A man enters an office supply store. He was a mere mortal seconds before, but as he passes through the door he becomes a customer. His superior gaze drifts across his domain and settles on the cashier.
“Do you sell stamps?” he asks.
“Yes,” I say,” However-”
“I want one.”
“However, we sell them only in sets of ten.”
“But I want one.”
“I’m sorry, Sir, but I can’t sell you a single stamp.”
“Can’t you just…” He (skillfully) mimicks the act of ripping apart paper.
Clearly, I have never thought of this. My simple mind grapples with the idea. I realize I am dealing with a genius, and yet, I regretfully inform him, “Sorry. They come on stickersheets, and anyways, the barcode–”
“Well that’s just rubbish,” he informs me. He is right. I realize this now. His genius ignites a spark within me.
“You are right,” I tell him as I take fifteen sheets of stamps into my hands and begin to tear them apart. I type 0,019 stamps and press a non-existent key on the register. I hold out a quarter of a stamp to the customer (with a smile), but he shakes his head (without a smile). I rip apart all the stamps I can find, desperate to please him, for he has gifted this humble store with his presence. From the pieces, I begin to assemble a perfect, custom-made stamp. It is worth exactly 66,66€. I single-handedly reprogramme not only my cash desk, but the entire system. It can now scan any stamp in (or out of) existence. It is raining stamps. I am smiling.
Two hours later, it is done. Beaming, and covered in the torn remains of hundreds of unfortunate stamps, I hold the perfect stamp out to The Customer. He accepts it. I rejoice. It might just be my high fever and blurry gaze, but I think the right corner of his mouth moved upwards for exactly half a second. I am blessed.
He licks the stamp and slaps it onto a letter. He wants to lend a pen. I lend him a pen. When he is done, he holds the letter out to me expectantly. He does not say a word, my silent angel, but I can tell what he wants. Thus is our connection. There is nothing, I assure you, nothing I would have rather done than to accept his letter, on my knees, with tears of gratitude streaming down my cheeks… But alas:
“I want to send the letter,” my dear customer finally says, after the silence has stretched into infinity and back.
“Oh, I’m sorry, Sir,” I say with a polite smile, brushing stamps off my shoulders, “We don’t accept mail. We only sell stamps.”
After all, you can’t make exceptions to a well-established rule in the workplace.
The customer doesn’t bat an eyelash. “That’s okay,” he says with a disarming smile. “I wouldn’t ask the impossible of you.”
As he turns to walk away, a single tear rolls down my cheek. I wipe it off with a stamp that wears his majestic face, hand-stitched by me.
I don’t tell him there’s a mailbox around the corner.
Whenever I’m reminded of the sad moments in my life, and this the honest truth, I stop and think of Taeyeon and suddenly, I’m okay.
Kim Taeyeon, you have been so strong for everyone while accepting all those criticisms against you and the rest of the girls. You’ve refused to shed tears and let anyone see a crack because that’s what people expect from you. The life you chose is one definitely not a walk in the park because everyone’s eyes are all on you. You’re not new to these words and my god, you’ve been exposed to this for quite some time. But you know what breaks my heart the most? It’s the fact that of all people who’d spouted stupid nonsense against you are the people that are supposed to be the ones fighting beside you. I’ve seen fans turn their backs and never look back, even saying words they swore they would never say to you. People doubt your abilities all the time, question your sincerity as if they know you personally, and just spew venom in order to bring you down. But like a pillar made to withstand the greatest disaster, you’re still standing strong with your head held high and your back straightened as if you’re ready for the worst to come. And what I love about you the most is the fact that you know when to speak and stand your ground when you’re being unfairly aggravated but you also know when to not say a thing at all. And I can say proudly really, that I don’t look at you with only just a fan’s eyes but also as a woman who’s looking at you with pride and respect.
But Taeyeon, I hope you know you’re not alone in that war. You have us, you have your members, you have people around you that care about you. I hope you know that while yes, being strong is important and necessary in the cruel world you’re currently living in, letting yourself fall sometimes and admitting that you’re not okay is as important as well.
