people feeling good about themselves. all those cute faces all over the dash and people being nice to each other. realizing how genuinely beautiful, in every sense of the world, people are on here. seeing how some are super confident and some feel kinda insecure but we all get to share this, seeing all those smiles or bomb-ass contouring or cute outfits or amazing hair or eyebrows that are so on fleek they make you want to drop to your knees… beautiful boys, beautiful girls, beautiful transgender people, beautiful people from all ethnicities. people celebrating their religion or families or culture. people celebrating themselves. the confidence boosts…. i fckn LOVE munday i love all of your faces my dash is a freaking masterpiece right now and i want all of those pictures in the MoMa.
[Caption: A Facebook post from a person named Grace Ann.
I just commented this on a transphobic post that was all like, “In a sexual species, females have two X chromosomes and males have an X and a Y, I’m not a bigot it’s just science, waaah waah.” But then I was kinda proud of it so I decided to share.
First of all, in a sexual species, you can have females be XX and males be X (insects), you can have females be ZW and males be ZZ (birds), you can have females be females because they developed in a warm environment and males be males because they developed in a cool environment (reptiles), you can have females be females because they lost a penis sword fighting contest (some flatworms), you can have males be males because they were born female, but changed sexes because the only male in their group died (parrotfish and clownfish), you can have males look and act like females because they are trying to get close enough to actual females to mate with them (cuttlefish, bluegills, others), or you can be one of thousands of sexes (slime mold, some mushrooms.) Oh, did you mean humans? Oh ok then. You can be male because you were born female, but you have 5-alphareductase deficiency and so you grew a penis at age 12. You can be female because you have an X and a Y chromosome but you are insensitive to androgens, and so you have a female body. You can be female because you have an X and a Y chromosome but your Y is missing the SRY gene, and so you have a female body. You can be male because you have two X chromosomes, but one of your X’s HAS an SRY gene, and so you have a male body. You can be male because you have two X chromosomes- but also a Y. You can be female because you have only one X chromosome at all. And you can be male because you have two X chromosomes, but your heart and brain are male. And vice - effing - versa. Don’t use science to justify your bigotry. The world is way too weird for that shit.]
P.S. TERFs, don’t bother. You’ll get no response, just a block.
Hey to all those people telling people “ it’s not so bad, just power through the cramps” when they're on their period because it’s not an excuse to miss school/work etc.!
I had bad cramps today, but I tried to “power through it” and went to class anyways, even though my grandmother had to drive me because I couldn’t walk to the bus.
I tried to “power through it” when I started to feel like I was going to throw up in the middle of my lecture, leaving to take a walk outside in the cold to try and clear my head, even though walking made my right side feel as though it was being ripped in two.
I tried to “power through it” when I started getting cold sweat all over my body, taking off my sweater and then putting it back on two seconds later because my body couldn’t decide if it was hot or cold.
I tried to “power through it” when spots started to appear in my vision, and just kept walking towards the exit.
I tried to “power through it” when I started to dry heave, and started walking faster.
I tried to “power through it” when my ears started ringing and the spots took over my vision and I was so so hot but shivering and my side felt on fire and twisted into knots and stabbed all at once.
I tried to power through it to the point where I collapsed in the middle of my college hallway. A stranger brought me to Outreach Services, where I lay on the floor, vomiting, for an hour until somebody could pick me up and take me home.
The school paramedics told me that I had passed out because I put too much stress on my already taxed body. My body was taxed because of hormonal fluctuations and blood loss aka my period.
Nothing like this has ever happened to me before. In the past when I’ve had cramps like this, I’ve stayed in bed and eaten strawberries and watched MASH all day.
So don’t you DARE tell me that you should “power through the cramps and do it anyways”. Powering through made me pass out. Powering through made me have to be wheeled out of the school in a wheelchair because I couldn’t keep my balance to walk. Powering through made my grandmother with osteoporosis and a tendency to panic have to come pick me up from school and help me up the stairs and almost break her hip when I started to collapse backwards on the front steps. Powering through made my 13 year old brother have to supervise me while I took a bath because I was afraid I would pass out and drown (he was super sweet about it actually; we closed the curtain and he read me Voyage of the Dawn Treader). Powering through made my mother who works to support our family pretty much on her own have to take time off work to come home and make sure I was okay.
