something with reggie mantle? like maybe he lets u wear his letterman jacket and everyone is Shook™
y/n: your name. h/c: hair color. e/c: eye color. y/n/n: your nickname
After school one day, you and Reggie hang out at your house. He didn’t exactly drive you home, he may have snuck in through the window, but it didn’t really matter since your parents were okay with most things.
“y/n, I can’t focus on the homework. Can we do something else instead, please?”
“Yes, love. Do you want to watch a movie?”
“Sure. Hmm.. Let’s watch… The Fox and The Hound?”
You get excited since it’s one of your favorite Disney movies.
“Yes! Of course! It’s my favorite.”
He smiles and goes over to kiss your cheek, “I know, babe. That’s why I chose it.”
You smile and let out a giggle, “You’re the sweetest, Reggie.”
He blushes and gets the DVD for The Fox and The Hound, putting in the disc player and grabbing the remote. You turned off the lights and got a blanket to cover the two of you while you cuddled.
As you and your boyfriend watched the movie, you both got tired and tried to stay awake, yawning till the end of the movie. When the movie met its end, Reggie left and kissed you goodbye, climbing out the window just as he had come in your house.
Later, Reggie texts you.
Reggie: Hey, y/n/n
y/n: hey babe. what’s up?
Reggie: Did I leave my letterman jacket at your place?
You look over to your chair where he set it when he took it off.
Reggie: Oh well. I’ll get it from you tomorrow. You can wear it at school if you want.
Reggie: Well, I have to go, so I’ll see you tomorrow. I love you
y/n: I love you too <3
You smiled since you knew how nice Reggie’s jacket was, and it would probably smell like him.
The next morning when you show up for school, everyone is shocked when they notice that you’re wearing Reggie’s letterman jacket. Veronica is the first to speak.
“Oh my God! Y/n/n, how long have you been with him?!”
You smile with a bit of a giggle, “Two months.”
Betty is next in turn to talk, “I’m so happy for you guys! You make an adorable couple.”
Jughead, your best friend, comes up to you, “You guys are cute, but if he hurts you, tell me.”
You love how caring he is, but you don’t think Reggie would do that to you. He’s too gentle and caring.
“He may be on the football team, but he sure is hot, and definitely boyfriend material,” Kevin praised me for pursuing Reggie.
Meanwhile, Archie didn’t seem very surprised, so Veronica scolded him for not congratulating me, “Archiekins! Why aren’t you saying anything about y/n’s relationship?”
“I already knew, since Reggie always talks about her,” he smiled, “He really loves you.”
You smile, surprised that everyone would be so shocked at your relationship, but happy that they support you.
a/n: i’m sorry this took so long! i’ve had homework to do, and that’s gotten in the way of writing. i hope you guys still like this though :)
Because it’s almost Valentine’s Day, I wrote a thing.
Hanzo tilted his head, staring at the slim box McCree had
shoved into his hands before he could even say hello. He found himself confused
for a moment as he tried to think of a reason for the cowboy to be bringing him
a gift before recalling the date. He bit the inside of his lip before looking
up to meet McCree’s eyes. “I did not get you anything.”
Just some random YouHane things because I should be doing homework but I love them oh so much:
People asking about Yoshiko’s relationship with You, and instead of telling them that they’re dating, Yoshiko claims that they’ve, “formed a powerful soul contract that binds them together”. In reality, she’s just too embarrassed to admit that You is her girlfriend and this is her weird way of doing so. You just plays along with it.
You taking Yoshiko out on one of her dad’s sailboats at night so they can look at the stars together on the ocean. While they’re out there, they sit huddled together under a blanket as You shares all of the old sailor’s tales that her dad used to tell her when she was a kid. Yoshiko gets especially into the ones about sea monsters–claiming that one day they need to go find it for themselves so that “Yohane can claim it as her own little demon”.
They really like going on dates to the arcade. It’s largely because Yoshiko is so good at the fighter games there that she almost always ends up getting a high score. You, on the other hand, loves getting the bragging rights that her girlfriend is the coolest person in the arcade right now.
You making new fallen angel outfits and accessories for Yoshiko to use in her livestreams. And, on the same topic, You gladly wearing any type of fallen angel costume if Yoshiko wants her to (or even if she doesn’t bring it up at all), and enjoys doing it.
You reading Yoshiko’s books about black magic and looking up information online in an attempt to understand the things that she likes better. She’ll do it without even being asked to do so by Yoshiko. Yoshiko actually feels touched that You would take the time to learn about it, even if she doesn’t get it, instead of just brushing it off as lame or weird like most people do.
