I know a lot of pets, especially obscure pets, have difficulty getting into the head space of their species. So here is a list of different activities you can try to help yourself enjoy being the pet that you are. There are a lot of other types of pets out there and some of these activities may repeat, but I am going off of the pet list I made a few months ago. Click here to see the list.
[ * DISCLAIMER: I do not have full knowledge about each of these types of pets, so I am going by research I’ve done and pets that I’ve talked to. Feel free to add your own activities beneath. ]
TIPS FOR ALL PETS:
Make noises. Depending on your species, practice barking, mewing, growling, whinnying, purring, etc. If may feel weird and embarrassing at first, but try to do it little by little until you enjoy it. And if you don’t enjoy it, then don’t do it.
Wear gear. Whether you can afford a little or a lot, gear will help you feel more like the pet you are.
Don’t be embarrassed. I know it’s difficult, especially if you’re just starting off, to do some of these things and act like a pet. But if you enjoy it, then there is no reason to be embarrassed about it. Just start slow and ease yourself into it.
Adapt to your own preferences. The list below is not concrete. You do not have to do the things listed just because they are listed for your species. Example: if you’re a lamb and you see something listed for a ferret and enjoy it, then do it.
TIPS FOR SPECIFIC PETS:
Bat: eat fruit, wear fangs, wrap yourself in a blanket, enjoy the nighttime
Bear: wander around outside, roll around in bed, play with a large ball
Big Cat: climb things, pounce on/stalk toys, practice grooming/hygiene
Bunny: eat veggies/fruit, cuddle someone/something, hide, color
Dragon: go outdoors and collect things, organize collections
Fawn: eat veggies/fruit, go to the woods, bounce around, explore
Ferret: dig through a pile of blankets, hide other’s items, roll around
Fox: play tricks on others, hide in small spaces, go for a run
Kitten: wear a collar, play with toys, practice grooming
Lamb: enjoy physical attention, get “dolled-up”, eat veggies/fruit
Pig: roll around in blankets, minimize movement, enjoy snacks
Pony: run/gallop through the woods, chew on veggies/fruit, head gear
Puppy: chase a ball, chew a toy bone, wrestle with your own dog
Rat: hoard food items, bite/lick others, hide other’s objects for fun
Wolf: chew beef jerky, tear at toys, look after others, brush your hair
PET PLAY: non-sexual activities to do with your ⋆ CANINE ⋆
While I was going through the SFW pet play tag, I realized that it was all dedicated to littles and kittens and I thought to myself “😑😑😑”. So I decided to make a post about non-sexual and SFW activities you can do with your pup, wolf, fox, dog, etc. Please remember that even though canines are not as affectionate as kittens (although pups might be), they need attention as well.
Go for a walk in the woods/around the block
Practice learning different tricks (sit, lie down, fetch, etc.)
Grooming (hair brushing, nail painting, etc.)
Go swimming at the local pool/lake/ocean
Trying on gear
Playing with chew toys
Receiving treats for doing things correctly
Pouncing, jumping, rolling, etc. (foxes especially)
Chewing on beef jerky/roast to get those back molars working
Eating/drinking from a bowl
Wrestling with fellow canines/your owner
“Hunting” for a toy hidden by your owner
Taking photos in your gear/different poses
Playing outside with the hose (spraying your pet is super fun tbh)
Watching TV/a movie together
Playing dress up (pups especially)
Playing with their hair (tying it up, brushing it, etc.)
[ *please remember to be respectful when going out in public, as some people might not be prepared to see whatever it is you’re going to do. Remember that, even though it’s SFW, pet play is still considered a kink, so keep it PG while in the park, the pool, around the neighborhood, etc. ]
A lot of people messaged me asking which animal would best fit them; they’ll describe their personality to me and I try to make my best decision. But I am not the one who can choose for you. You have to choose. Here are some characteristics of different pets to possibly help you narrow down and choose which pet would best fit you. (This list does not have every pet and these are not the only pets you can be. Be whatever you want and do whatever you want; no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.)
• BAT: negative, wants people to fear them, isolated, quirky, loves fruit, independent, “vampire-like”, possibly nocturnal
• BIG CAT: certain, stoic, secretly playful, appearance is important (grooming, stance, etc.), authority, elegance, sleek, seduction
• BUNNY: very cuddly, oral fixation, likes to hide under and paw at things, very childish, daydreamer, emotional, ditzy, headbutts others as a form of communication, needs attention
• DRAGON: asks for a lot, is not to be commanded, prideful, doesn’t like collars/restraints, headstrong, stubborn, protective, collects/hoards things
• FAWN: timid, shy, playful, adventurous, silly, klutzy, wary, enjoys being outdoors, better with an owner
• FERRET: fun, bouncy, can annoy others for amusement, equally active and lazy, likes to dig, hides things
• FOX: clever, playful, tricksters, doesn’t mind being around others, curious, fast, enjoys being in small spaces, excitable
• KITTEN: incredibly cuddly most of the time, will occasionally need space, very playful, needs a lot of petting, could get along without an owner but doesn’t want to, lazy with weird bouts of energy, likes to play hunt and pounce, likes toys
• PIG: loves to be coddled, sticks close to others, loves being given snacks, minimizes movement
• PONY: strong, proud, a little bit skittish, gentle, wants to work with others, curious, likes to have a job/responsibility, likes learning, curious
• PUPPY: playful, energetic, enjoys company, affectionate, enjoys physical contact, silly, plays with toys, curious, immature, better with an owner, loyal
• RAT: can be aggressive/feral or friendly and loving, greedy with food/items, likes to test bite/lick their owner, loves on and sleeps on others
• WOLF: independent but uses their pack for safety and comfort, strong, reserved initially, observant, grown-up, smart, self-sufficient, can get along without an owner, follows instincts, pack-mentality
why antis always wanna bring wolf into their anti-exo arguments when that song literally showcases some of exo’s best high notes ive heard in a title track? like sorry exo r talented and have great voices??