In conclusion; If someone feels crappy because of their period cramps, leave them alone. Don’t make them do things anyways, because you might make it worse. And definitely don’t make them feel bad for not wanting to do things because of cramps; that’s the reason I even got out of bed this morning. Be nice to people on their period. Possibly buy them chocolate or painkillers. Nut don’t make them do things when they have cramps, and definitely don’t tell them “it’s nothing, power through” because cramps? Cramps can be one of the worst things you could possibly imagine.
"Men want objects. Women want PEOPLE." You REALLY need to stop hanging out within your confirmation bias bubble man. It's starting to like seriously fuck with your objectivity. If you can't see how sexist generalizing all men as being assholes while saying all women are decent and morally superior, you've seriously lost yourself. You need to take some time to think (I'm legitimately worried here, this is not trolling, I'm seriously concerned for your mental well being).
You do realize that I’m a cis man, right? And that I reblogged that post from another cis man? Why is it that we can read something like that and fully comprehend that this wasn’t about us and you can’t?
That being said: my mental well-being is not at stake, fear not.
Duder, if you honestly believe that I’m of the mindset that ANY particular brand of person is better than another you probably have not actually held a conversation with me. We can change that, though! My askbox is open if you’d like to something other than put me on blast! Feel free to hit me up! or if you really feel threatened the “Unfollow” button is but a point-and-click away!
The cool thing about the moon is that it’s always there. For subtle magic, all you have to do is combine a mundane task and the moon phase you’re doing it on. Shaving is perfect for this because it’s already a ritual of its own.
Since the waxing moon precedes the full moon, it’s good for new beginnings and spells to draw something toward you. Shaving during this phase is good for wiping the slate clean to welcome new things into your life. After shaving, follow up with a salt scrub that matches your intent.
Basic Salt Scrub Recipe
1 cup sea or epsom salt
¼ cup olive oil
5-10 drops essential oil (optional)
Combine the salt and oil in a bowl. Olive oil is a good starter oil that many people already have, but coconut or grapeseed also works. More or less oil may be needed depending on the consistency you prefer.
The essential oils you use change depending on what you want to draw. Lavender is anti-anxiety and helps encourage calm. Patchouli is good for prosperity. Spearmint brings clarity and energizes.
Store in a jar or container of your choice. Unless you add a preservative, and leftovers will need to be refrigerated.
Remember!Bacteria can grow in unpreserved scrubs, even if it looks and smells fine. This makes the scrub less effective and can be bad for your health. If you know you can’t preserve it, lessen wasted product by only making as much as you need for a single use.
🌕 Full Moon
The full moon is, of course, the fullest phase of the moon. This phase is good for major charging and energizing. Because I have issues with chronic pain, I shave during the full moon to draw energy and discourage extremely low spoon days. Now is the time to plan and draw all the good things into your life. Shaving during this phase gets rid of old situations and makes room for new growth.
For a Full Moon Scrub, you can take the previous recipe and add a tablespoon of milk (I use powdered because no one in my house drinks milk) for chemical exfoliation and a few heaping spoonfuls of honey to moisturize and soften your skin. Both are also good for promoting bounty in whatever you wish to fill your life with.
The waning moon occurs as the full moon leaves, so it’s good for magic to banish or push things away. Shaving helps cast off whatever is bothering you as you cut through the hair. As you rinse your razor, also rinse away your problems. This is especially good if you haven’t shaved in a while as a result of depression or other issues.
Coffee grounds are a perfect addition to a banishing bath scrub because they banish old situations while also energizing you to move forward. Substitute a portion of the salt in the salt scrub recipe for coffee grounds and add in more salt, coffee, or oil as needed. This is also a good way to recycle grounds from the morning’s coffee.
🌑 New Moon
The new moon is great for when you need a spiritual and emotional deep clean. It’s like shaving during the waning moon, but amplified. You’re not only banishing your problems, but scrubbing the affected area clean of its influence. It’s also good for incurring drastic change in the form of loss. While loss sounds negative, it can include things like getting rid of bad habits or “losing” the funk you’ve been stuck in.
For a Deep Clean scrub, mix a teaspoon of charcoal, a spoonful of lemon juice, and a tablespoon of freshly grated ginger into the salt scrub recipe. Because ginger is warming, you’ll want to add in a small amount at a time and test the mixture on your skin to make sure you don’t go overboard.
IMPORTANT: Some essential oils can interact with medications or physical conditions. Please do you’re own research beforehand to make sure a recipe will give you no reactions. Always do a test patch before applying a new recipe to your body. These recipes are from personal experience, but I’m not a doctor so please don’t assume because it works for me it will be fine for you.