Yoshiko going to You’s swim meets in order to support her (sometimes accompanied by Chika and/or Riko). She makes for quite a cheering section, getting looks from the people around her as she yells to You that she’ll curse her if she doesn’t win. Whenever You finishes, no matter how she places, she always turns to where Yoshiko is sitting, grins, and pumps a fist in her direction.
Yoshiko not caring much for PDA, but rather, preferring to have private, romantic moments alone with You instead. You doesn’t care either way–she just wants to do what makes Yoshiko most comfortable. Though, during the few instances where Yoshiko desires to display affection for You in public, You will lightly tease her, claiming, “What ever happened to not liking PDA~?” This only serves to make Yoshiko flustered.
Going along with that, Yoshiko being more clingy and affectionate than she might appear to be. If they’re alone together, Yoshiko will gladly cuddle against You, or give her light kisses along her jawline, or intertwine her fingers with hers, or giggle lightly when You presses her nose against hers. She might not admit it to anyone else, but she loves the special attention.
Yoshiko actually being kind of the jealous type. When flocks of girls surround You, Yoshiko is quick to creep behind her and bitterly stare them all down. And while Yoshiko doesn’t say a word, her dark aura looming over them is enough to make the girls laugh nervously and back off. You doesn’t even notice Yoshiko standing there until she turns around.
You helping Yoshiko out during her streams by doing camera work and taking care of any flashy special effects Yoshiko wants going on. Yoshiko’s audience has no idea that You exists, because she doesn’t think that they’ll approve of a fallen angel dating a mortal (she calls it their “forbidden romance”). But once they do inevitably find out about You her fans just find their relationship adorable.
Summary: You work on some homework and Will gets distracted by something you do
“Stop that.”, William whined from the other side of the couch.
You looked up from your computer and instead turned to see your boyfriend of 4 months who was smiling at you. He was originally watching the Oilers game (as the Oilers were the Leafs next opponent), while you were doing homework for one of your college classes.
“That thing you do when you concentrate.”, he insisted.
“That thing?”, you laughed. Will joined in, your laughs filling your Appartement.
“Yeah, that thing. You’re playing with your bottom lip when you concentrate.”, he explained.
“Oh. I didn’t even notice.”
You focused back on your work and finished writing your essay when you realized that he was right. You caught yourself biting your bottom lip and even slightly twisting it. And after you realized it, you also realized that Will’s eyes were practically glued to it, as he watched you with a big smile on his face.
“Now you’re doing it on purpose.”, he claimed playfully.
“Totally not.”, you grinned.
A muffled scream of surprise escaped your throat when suddenly, your computer was placed on the ground and your lips were sealed. Will didn’t intend to let you continue your work anytime soon. This was his personal revenge, although you didn’t have anything against it. The kiss you shared was long and sweet and when you separated, your forehead was leaned against his.
“I warned you.”, he whispered.
You were practically lying on your back and he was hovering over you, leaning in for a second kiss. It was deeper than the first, and this time you were actually able to react. Your hands found their way to his shoulders while you felt his touch on your waist and on one of your cheeks. The warmth of his body reminded you that it was freezing cold outside and that you were lucky to have someone as wonderful as him stay at your place just because he liked you.
“No more working.”, he requested after you had separated again.
“Agreed. But only if you cuddle with me.”
“Everything to make the lady happy.”
You giggled a little as he was retreating back to the other side of the couch. But you were soon to follow after you saved your file and closed your computer. You ended up lying with your head on his chest and his arms around your Torso. You knew how happy you were, but hearing the sound of his heart beating steadily reminded you of how much you really loved him.
“Babe?”, you asked.
You waited for a second since you had never said it before. But you were so sure. You gathered all of your courage before you spoke up.
“I love you.”
Your heartbeat increased and blood was rushing through your ears. It felt good to say it but deep down you were afraid he’d shoot you down.
I bought a new journal last week for to-do lists, date-keeping, and minor notes. I haven’t had a physical journal for months, despite using them for nearly a decade otherwise. It was about time!
I set it up today during my astroparticle class. First thing I did: restructure how I do my to-do lists. I previously broke my to-do lists into categories like “Academic Courses”, “Research”, “Teacher Assisting”, etc. From now on, I’ll instead use the following three categories:
Hard Schedule: Places I have to be, courses I have to attend; immovable blocks of time and obligations.
Soft Schedule: Tasks I’d like to accomplish during gaps in the hard schedule. Usually due the following day at the latest.
Floating Goals: Bigger goals that don’t need to be completed today or tomorrow, but need completing in the grand scheme. For example, homeworks, projects, and presentations will likely fall into this category for most of their to-do list lifetimes.
