On Instagram: Happy weekend everyone!! And hello to all my new friends, nice to meet you all 🤗 Wanted to share a little about me:
1. I’m a full-time blogger over at GirlWithCurves.com, which I started in 2011 to inspire women to 🖤 their curves, regardless of size. I refer to myself as curvy because of my shape, and as you’ll see, lots of my fellow girls with curves around here range in size, but we all identify as being a Girl With Curves 🙌🏼
2. I’m 5’10” with a size US 12 foot, and I fit both standard and plus sizes — typically a size 12/14/XL on top and 16 on bottom. (I always list the sizes I’m wearing in blog posts, but if you have a question about fit, don’t hesitate to ask me)!
3. I’m a Mom of 3 — a 5 month old baby girl named Madina (aka Minnie), a 4 year old boy named Narayan (aka Nyan) and a 5 year old English Bulldog named Kingston (aka Kingy)
4. My maiden name is Ferguson and my married name is Awasthi (Uh-Was-Tea) 👉🏼 contrary to popular belief, I am NOT Indian, my husband is Indian, from New Delhi 😍
5. I’m in my late 30’s and proud of it!☝🏼although I don’t feel a day over 27! 😌😂
6. I’m the oldest of 6 (5 girls and 1 boy) and my parents have been married over 36 years.
7. My parents dealt with major racism as a mixed couple back in the 80s. My Dad is Jamaican, Creole and Native. My mom is European. This makes me 60% Caucasian and 30% African descent (I’ve had my DNA tested)!! .
8. I’m a total loner in real life (I would survive on a deserted island alone, with no problem lol), and was painfully shy growing up. I only have a handful of people I consider great friends in real life, most of which I’ve known since grade school.
9. I have a degree in English from UC Berkeley and I’m a licensed Esthetician. I’m obsessed with skincare because I had acne in my teens and cystic acne in my twenties.
10. I’m based in the SF Bay Area, born and raised #BayAreaGirl! Which means I say “hella” a lot 😎
Lastly, I wholeheartedly love what I do through Girl With Curves and I love connecting with you all through style, beauty, motherhood, body confidence, wellness and all the other topics I cover. I’m here to share, discuss and help, so don’t hesitate to ask me anything! 😘🖤, https://ift.tt/2xBfx3z