things i learnt in 2015:
1. The saying ‘once a cheat always a cheat’ exists for a reason.
2.It’s a lie, he’ll do it again.
3. If you put a plaster over broken glass it does not fix it. This is in the same way sorry does not erase the mistake.
4. Be careful with your words, once said they can only be forgiven and not forgotten.
5. Mindset means everything. If you tell yourself it’s gonna be a bad day it will. The way you think changes it all.
6. A second chance is enough. Any more and you begin to look like a mug. Realise if they’ve hurt you once, and twice, they will definitely do it again.
7. Take note of the things people say when you’re not on good terms with them. The words they say have been on their mind for a while.
8. If somebody says you have hurt them, you don’t get to decide you didn’t, regardless of whether you think you are wrong or not.
9. If he only texts you when he’s horny, he’s a fuckboy.
10. If he doesn’t let you on his phone there’s something wrong.
11.Flirting is cheating.
12. When relationships end people always end up getting with the people they previously told you not to worry about.
13. Trust your gut instinct. Always trust your gut instinct. If something feels off, it probably is.
14. Music is the answer to everything.
15. If nothing is going right, go to sleep.
16. Nothing good ever happens after 2am.
17. If he only ever texts you on snapchat, he’s a fuckboy.
18. Lesbian and gay relationships can be abusive too.
19. A good bubble bath will make life feel better.
20. It doesn’t matter how much you revise, if you don’t get an equal balance of relaxation you will never do well.
21. TV makes taking drugs look cool for a reason. Addiction is not fun.
22. Friendships will always last longer than relationships, the boy is for now but sisterhood is forever.
23. Don’t trust a man that can lie to his mother.
24. Spend time with your mother.
25. If your friends or family don’t like your partner there is probably a reason why.
26. Sexual assault doesn’t have to be rape. And it can happen in schools too. The guy in your art class that pinches your bum when you walk past, the boy in french that always strokes your thighs under the table even when you say stop, the boy at the shops that keeps trying to kiss you even when you push away, it’s all sexual assault and it is all arrestable.
27. No means NO.
28. When you send a text or a picture it is no longer in your hands. Even if he says he won’t show anybody. Even if you know he won’t. Sending dirty pictures under 16 is classified as creation of child pornography. The cheeky picture of you in your new bra could get you on the sex offenders list.
29. People lie. Pay attention to their actions, that’s where you’ll really find out their intentions. If they seem like they don’t care, they probably don’t.
30. Never settle for okay. Never live with something because you think you can’t do better. An upgrade doesn’t always mean someone who’s taller, fitter and better looking. Sometimes it just means finding someone who treats you like a Queen instead of a princess.
31. It doesn’t have to be a new year for it to be a new you.