I’m trying to balance my day-to-day obligations (as to keep afloat) and larger goals (which make me feel successful). I will achieve!
What do you do to stay organized? What methods are most effective? What methods put you in a better mental space?
Best wishes, my friends! You’re strong! You can do this! I’m rooting for you!
I should have been doing homework instead of this, but I don’t care. Also, I strongly headcanon that Percy would have kept his hands behind his back during the kiss, Regency-style, because he was raised to be a gentleman.
I had to go look up actual photo reference for this, because kissing continues to be one of the weirder things humans do.
The first thing Usnavi buys with his share of the money is a plane ticket. He has everything set and ready, a good seat booked on a small flight down to Santo Domingo and transportation ready to take him the rest of the way. The second thing he does is buy a binder.
He knew his little cousin too well. Sonny wouldn’t use the money to buy himself anything and instead would invest it for other people’s benefit. The boy had a big heart, too big for him to cope with sometimes, and because of that he was going to let himself continue to be uncomfortable so that he could give his share to someone he deemed more in need of it. Everyone knew that. Knowing it, though, didn’t mean he had to agree with it.
The packaging was purposefully discreet. Usnavi had come back to their small apartment and set it down gently on the kitchen counter, treating it as if it were a glass figurine while also trying to make it seem as if it were nothing major. A small note had been taped to the top to denote that it was meant for Sonny, but beyond that there was nothing indicating what it might be. He’d wanted to call Sonny in right then, give him the gift and see his reaction, turn around so he could have a bit of privacy to put the thing on then see his eyes light up once it was, but he forced himself to have patience. Sonny didn’t like drawing attention to the body he’d been given so it was best to keep the giving of the gift as simple as possible.
The door unlocking snapped Usnavi out of his thoughts and he quickly picked up the paper he’d been trying to read that had slipped onto the floor. Sonny called out a greeting and Usnavi offered a distracted one in response to make it seem like he was engrossed in the article. He couldn’t care less about the damn writing, couldn’t read a word on the page. Sonny was heading towards the kitchen like he always did, reaching for a glass to get water, pausing when he noticed the brown paper package and setting his glass down with a soft noise of confusion accompanying the clink. Usnavi was straining to look out of the corner of his eye at this point. Paper tore and Usnavi tensed as there was silence while Sonny read the description of the product. The only warning he had was a quiet gasp before Sonny was barreling over and throwing his arms around his cousin.
“Navi, you ain’t serious!” he exclaimed even while holding the binder in his hands. “You got me this? For real?”
Usnavi laughed and adjusted himself so he could hug Sonny back properly instead of simply being trapped by him. “Course I got it for you! Gotta make mi primo pequeño look even more handsome than he does now, don’t I?” He gave him a squeeze before pushing him back. “¡Intentalo! ¡Darse prisa!”
Sonny grinned at him, pulling back as he quickly pulled the binder out. He kept the little cardboard insert to read over the instructions silently for a moment and Usnavi took this time to turn his back to his cousin and give him time. There was a few minutes of quiet punctuated only by Sonny muttering to himself every now and then before Usnavi felt the sports bra his cousin had been wearing (The best thing they had been able to manage before this) hit the back of his head and he laughed. Sonny gave him a weak apology and kept dressing.
“Alright. I’m good now, you can look.”
Usnavi wanted to say that he kept it together well enough. He wanted to say that when he turned around he grinned and cheered. He couldn’t say that. As soon as he turned around he saw Sonny’s face, beaming as if he’d swallowed the sun and replaced it in the sky. Even while waiting for Usnavi’s approval he kept glancing down, tugging on the loose shirt and smiling a bit wider whenever the action didn’t highlight breasts like it used to have, before looking back up and focusing on his cousin. The younger man was bouncing on his heels and Usnavi was feeling sufficiently choked up by the time he could speak.
“You… You look amazing, Sonshine,” he said softly, stepping forward and putting his hands on Sonny’s shoulders. He’d never seen his cousin look so incredibly happy before in the boy’s entire life. “I’m so proud of you. You’re an amazing kid and you’re gonna grow up to be a hell of a man.” A few tears wet his lashes and he tried to blink them away. Sonny was just so happy, damn it, he couldn’t stop them. He was comfortable and happy and practically glowing with excitement. Usnavi was just glad to see him smiling so wide.
Sonny’s smile softened from his face-splitting grin to a smaller but no less happy one as Usnavi spoke. “Thank you, cuz,” he said softly back as he went in for another hug. “Learned from the best. Had you teaching me how to be a man and all that shit I needed.” His arms tightened a little more and Usnavi reciprocates the action.