(1) Hi Viria, I hope you are well :) I am sorry to bother you with this, but it's really important for me, and I wanted to share it with you. It'll be long and kinda sad at first, but it gets better, trust me. I'm a 23 y/o latina art student. When I was a baby, my mom left my dad and remarried, and my little sister was born when I was 10. She is the light of my life and I love her to no end. Our mom, however, had had and undiagnosed and untreated mental illness for years, and one day
(2) during a severe crisis she hurt us really bad. I was 12. She was taken away to a psychiatric hospital and Child Services prohibited her from ever getting near us again. Since then, I have been taking care of my little sister and practically raised her while my stepdad worked 2-3 shifts to afford our education and payment for my mom’s hospital, living and meds. He was always working and I took full responsibility for my sis. As you can imagine, even though I loved her with my life,
(3) the situation was very stressful and exhausting for me. By the time I was 15, I looked every bit a teen mom. One particularly hard night when my little sis had been crying about mom, I couldn’t sleep. So I turned to something that calmed me: the Harry Potter books. I read them online, and somehow ended up searching for HP fanart. That was the night I stumbled upon your DA account. And boy, did I love it! I know back in 2011 your skills weren’t what they are now,
(4) but I was blown away, and what’s more, I felt inspired to draw. I had never tried to make any art before; it wasn’t “my thing”. But that night, you inspired me. As time went by I kept drawing and closely followed your improvements. Your art was so relaxing, calming, and inspiring, that it really helped me during hard times. You kinda dragged me into all the cool fandoms, series and animes, and I found life to be far more bearable with so many awesome things to love and think about.
(5) Your DA and Tumblr were some sort of safe sapce for me. It always cheered me up and gave me joy, peace, inspiration. When the time came, I choose to study Art at college. It turned out you did too, and you kept up all the good stuff in your blogs. Weirdly enough, I kept feeling a sense of pride whenever you improved and got better. I was so strange that you were so so far away and didn’t even know I existed but you helped me so much.
(6) I got accepted at my country’s top University to study Fine Arts; I moved cities and took my sister with me; she grew into a wonderful, sensible, peaceful child, and her presence motivated me to be the best version of myself, while your art motivated me to keep expanding my academic/artistic abilities. Life was hard but good at college, and I had incredible opportunities. I am graduating this spring with an advanced studies specialization, and was recently hired to work at
(7) of a movie. It’s like living a dream. And tonight, just a couple hours ago, the most incredible thing happened. After dinner, my little sis came to me, phone in hand, and said “Hey Ana, you won’t believe what I found. There’s this girl who makes amazing art of all the fandoms you’re in. Her drawings are gorgeous and she has so many!”. She showed me your tumblr. I wanted to laugh and cry. She was amazed when she saw your old drawings and your current ones; speechless.
(8) She fell in love, and you know what? Immediatly after, she went to draw. She’s been doing so the past hours. I know this was offensively long, but Viria, I needed to thank you for what you did. Your art has always been SO much more than just digital drawings of fictional characters. It’s been the source of peace, safety and joy that so many of us crave. You have wonderfully impacted and influenced many people across the world with everything you make.
(9) I am so glad you exist and do what you do; you gave me the hobby that grew into my passion, thaught me so much, inspired me beyond belief and most of all, you helped make life more bearable. And now, you have made the same for my sister. Viria, the world wouldn’t be the same without you. You are truly a magnificent light among us, and for your existence and passion I’ll be forever grateful. Thank you, and may you always live the beautiful, happy, awesome life you deserve. Thank you.
I’m not even kidding I was sitting here peacefully chewing sandwich and by the end of these messages the sandwich was too salty so was my cappuccino I swear you got me to tears and now i’m just like
I’m a shaking emotional leaf but thank you so much for writing me! It means so much and i’m so touched and i just wish you and your sister all the best of luck, though it seems like you don’t really need it. Thank you, and I hope life goes wonderfully for you and your family!
Hello Bendy! What's your favorite thing to do? (I've never asked a question on a ask blog before so sorry if this question is kinda boring)
B: i only like you for your alcohol MM: so… you still like me. B: Piss off.
(FUN FACT: Back in the good ol’ mafia days, if a gang wanted control over a business they would ask for half or more of the entire profit, bleed the business dry, and burn the place down if/when they went bankrupt. If the business owner did not comply to begin with, they would go after the owners family and torture/kill them, and if THAT didn’t go through to the owner, they would be assassinated. Or “whacked” as they liked to put it lmao. But the thing that Moon Man and Bendy have goin on is sort of a special case. -Mod Moon Man)