And despite all things, I hope you never stop doing the thing you love the most. Anyone with eyes and ears can see that you perform with all your heart. You may not let just anyone in, but with your high notes and breathy tone, you’re able to let us catch a glimpse of your vulnerability and it’s the most beautiful thing. I honestly don’t know why this took an emotional turn, but I love you so much. The world is not enough for someone like you. Take everything you could get because you deserve it and more. Happy birthday, Taeng. The ultimate smol of all smols. Thank you for being so strong. #KingTaeyeonDay
“We will fight for a world where our children can be born mages and free. Ten years, a hundred years from now, someone like me will love someone like you, and there will be no templars to tear them apart.”
This is a small little reading I wrote up when I was feeling foggy about my spiritual path. I didn’t know where I was or what to do, I felt clouded in my mind and in my heart. I hope this can help anyone else who may be feelings this way or even if you just want to explore your spiritual path further!
The First Card: This represents where you currently are on your spiritual path. Are you feeling lost? Perhaps you’re confident in where you are but want to know how far you are from a spiritual goal? Where am I currently on my spiritual journey?
The Second Card: Sometimes there are things holding us back, a relationship, a feeling, or something else entirely. Even when things are going well there’s often something we can improve upon or work towards. What is hindering my spiritual growth?
The Third Card: This is my favorite card to pull! This is going to help you grow and heal, it can be an act of self care, something you need to let go of or whatever it is you need to grow. What can help me grow spiritually?
The Fourth Card: This is similar to the previous card because sometimes it’ll pop up as another card of self-care or something to move on from. But it describes your next step forward, a step to healing or a step towards your goal. What is the next step on my spiritual path?
The Final Card: This card best represents what you gain from your spirituality, it speaks of your potential and all the boundless wonderful possibilities. What is my ultimate potential?
You can see some of my readings and spreadshereand you can get your own reading by mehere. 💖
Hi everyone! So, as any jikook shipper, you all know that there is a variety of great fics, old and new, about our fave ship. I, personally, tend to like reading more about the new ones (not because the 2014 ones aren’t good anymore, but like, u know what i mean, dynamics of the ship changed).
So as someone who spends……. alot….. of their free time reading and writing fics, and as someone who’s been in the fandom for a couple months now, i tought it would be a good idea to write down here some of my faves for you, old shipper who thinks they’ve read them all, or new shipper who doesn’t know where to start :)
I’ll try to recommend complete ones for the most part, and recent ones, but you know…… some of ‘em are classics. Here are my personnal all-time favorites.
Let’s start ! (in no particular order)
* - awesome
** - extra-awesome
*** - life-changing
1. Constraint, by Harlot. ** One shot, 40k, complete. “Jungkook is young and he is more acquainted with confusion and poor-decision-making than he’d like to admit. Despite being only 19 years old, he sometimes argues that he’s been through and seen some shit. He is never sure where he’s going to end up and he’s not entirely sure what kind of future is waiting for him. He is often not sure of a lot but he is certain—absolutely certain—that he’s not gay. Alternatively, a story in which Jungkook meets Park Jimin and doesn’t like him whatsoever. There’s just something about him… there’s just so much about him. Jungkook really can’t stand him. In fact, he can’t stand him so much he can’t quite seem to get him off of his mind.” ((So this one is quite lengthy, i know, but totally worth it ! Jungkook is a real douche in the beginning, but his reactions are so believable and relatable that you forgive him instantly. Great caracterization. Smutty parts in the end.))
2. Loverboy, by gangbang. *** One shot, 9k, complete. “this much jimin’s figured out: sometimes, somehow, his words make people fall in love with him.” ((Okay so this one is my personnal favorite, if I had to chose from all the jikooks fics, and probably all fics of all ships of all times, this would probably win the 1rst place. There’s something about it. Magical realism. Ansgt. Incredible storyline and characterization. A+++))
3. More golden than a golden snitch, by arborescent. ** Series of 3 One shots. 4k for this one, complete. “Everyone knows that the first year Slytherin seeker Jeon Jungkook’s biggest fan is not from his own house but a third year Hufflepuff named Park Jimin.” ((Okay so another old one… but a true classic. This one is a series so be sure to read the 3 of them, aren’t long, but truly amazing. HP au, with a lot of misunderstandings, a tsundere jk, and a fluffy muggleborn jimin. Don’t have to have loved HP to read this.))