The next time they go out Sonny wears his new binder. Everyone can tell with the way he holds himself that he’s a bit more confident, a bit more content, a bit more self-assured. Usnavi watches him interact with everyone with a proud smile and doesn’t cry once.
(Which is a total lie. He gets misty-eyed every time someone they’re close to comes along and tells him what a handsome young man Sonny is growing into. He trusts his little cousin to know how to keep a secret, though.)
1. Always do your work when you get it and don’t wait until the last minute. Waiting until the last minute to get work done will sometimes allow you to still get things done by their due date but it leaves little room for studying and reviewing between then and in the end will hurt you on exams.
2. Work alone. The best way to learn new material is to do it on your own and struggle through and figure it out ON YOUR OWN. I wish someone had told me this because I really struggled to catch up in classes this past semester because I would do my homework with friends instead of learning how to do things on my own and it hurt me a lot on exams.
3. Find friends you can study with.You want to be able to be productive if you choose to do a study session. Studying with friends might be okay if you work well together but chances are you’ll get distracted. Find people you work well with to study because you tend to learn more that way. For me, that was people I met in class and at office hours.
4. Please oh, please use office hours This is such a big one that freshman don’t use until the last minute. These are your best bet for getting questions answered if you didn’t understand something in lecture, on your homework, etc. Plus, getting to know your prof is very important because they tend to be more helpful if they see you are working hard in their class and they give good letters of recommendation if you make a good impression on them. If you can’t make their office hours, email them or set up an appointment. It’s very important to have good communication.
5. Sit in the front and ask questions Be the nerd of the lecture by sitting in the front and don’t be afraid to ask a question. However, if its a question that requires a lengthy answer, save it for office hours so you don’t the lecture behind schedule.
6. BUY AND READ THE DARN TEXTBOOK So many people tell you not to buy the textbook if you don’t truly need it for assignments but that is so wrong. You will always need the textbook if it is in the syllabus. Period. Read the chapters BEFORE lecture and review it afterward if material still doesn’t make sense. You will learn so much more and remember so much more in a faster time period than if you don’t read it at all. The book is also extremely important for covering details that won’t be covered in lecture.
1. Meet new and DIFFERENT people instead of people like yourself. These people will show you so many cool new things that you’ll never experience otherwise. Meeting new and different people can be challenging and uncomfortable at first if you’re shy like me but it will make your college experience much more worth it.
2. Join clubs but not too many. Take part in activities and clubs that you enjoy but be careful not to overload yourself. Freshman year you should start off by just trying a few clubs here and there just to see what you like before committing to a lot of anything.
3. Don’t be afraid to say no to alcohol, drugs, and even hanging out. College students say “You do you” and they really mean it. You don’t have to feel pressured to do anything you don’t want to do and no one will judge you for that. If you find “friends” who do judge you, make some new friends. Also, remember that school comes first so if you have a large project to do and your friends want to go out, its ok to say no. Your friends should understand that in college, you really need to get stuff done and that schedule can be different than theirs.
4. Be okay with being alone but completely surrounded by people. You are almost guaranteed to different schedules than your friends so you’ll learn that you’ll often be eating or doing school work alone. This is perfectly normal! Learn to like it because it’s nice to do things on your own. You may feel lonely sometimes but you’re also always surrounded by people. It’s hard to find actual privacy in college especially when you live in the dorms and share a room with a roommate. It will be strange at first but you’ll find the right balance of being along and being with people over time.
Roommates and Dorms
1. “A clean room is a clean mind.” Keeping a clean room will help you to study because you’ll be able to easily find everything you need instead of digging through piles of clothes and other belongings. Dorm rooms are also very small so putting things in their rightful storage places is essential for keeping a tidy room.
2. Study outside of your room as much as you can. If you’re like me, you can distract yourself easily especially when you don’t want to do something (like study). By getting the majority of your work done in the library or somewhere else on campus other than your room, you have less options to distract yourself whereas in your room, you have all your stuff to pick up and lose hours of study time with.
3. Be straightforward with your roommate. If your roommate is doing something that bothers you, tell them clearly right away (politely). Otherwise, they’ll never know and continue to do what is bothering you. In order to avoid arguments, tell them right away very nicely and they should stop. It might be their room too, but you need to make sure that you’re happy as well.
I hope this was helpful. This is only SOME of the tips I could think of for right now but I have tons more tips and advice that I love to share. If you have any questions about these tips or want to know more, feel free to ask.