1. A book you finished in one sitting: Losing It by Cora Carmack. still probably one of my top three faves. i was a wee lass when i first read it, but it still gets me.
2. Were you always into reading or did something spark your interest? I think i’ve always been into it. i remember when we were little, we had “Reading Counts” points that we got for each book we read, so it was a school-wide competition every year. i think that might be what got me started.
3. Any songs you relate to a certain book? every time i hear “If This Was a Movie” by Taylor Swift i automatically think of the Reckless Magic series by Rachel Higginson. i read that a solid six years ago, but EVERY TIME i hear the song, i can’t help but think of those characters. completely random, but it just happens. brains are weird.
4. Season you get the most reading done: honestly it’s pretty year-round. i don’t think there’s ever a time when i’m not reading.
5. Book character you most relate to: hmm. i really relate to Bliss from that book i mentioned earlier, Losing It. she’s hella awkward and weird, and it’s one of the reasons i can read that book 100 times and never get bored. also, i feel like i relate to Andrew Minyard, but only insofar as his personality combination of apathy and sarcasm. i think it’s why he’s my favorite POV to write from. also gonna throw in a bit of Dick Gansey III for our shared obsessive tendencies.
6. Reading goals for 2017? What are they? i have a list like everyone else, and i might accomplish some of it, but tbh i’ll probably spend most of my life reading tfc fanfiction. and i am 100% okay with that.
7. Any books that you feel like you need to read or else you’ll miss out on things at booklr? okay well i have no idea what “booklr” is, BUT. as far as missing out on things, i really feel the need to read Six of Crows. i see all these awesome edits and character quotes all the time, and i NEED to get in on that.
8. Most books you’ve ever read in a week/ month/ year? really couldn’t tell you. probably like 10-ish in a week? and i’m with Li on the month/year thing, i have absolutely no idea.
9. One character everyone else absolutely loved but you despised: i can’t stand James Potter. i know we never technically met him, but just. ugh. i don’t even really know why. i’ve always been a Snape fan, so i guess it’s just to do with everything that went down between them.
10. Any books that remind you of a certain place? HP and the Sorcerer’s Stone always reminds me of driving with my parents from Texas to North Carolina for the holidays when i was younger. i’ve made that trip at least 30 times in my life, but that one time we got the HP books on tape from Cracker Barrel and listened to them the entire way.
11. Number of books you own: pal, i have no clue. if we’re counting e-books, i’d ballpark it at around 200? maybe? ish?
Tag 9 people you want to get to know better.
or somethin idk
Tagged by: @canadian-snow-queen look how this is going to expose me because i don’t have many people i know i could tag
Lipstick or Chapstick: Chapstick, i uh. i have dry lips ok.
Last song you listened to: fREEZE YOUR BRAIN. FIGHT PAIN WITH More PAIN (IDK OK. I’VE BEEN HAVING THESE SONGS PLAY IN MY MIND FOR EVER.
Top three shows: VLD, SVTFOE (I guess?) and Gravity Falls (i really didn’t wanna list out animes, also i haven’t watched a show in forever. please kill me)
Top three characters: Lance, or/and Keith. I dON’T KNOW???? I’m going to throw Oikawa in there because wow I’m still HQ!! trash.
Top three ships: Klance (and tbh many more voltron ships but then I won’t have anymore room), 2700 (i.. i will fight for them. but i also have a lot of khr ships. um), IwaOi (or kagehina. pls don’t give me hard questions like this. i’m going to cry)