First Date with Bucky Barnes
A/N: This is going to be written for Post-Winter Soldier Bucky. Requested by @natasha-baggins
- Your first date with Bucky is a casual affair
- He takes you to a family owned restaurant where the two of you are seated a secluded table.
- The two of you have known each other for long enough that the lack of other people is comforting rather than worrying.
- Bucky takes extra care of his appearance.
- He washes and conditions his hair with products recommended by Steve and pulls his hair back into the neat bun that you always seem fond of.
- He doesn’t over dress for the occasion, but it’s obvious that he thought about the outfit.
- He looks very good and you make sure to tell him that.
- The compliment makes him stutter for a brief moment, but it also causes a huge smile to grow on his face.
- Thankfully the two of you are good enough friends that the awkwardness of a first date isn’t very present.
- Bucky is nervous because he cares for you so much and he doesn’t want to mess anything. And this is the first time he’s been on a date since the 20s.
- But your smiles and laughter put his heart at ease and soon the event feels like any other time the two of you hang out.
- The two of you talk and laugh for hours. Bucky even insists on buying dessert.
- You try to persuade the man to split the check since you know that he doesn’t exactly make a lot of money.
- But he relentlessly sneaks the check away from you any time you try to grab for it.
- After the date he walks with you for the short time it takes to get to your car.
- Bucky isn’t confident enough to ask for a good night kiss so instead the two of you share a hug and a promise to see each other soon.