Overall thoughts on the finale
I believe my feelings can be summed up in one gif:
- Just watching the ‘previously on’ segment has me nervous.
- Oh, god, we’re starting in the hospital with
flickering lights. That’s probably not a good sign.
- And we’re staring with Liam. Definitely not a good sign. And did his hair actually get worse? I think it got worse.
Okay, so, they’re actually in nowheresville/alternate dimension? But why does nowheresville now have a replica hospital instead of just being a train station?
- Still not over the fact that they named a town
- …so…wait…Liam is still actually in Beacon Hills? Why are the signs there? I’m less than 2 minutes in and already confused as fuck haha.
- “LYDIA” Stiles!”
- “SHERIFF: Give the boy some room!” So the ghost riders just let people come with their weapons lmao? And sheriff is dumb enough to shoot up
into a crowd? And can people actually get hurt here in nowheresville? Like, if
sheriff just straight up started shooting right now, what would even happen? The people were already erased from reality, can they even get hurt?
- Also, how long was sheriff in there? Because, like, back in 6x05 when new people got dropped off, the ghost riders legitimately dropped them off right in front of everyone else, they didn’t just inconspicuously materialize. So, given that logic, sheriff’s been there at least a hot minute and, yet, he didn’t automatically go to Stiles? It’s not like Stiles was hard to find, he was standing off to the side all by himself? Or why didn’t Stiles notice him arrive? Maybe this was explained in another episode, but I kinda doubt it, so:
- As much
as I love Stilinski family moments, I’m still bitter as fuck over the fact that
Stiles wasn’t worrying about his father this whole damn time.
- Well, that nice moment lasted all of 2 seconds before
getting shot down by stydia baiting.
- “SHERIFF: We’ll find each other again.” What the fuck even? Can’t let Stiles relationship with his own fucking father encroach on the stydia?
- “SHERIFF: I’ll hold them back.” literally how the fuck? True alpha scott and his pack couldn’t do that, but human sheriff can? How? We already know guns don’t work against them?
- Okay this is all ridiculous and I’m in pain, but
damn Dylan looks good
- “LYDIA: When I kissed you!” …did they kiss again?
Somehow? Like through a mirror portal or some shit? Did I fucking miss it? Or are they
talking about when she slammed her mouth on his back in 3a? Because I swear to fucking god if they’re suddenly playing
that her stopping his panic attack was
because she has feelings for him….
- Look how awkward her hand is:
She looks like ET
- And seriously I’m seeing nothing but:
- Posey is me while watching this:
- “MALIA: We didn’t see anyone.” Okay, so, one I’m really
over this whole ‘only Lydia has any connection with Stiles shit’ as if
Scott wouldn’t and the credits haven’t even rolled yet. Like, unless it’s because she’s a banshee, they can miss me with this bullshit. Two, why does Malia answer for other people? Like
how could she know what Scott saw? Three, get out of here with this scalia. I
can feel it coming.
So Stiles canonically has a stronger bond with his jeep than he does with Lydia, Scott, or Malia? I’m here for it. #stoscoe
- Question: how the fuck did Stiles make it through without being burned to death?
- …how are the credits just now rolling? I feel like I just sat through a half hour of bullshit and it hasn’t even been 5 minutes.
- Whoa, his hair did get worse:
He looks like a wet dog. I guess that’s fitting.
- Seriously? They just wrote Scott out of that scene because Liam doesn’t know how to use his words? So they could go full throttle with the stydia bullshit with a stalia love triangle that is literally seasons too late?
- Aw, but Stiles still goes to Scott’s house first. That’s how it should always be. Why they gotta play at this dumbass ship baiting when they could focus on their friendship instead?
- Still not over the fact that they change what the McCall house looks like in every season haha.
- Why would Stiles even go to the station? He knows his dad is missing? Who is he looking for? It’s not like Beacon Hills Sheriff’s Department has ever been any help to him lmao
- And a radio? Why is he not just, y’know, getting a fucking phone and calling people?
- And if the whole town is gone, why didn’t we see any of those people in the station when we saw sheriff?
