• both of them would be nervous, their hearts pounding in their chests like drums, they would just show it differently.
• dan would be all blushes and glances and he would touch his hair a lot, maybe it would get curly from sweat/messing with it.
• phil would be the one to blurt things out, like “oh wow you look really cute tonight,” and “i like your hair like that, i think it’s sexy.” he would be the one to reduce to awkward complements and puns when nervous, while dan just stared at the ground and internally freaked out.
• once they settled in though, it would be fine. dan would actually flirt back, but more in actions than words. dan would be the one to subtly put his hand on phil’s knee or casually curl into his side if they were watching a movie.
• if dan did that, phil would tense up at first, not sure if he should say anything or what he should do. eventually he would put his arms around him or maybe play with a strand of his hair, smiling if dan hummed or made any noise of satisfaction.
• phil would probably do that thing where you walk home/drive the other person, and kiss them outside their door. he would probably scratch the back of his neck while dan watched him sputter, amused. finally he would just blurt it out- “dan, can i kiss you?” or “i’ve really wanted to do something all night…” and dan probably wouldn’t even let him finish, grabbing him by the shirt and pressing their lips together gently.
• their first date would be awkward and there would be far too many puns and innuendos and too much blushing. but they’d definitely want a second one.