there’s a lot of stuff about lance’s ethnicity i’ve seen where he’s cuban and stuff but i’m gonna slide in my own headcanons over here where he is … … will smith pose ‘indonesian’ or more exactly, ‘balinese’.
- i’ve seen the picture of lance’s family and i sort of see it as a mixed race family, which leads me to believe lance is mixed.
- lots of people i know who live in bali have parents who are indonesian and foreign (usually from america or from europe or sometimes from east asia).
- lance is probably half indonesian/balinese and half something else (i’m leaning towards american but u know whatever floats ur boat)
- honestly if someone were to put a bunga kamboja in his hair i’d start crying bc he looks so good in it im cry
- bali is an island surrounded by water and it’s people (as well as the majority of indonesia) are deemed as a very hospitable, warm, and open to new people. (proof here
also i live here so)
- which probably explains why lance was chosen by the most accepting lion, and they’re the guardian of water and bali and indonesia in its entirety is surrounded by water.
- i hc that his dad was a pilot for normal planes that carry people from country to country for vacations and stuff (coughs he was a pilot for garuda coughs) and he’d probably bring lance and his family on a lot of plane rides from place to place (lance’s favorite place was probably varadero beach bc lance loves beaches but some beaches in bali are really dirty bc that’s sort of a general thing here in indonesia, we’re working on it)
- okay but consider lance playing soccer everywhere because he used to do that as a kid in the streets of bali asldjfndsaf
- lance, leaving the house with sandals on: guys i’m going to the nearby mosque/temple to do stuff
keith probably or someone else: oh okay see you later
lance, upon returning: (is barefoot) don’t.
other person: what happened
- lance has probably lost his sandals twenty times already and he’s ready to file a fucking lawsuit. (it’s a thing here where apparently you gotta name your sandals when you go to a religious place where you have to take off your shoes or else they’ll be stolen, my uncle has filed a complaint to a nearby police station about this to which the police replied with ‘it’s happened to me fifteen times before’ lmao sometimes even if you do name them they’ll just fucking disappear)
he literally looks like a drawn version of my balinese friend but that’s irrelevant
- when lance swings his hips all i can think of is the traditional balinese dance, also notably the way he moves throughout the entire show reminds me of the traditional balinese dance. (you can see a video of it here, i especially see lance in the baris warrior dance (starts at 2:43 in the video) which ‘depicts the courage of a man going to war’)
like despite the high kicks i can sort of see it aadsfjnladsfn r u sure you’re ready for war lance