fave sally ride facts:
her favorite constellation was orion, because you can find it so easily
one of her first jobs was babysitting. she made the kids pb&j sandwiches, but they wouldn’t eat them because “the peanut butter was on the wrong side of the bread.” sally threw out the sandwiches and never babysat again.
she stopped drinking coors beer when she found out joseph coors had opposed the equal rights amendment
she told the u.s. ambassador to norway that his rape joke wasn’t funny
exxonmobil gave millions of dollars to her “sally ride science” teacher training academies. it was a business compromise between an oil company and an environmentally proactive nonprofit, and during each keynote speech, sally would make a comment about “oil spills” or “oily money” and glance over at the exxonmobil rep before moving on.
she had a border collie when she was a kid, and two bichon frises with her partner, tam.
watching barefoot contessa was a daily ritual, and she loved ina garten’s meatloaf
when her relationship with tam started getting serious, tam asked “is this forever?” and sally responded “I can’t think more than five years ahead.” so every five years, tam would ask her “are we renewing?” they ended up being together for 27 years. when she was dying of cancer, sally told tam “I wish I had another 27 years with you.”
“self-identifying pansexuals”…….what the hell does that even mean. who else would identify your sexuality but you. you dont go to the doctor and wait for them to come back with a diagnosis saying ‘you’re gay’
“I remember. I was sick and alone, and you were leaning over me. And you must have been sad or something because your eyes were insanely blue. I mean, they always are. But they were like…like comets. And I’d never seen anyone so stunning. And I kissed you. And it was uh, it was okay that I was…It was okay that I was going to die because I’d gotten to kiss you.” - Mon-El
“When I first saw it in the store two years ago, I laughed at it. Then I went back and bought it. It’s as if they tried to make a guitar so no one would have to have an effect pedal ever again. It’s got a repeater effect, a palm wah-wah and a ratty fuzz distortion sound. And when you play it, it sounds like an orchestra from outer space.”
I feel like they ought to have an episode focusing entirely on Carl. Not just as a side character that everyone else has to deal with, but as the main character telling the story. Something focusing primarily on the struggles that an autistic person might face, because it's important both for autistic and non autistic people to see what they go through to better understand them.
that’s a good point. like, it’s a good step to have autistic characters in the cast in general but, like you said, having them be a side-character that people Deal With isn’t… the best they could do. having autistic characters take center stage and tell their own stories is important as well.
and it doesn’t necessarily have to be just struggles, either. like, there could be an episode about stimming and stim toys and how those things can be soothing and fun and expressive, y’know?