“Although I made such a decision, there is absolutely no regret in my skating life. It is a big decision for me, but I take it as a milestone of my life. Moving forward, I will find my new dream and goal, I will keep smiling, and I will keep moving on.” #ThankYouMao
1. No matter how long it takes, and how beaten down you are, refuse to give in, or to relinquish your dream. Just get up one more time and then decide to try again.
2. We all slip up, and encounter obstacles. Just determine to keep going, and to get on track again. It doesn’t mean it’s over. It’s all part of the course.
3. We all need support and encouragement in life – so eliminate the negative, or toxic, influences. You don’t need those people who are quick to criticise, and don’t really help you to move closer to your dream.
4. Surround yourself with people who are similar to you, who have the same ambitions, outlooks and points of view. They’ll help to spur you onwards, and provide support you need.
5. Be inspired by other people who overcame defeat … who built a life from nothing … or turned their life around. Learn from their perseverance, and their will to succeed.
6. Imagine how you’ll feel when you’ve reached the goal you’ve set. Try and picture what you’ll look like, and how your life will be.