4. And back again, by novilunar. * One shot, 3k, complete. “Jimin wishes he could stay away from Jungkook.” ((Ok so this is also an old one BUT i had to link it cause i read it 4 times by now and it is THE fic that started me into Jikook. Basically, Jimin doesn’t do one night stands, and thats all jk does. Jimin falls. Happy ending. Great writing. Good smutty parts. Love it.))
5. The Bet, by jonghyunslisterine. ** 11 chapters, 46k, complete. “Where Jeon Jungkook makes a bet that he can get the notoriously single Park Jimin to sleep with him by the end of the semester. Needless to say, things don’t go exactly as planned.” ((Okay, another old one, classic, that you probably already read. If not, then d o i t. Quite lengthy, but a safe bet. Great great great character development. Jimin is such a complex but lovely being and jk is such a douche but then gets it and it all goes well in the end. The jeonlous is gold. University setting, and jk’s concerns about school are so well written and so relatable. Great one overall.))
6. Flowertalk, by soranosuzu. * One shot, 3k, complete. “Jimin works in a flower shop and Jungkook is a delivery boy who drives a pastel pink van.” ((Tooth rotting fluff. Short and sweet, perfect for when you’re feeling for it.))
7. You’re ripped at every edge (but you’re a masterpiece), bykafeuka. * 3 chapters, 34k, complete. “Jimin swore there was nothing worst than having Jeon Jungkook as a sergeant.(Or,In which Jimin was forced to enlist in military and he was under the sexgod Sergeant Jeon’s monitoring division and god, Sergeant Jeon really needs to stop being a douchebag)” ((Ok so this one is maybe not an ultimate fave, but it’s only b/c of the end. Overall, it’s great, tho’. Military AU. Sexual tension. JK is sexually frustrated and frustrating. JM is a rich boy. Both characters are douches. Loved the idea.))
8. One upon a time share, by namakemono. * 5 chapters, 32k, complete. “Jungkook is in desperate need of a vacation, but spending two weeks in Namjoon and Hoseok’s timeshare in Okinawa with his recently separated ex of three years was probably (definitely) not what he had in mind.” ((I don’t know why i like the ex trope so much??? anyone with me??? there isn’t enough of those. JK and JM broke up, but their friends are still friends. And want them back together. Oops. Love it.))
7. White T-shirt and Brown Timberlands, by Rose_gold715. ** One shot, 11k, complete. “Jimin is filing for divorce after eight years with Jungkook. He needs to let go, and yet, he wants to hold on a little longer.” ((Aaaaand another ex trope, but not really. Established relationship that doesn’t go well for a while, but happy ending. Original idea. Kinda angsty, and heartbreaking. Loved it.))
8. You’re a hard soul to save with an ocean in the way (but i’ll get around it), by namakemono(great author ok bye). ** One shot, 20k, complete. “Jimin has the whole ocean at his fingertips, but for some reason he can’t help but look up to where the humans are, and wonder what it’s like to be part of their world.(or: the Little Mermaid AU that no one asked for)” ((Ok so now move on to something a lil’ fluffier. I DID NOT KNOW HOW MUCH I WANTED A LITTLE MERMAID AU. But i did. Jimin w/ red hair. Rich boy JK that has to take care of him. Funny and cute. A little jowel of a fic.))
9. You Don’t Bring Me Flour, bysuperbroc. * One shot, 3k, complete. “In order to graduate, Park Jimin must convince cute grocery cashier Jeon Jungkook that this sack of flour is his beloved child.” ((Soooo funny. Happy and fluffy. Great when you’re in the mood for something lighter.))
10. Let’s play for keeps, bykaythebest. * One shot, 4k, complete. “Jimin plays games for the entertainment of the Internet. Poorly. In fact, his entire schtick seems to be entirely based on how terrible he is. JimJams tries. He rarely succeeds.” ((Youtuber AU. Funny. A lot of Pining. What’s there more to ask.))