- Okay, how do they know Stiles actually made it out into the real world? Like, I get that Lydia says she saw him, but when he didn’t just walk through that tunnel thingy, why would they assume that this means he made it into their world? Wouldn’t the logical conclusion be that it didn’t work and he’s still stuck in nowheresville?
- “MALIA: Stiles isn’t coming here. If he was, he would have. And he hasn’t, so he’s not.” First of all, what the fuck kind of logic? How long has it even been? 20 minutes? Chill the fuck out. Second, if they all think Stiles is out running around, why the fuck wouldn’t they automatically all split up and go to the places they think he would go? Like, y’know, his home, or Scott’s home, or the sheriff’s station? Third, I hate when this show makes it to where Lydia has-an-IQ-of-170 Martin is dumb as a fucking rock while Malia spent-the-better-part-of-a-decade-licking-her-own-ass-in-the-woods Tate is somehow the only with a goddamn brain.
- Okay, so the two worlds are converging…what’s the point of this?
- Oh god, not this fuck again:
- Oh sweet baby jesus:
I got a whole list for this one:
- Stop trying to put these two together, Teen Wolf. They ain’t friends and Lydia doesn’t deserve this.
- Why are they staring at the tread marks when obviously the JEEP IS FUCKING GONE. LIKE, IS THAT NOT A BIG ENOUGH CLUE?
- And wouldn’t they have been keeping tabs on the jeep during this whole ordeal? So they should know it had to have been moved recently?
- Is Lydia fucking Scooby Doo? She gonna sniff that tire mark? The fuck she doing on the ground like that?
- I am not fucking here for a Malia and Lydia scene to be paralleling Stiles and Derek:
- And how can Malia suddenly not smell him?
- And what in the absolute fuck is Malia wearing:
Why is that shirt so fucking long? And look at those boots. Why does wardrobe hate her
- “MALIA: Well, half the time he got it started with a screwdriver.”
I get so mad when they act like Malia would be the only one to know this and not Lydia. Lydia’s been around Stiles and that damn jeep way before Malia was even a thing.
- A+ cinematography:
- Parrish is evil now? Or just controlled? Boy, they’ll literally do anything to force stydia in this episode, won’t they lmao?
- “NAZI: And I’ll have a true alpha by my side.” Lmao as if that’s a selling point by now. Scott never does shit because they’re too busy trying to make Malia and Liam special.
- All I’m getting from this scene is that even after spending fuck knows how long in nowheresville, Stiles is still the only competent one and he accomplishes more in the short time he’s been back than all of them have in months lmao. Like, did he essentially save himself? And then he found them? And then he’s probably gonna be the one to save the town
- Watching that sciles hug, man, I started out like:
…then came the weird back patting…
…and then they completely destroyed it with Liam and a cheap attempt at getting a laugh
- Oh my good god:
- I cannot:
- “MALIA: Why is there a train station in the middle of the library?” Is this line supposed to be funny? Teen Wolf, making the character you just tried to play off as intelligent suddenly mentally challenged is just confusing, not amusing. ·
- “MALIA: Any chance they’re connected?” What the fuck. No one is that goddamn stupid
- “MALIA: ITS’ BAD WE HAVE TO GO!” Literally what I am saying to myself as I watch Shelley’s attempt at acting in this scene.
- “LYDIA: Maybe there’s someone who can.” It better not be…
- Aw fuck I managed to get forget about Mason and Hayden until this point.
- Look at Mason in that shirt:
The transformation into Stiles 2.0 is complete, I see.
- Now there are 57 rooms in the train station? What the fuck
- Is that Randall on the train’s pa system? Why?
- And how does Mason always know where Randall is? Is Mason supernatural or is this show just stupid? I’m guessing stupid.
