HomoLesbians advice to baby dykes
- If you feel like getting an alternative lifestyle haircut, get one! Yes it’s a little bit of a cliché, but sometimes we need to feel life-changes manifest on the outside as well as the inside. Besides you can always grow it out later.
- If you all of a sudden feel a need for excessive flannel and rainbow items, that is also ok! Again, it’s not because you realized you like girls, it’s a symbol of change and transition.
- Watch all the things. (Except The L Word, stop at season 3)
- Join things. The clubs, the organizations, it’s time to build your lady loving network! If you want to surround yourself with other gay ladies, you’re gonna have to make an effort.
- Don’t always take your feelings too seriously. Yes your first girl crush will make you feel like you’ve met the love of your live. I’ll give it two weeks though. Three, tops. You still have a lot of exploring to do, too much fun to have.
- At some point your baby dyke phase will end, and you might feel like changing things again. And that’s ok. That’s how we mark transition. Just like our sexuality dosn’t define us as humans, your baby dyke phase doesn’t define you as a lady lover.
Life is not a static experience, it’s a journey and a roller coaster. Things change, people change, you change. And that’s ok. The important thing is that you accept yourself the way your are in the moment.
7. Oh, and one last one, STAY AWAY FROM STRAIGHT GIRLS!!!