11. A touch of sin, by pettey. *** 10 chapters, 102k, complete. “After his transfer to a quiet seaside town, Jeongguk was prepared to face a year of uneventful CID work, but found himself dealing with a series of strange murders instead.” ((ULTIMATE FAVE OF THE MOMENT. Last fic I actually read, yesterday, in the middle of the night. Terrible idea, ‘cause it’s so spooky. I’m not a fan of gore, so i was scared when i read the hashtags, but really there isn’t that much, and it’s so well written that you barely notice it. The story is so well written and plot-driven. It could litteraly be a book. The universe is so intriguing. Ghosts. Witchcraft. JK is a cop, JM is a witch, sorta. Weird murders happen, JM is suspected. Sexual tension. So soooo much sexual tension. Characters are amazingly written. Slowbuilt. The end is bittersweet, if you don’t like much of happy endings, you’ll love it, if you only like happy endings (like me), you’ll love it too. Also there’s smut. And amazing song recommandations.))
12. Nu ABO: A Memoir by Park Jimin, bydecompositionbooks. ** 6 chapters, 34k, complete. “The world didn’t think it was necessary to give him a guide when it shoved all of these omega hormones at him, so here it is, Park Jimin’s handbook on dealing with heats, unrequited love, and Jeon Jungkook.” ((You kids are so lucky to be able to read this fic in one go. I had to wait for every chapter. E v e r y o n e. I know not all are fans of ABO dynamics, but try this one, please. It’s so good. Jimin is hilarious. Jungkook is emotionally constipated. Sexual tension. Jealousy. Great writing. A+))
13. Leave Your Mark, by snarcsics. *** 3/10 chapters, 49k, not completed. “The first time Jimin meets a gaunt, small beta boy named Jungkook in the examination room of Namjoon’s lab, he can’t seem to take his eyes off him. The second time he sees Jungkook it’s because he refuses to eat without him. The third time they meet, Jungkook is more teeth and claws than Jimin can handle.” ((OK SO I KNOW THIS FIC IS NOT COMPLETED. BUT LISTEN it’s worth it. Ohhh so worth it. Plus the author tends to finish all of her fics. Superd kind, replies to all comments. This fic is the beginning of a masterpiece. Not like any ABO. The plot is so great. The characterization is A+++. So much tension. So intriguing. JM is an omega. JK is a beta that will become an alpha artificially cause they are extinct. It doesn’t go so well. Please read it. Trust me on this one. You won’t regret it.))
So this is all of my ultimate favorite fics! I still have plenty I would like to recommend, but I figured too long posts annoy everyone. Tell me if you liked this list and if you would like me to do some others :) I was thinking about doing thematics ones, like fluffy, smutty, angsty… Tell me if that would be something you’d like!
If you have any fics to recommend me, please please please do so!
This fandom is great. This ship is great. Don’t forget to comment on the stories you read to encourage these fabulous authors!
I just wanted to do a little shout-out to @euclase for being an inspiration to me as an artist and a person; I’ve been following them since I was in my mid-teens on Deviantart, and would try to study their techniques to get better at Photoshop painting. Their finished paintings always seemed like they were made with the help of magic but when you learn that it’s 100% practice and discipline and love for the craft then it’s so, so much more impressive than magic could ever be.
And today, though I’ve graduated uni and my art styles have vastly changed, I still learn things from them. Not only things like colour pallets and image referencing and lighting studies, but things like agency. Having control over the way you interpret characters and paint them and reclaim them. Drawing for yourself and the power that gives you. Awareness of gender/racism/sexism in media and fandom and the art world. The importance of analysing one’s own behaviour and challenging the way the world is. That spreading kindness and supporting peers is so important in a world where hate is so readily available.
I often walk past a gallery in the city that has Marvel and Star Wars art on display in the windows, and it’s branded as quality, up-market artwork, “real” paintings worthy of galleries. It’s fan art. And I think of Euclase, because what they do is just as valid, and it’s beautiful and full of power because they put their time and love into something that they personally wanted to look at. It makes me feel brave about still producing my own fan art even after all this time, because that’s ultimately what makes me happy. I’m getting better at standing up for myself as an artist, and defending fandom, validity of women’s art, and the right of people to choose what they want to draw.