- “STILES: Okay, if they don’t let me graduate, I swear to god!” Oh, I’m sure they will. Makes as much sense as anything else in this damn show. I foresee a painful scene with Natalie in this episode’s future. And I guess we know how they’re writing Stiles/Dylan off. Love how the dropped this just 11 minutes into the finale. Do I even need to keep watching now? He’s clearly gonna graduate and go off to college or maybe the academy·
- And, wait, he was gone for 3 months? Like, I know they’re doing that so graduation can happen, but there was a 3 month time jump since season 5 which put us at January. Now it’s been another three months so they’re at March, maybe April if the show wants to push it. But they’re acting like graduation is happening right away? So either Teen Wolf fucked up their timeline again which would not be a surprise or there’s going to be a time jump of at least a month in this episode? I don’t know which option is worse…
- How can they just grab Parrish when he’s on fire? Werewolves aren’t fire proof? At all? Like the show is pretty heavily based in werewolves not being fire resistant *cough * the Hales *cough* I mean, how many fucking time have they burned Peter now?
- And Liam screaming? Is this supposed to be funny because I’m too distracted by the fact that they are completely unharmed and their clothes aren’t even singed to remember to laugh.
- I’m still not over Parrish’s magical modesty shorts lmao
- “STILES: Buddy, I love you, but we’re way past that.”
- He wants the supernatural army in their world? Okay, but, like, wasn’t it already?
- You can divert it? They’re just gonna be like, ‘well, fuck the town to the left of us’ lmao?
- So now there’s a complete other world? Fuck this plot, man haha.
- “LIAM: We can’t move between worlds, but Corey can!”
Deus ex Randall strikes again. And I swear to fucking god they straight up yanked his plot right out of monster’s inc. I’m predicting that someone is gonna end up banished in the Himalayas at the end of this episode.
- Why can’t anyone run like a normal fucking person on this show?
- “STILES: Were we like that?” “SCOTT: Worse.” I love when this show tries to play that angle and make it seem like the newbies are how the originals were. No. Nobody in the first three seasons was ever that terribly written and illogical.
- “SCOTT: You wanna split up?” “STILES: Never again.” All right, you know I’m a sucker for some sciles, but does Scott never learn?
- If they’re going to insist on all having all of these shots of Liam running I am going to have to insist that someone teaches Sprayberry how to run without looking like he just shit himself and is trying to hobble to a bathroom.
- “LIAM: I hate horses.”
Next season they’re bringing in a chick that’s part horse and Liam’s gonna fuck it, calling it now.
- Aw fuck what happened to Theo’s hair:
Why is Liam’s bad hair contagious?
- He just jumped off a balcony onto a horse. His poor dick.
- “MALIA: Dad.”
Seriously, Lydia has a stronger connection to Peter in canon than Malia does or ever realistically can at this point.
- “MASON: I know his smile, I know his touch, and I know that that’s his voice.” Lmao I know they’re trying to do some progressive ‘look at our adorable gay romance’ moment here, but a voice is way more distinguishable than anything he just said.
- Oh and now Mason is having the same wires/PA system moment that Stiles had in 6x05. You’re so fucking sly, Teen Wolf.
- And now a slow motion kiss.
- “HAYDEN: When’d you learn how to ride a horse?” “LIAM: Just now.” These lines aren’t funny, Teen Wolf. And is that really the first fucking question Hayden is gonna ask? Not ‘what the fuck are you doing here?’ Or ‘are you fucking crazy?’ Or ‘Did you stop the ghost riders?’
- As if Stiles is the one who would ever think something could be that easy. That’s Scott’s M.O.
- “PETER: Where do you get this implausible optimism?” “MALIA: Definitely not from my father.” “LYDIA: We don’t have time for this!” No, we really fucking don’t and yet you continue to waste it on this bullshit daddy/daughter relationship that is apropos of nothing. Knock it the fuck off.
- “STILES: I finally saw the girl’s locker room. It’s not that different. It’s kind of disappointing.” All right, I’ll give you that one, Teen Wolf. That line was actually pretty funny….except you really telling me all those nights spent in the school and he never went in the girls locker room?
How many times have they done this shot this season?
- How are Peter’s claws going through the ghost riders now? Like now they suddenly don’t have a corporeal form?
- Seriously, Teen Wolf:
- *Malia gets hurt* ..me:
- And now Peter is screaming for Malia because he’s oh so concerned about what should realistically be a minor injury. This seems like a good place to stop.
I’ll get to the second half soon.