Dorian’s and Tamlen’s first kiss for Dorianmance Week 2017 <3
Just look at how they look at each other, it makes my heart melt. It’s the first kiss and there’s so much love and adoration in their expressions. For being “just” a video game character Dorian has a lot of qualities, but in my opinion he has one of the best set of facial animations and expressions, realistic and also subtle and full of emotion. It’s just one of many things that make him and his romance feel so real.
The romance isn’t your typically teeth-rottingly sweet and adorable fairytale-type story, but it’s one of the reasons why I adore it so. It’s lighthearted and playful, especially in the beginning, but also in a lot of the smaller moments in between, including the banter. On the other hand it also has these heavy and heartbreaking moments, going hand in hand with deep and loving conversations and scenes as well as the more fun ones. I’m not very good at putting it into words, but you can watch the relationship grow deeper over time in such a wonderful way. Dorian not hoping for more at first, being reluctant for a long time, not quite sure how to express how he feels and hiding a bit behind his wonderful snark - all part of his upbringing and background. But he changes, not always visibly at first, but he gets so much more happy. So happy and proud and firm at the side of the Inquisitor. “You’re terribly dull and I hate you” versus “You’re the man that I love, Amatus, nothing can truly keep us apart”. From almost secret stolen kisses in his alcove in the library to both a public, playful greeting kiss and also a long, deep, and probably not very easy goodbye kiss.
The reasons why I particularly picked this scene though out of the whole romance are many. It’s the first kiss of a lot more to come. It perfectly sums up their relationship to me, playfulness following a reather serious moment, then turning into something sweet with a slight twist of reluctance. I love how Dorian’s reluctance is visible especially through his body language, first keeping a bit of distance to the Inquisitor before turning towards him and kissing him. But then there’s also this different kind of reluctance to let Tamlen’s arm go after the kiss. This is what he wants, and it’s so, so hard to let go, now that the first hurdle is behind him. Then he slowly walks away after one last glance and another playful line, maybe a bit doubtful about whether the kiss was too daring, maybe hoping that he didn’t ruin anything now. Maybe also wondering “what am I doing here?” when thinking about what people might say about the Tevinter mage cosying up to the Inquisitor. Tamlen on the other hand is probably just surprised at first, but keeps his eyes closed for a few more moments after the kiss, which is just one of my absolute favourite things a character could do. Hoping that the moment might last a little while longer, because he’d been waiting for so long, because you just don’t want a perfect moment like that to be over. Because during the kiss it was just the two of them and nothing else mattered.
It’s one of my favourite scenes in the game… and in my first playthrough I didn’t even get it. I didn’t want to miss anything, and I was impatient and went for the first kiss right after “Last Resort of Good Men”. I love it for its own reasons - but this one I love even more. The patience and not going for the other kiss, waiting a bit longer and letting Dorian take the first step absolutely paid off once I knew it was an option. I think if I’d have to sum up the romance with one word it would be “patience”. By being patient with each other, loving, giving each other time, listening, being there and supportive of one another - that’s what these two nerds have, and I’m so happy for them, because it’s what great love stories are about.
When Clarke pulls the lever thinking of Bellamy (in 3.16) - Bellamy is being strangled by chipped!Kane. But Clarke pulls the lever thus killing the chip code, freeing Kane and saving Bellamy. Bellamy was protecting Clarke’s body from the chipped and, in the end, Clarke is saving Bellamy’s body too.
can you imagine. Library au
Keith and hunk work in receiving, processing new shipments/donations and putting books back from the dropoff chute. Pidge is IT support for the library and keeps the servers secure and lightning fast and definitely doesn’t spy on people with her network. Shiro and lance are the receptionists bc Lance thought it would be a good way to meet some smokin bodies and shiro just really loves books okay. Coran owns the building and Allura manages it and takes down all the mouse traps Coran puts up because “they’ve never chewed anything or pooped on the books, Coran!"
And there are the usual library shenanigans including but not limited to
- a closet full of books. no context it’s just there and Coran wants it to stay.
- squirrels sneaking in through the dropoff chute when the weather gets colder
- hunk and keith hunting the squirrels bc they’re not always busy
- hunk wanting to be humane only and Keith slowly putting his knife away
- Keith this is a library why do you have a knife
- *squints into the horizon like a war veteran* squirrels
- pidge suggesting that the mice are helping the squirrels
- keith’s war against rodents begins and Allura scrambles to set up cozy hiding spots for them all just out of Keith’s reach
- and then he finds his pistachios MISSING and his pear has been nibbled upon and he mc freaking loses it
- shiro puts this sign up on the dropoff chute very quietly and kindly and he just kind of puffs up knowing that he’s done a Good Deed
- people start obeying the sign and Lance leaves the front doors open so he can hear it every single time it happens. He has a tally chart.
- the chute opens one day without anyone shouting down it and Keith runs upstairs and looks around "did you see any squirrels ma'am"
- Lance is dying bc it was him.
- klance makeouts between the bookshelves
- the dudes from the computer repair shop next door coming in and asking if any of the webcams in the library had mysteriously turned on too
- pidge is a good liar bc obviously she was behind it.
- hunk and allura putting food for the squirrels on the roof in an attempt to keep them safe from Keith
- hunk and allura realizing that the squirrels are determined, suicidal little shits and so they just put food in the corner of the library or up on the highest bookshelves and hope that their tails will do the dusting for them
- shiro sighing at literally everything as he hand feeds the squirrels
- is he Snow White like how does he do that
- Keith’s Betrayed Face when he sees shiro schmoozing the squirrels
- *whispers* I thought you loved me
- shiro rolling his eyes so hard he goes and joins a bowling league
- the dudes from the computer repair shop coming back AGAIN and asking if show tunes had started playing in the library
- pidge must physically remove herself from their presence bc she’s trying very hard not to cackle like an overlord
- Keith brings in a CAT
- allura is horrified and literally clutches her chest
- Lance falls in love with the cat, feeds it treats and snacks and gives it lazy toys until it gets ULTRA FAT
- Keith comes to the conclusion that his bf sabotaged his cat plan on purpose and cuts off the nookie supply for a month
- worst month of everyone’s lives tbh
- hunk begs Keith to please just fuck Lance again
- a hanjo in the Scientology section at the very least please please please
- pidge and shiro end up stuck in the weird book closet somehow
- shiro COULD break down the door but that’s just a lot of work
- why break things when you could have a book fight
- they throw a couple hundred paperbacks at each other for 20 minutes
- pidge builds a throne of books and rules her domicile (400 books and shiro) with cunning and dignity
- until shiro slaps her in the face with a copy of pride and prejudice and the war begins anew
- the library has like three floors and everyone knows to stay out of the left wing of the third floor during lunch breaks bc Lance and Keith honestly don’t care if u see their butts they will not stop
- shiro or hunk lifting pidge onto their shoulders to put more food on the shelves for the squirrels
- the general populace of the town not being weirded out by any of the shenanigans in the library
- it’s just another beautiful day in mr Roger’s neighbourhood for them
- Keith runs by them with a knife in his teeth and a net in his hands? Totally normal