aries: a bold lip, smudged just enough that it might be an aesthetic choice
taurus: p e r f e c t cut crease in slightly shimmery neutrals, worn to the grocery store or a casual family barbecue
gemini: clear, thick, ultrashiny lipgloss paired with a straight power brow & nothing else
cancer: the perfect no make up make up face. took FOREVER to complete and about a billion dollars worth of product but looks effortless. dewy, glowing skin, slightly flushed cheeks & lips, lightly filled in brows
leo: bold bright lip with highlight highlight highlight. beautiful glazed donut angel level of strobing. you can almost see yourself in the reflection. stunning
virgo: neutral ultramatte lip on a perfectly moisturized mouth. a dusting of setting powder, so that freckles show through
libra: moisturizer imbued with rose petals & flecks of gold. eye cream worth a semester of college tuition. brows threaded so precisely you would trust those hands with open heart surgery
scorpio: liquid black eyeliner, expertly applied with a brush from a little pot. yesterday’s smoky eye with today’s lip. under-eye bags that look intriguing instead of exhausted
sagittarius: bold lips, brows, & eyes all at once– & pulling it off perfectly. glitter at the inner corner of the eye. reaching out to wipe smudged mascara from your friend’s face
capricorn: moisturizer with spf 50 & anti-aging benefits. homemade rose water. drugstore dupes– but one luxury item, thoroughly researched & vetted
aquarius: faint stubble showing through foundation, or mysterious glitter showing up in strange places– the inside of the elbow, the back of the neck. pastel eyeliner. vegan, cruelty-free products with organic ingredients
pisces: waterproof mascara & the last of a discontinued eyeshadow palette that had the mythological perfect balance of shimmery & matte shades. being hopeful you will find it again
So last night I had this dream that I was playing this (totally awesome!) new Sonic game and throughout the levels there would be different characters that were hidden and you could receive objectives from them. I was playing as Shadow, and Shadow had this device that let him shapeshift to look like whatever/whoever he wanted, and while playing I noticed Amy and went to go see what her objective was, but instead of just walking up and pressing the A button or something, it turned into a cut scene.
In the cut scene, Shadow used the device to make himself look like Sonic and approached Amy, and then as she was trying to talk to “Sonic” he just walked up and kissed her hard on the face… then I sadly woke up. Why?!?!?!?! I will never know what was going on or what happened next!
This is such a tough question for me to answer. Anyone that knows me knows that I am OBSESSED with Trader Joe’s. It’s my grocery store of choice hands down. I’d shop at TJ’s every day if I could. I’ll see if I can narrow down my favorites for the sake of this question though:
1. Trader Joe’s Cheddar Cheese with Carmelized Onions: This cheese is literally better than sex. I swear by it. I’ve gotten all my friends hooked on it and it’s a staple when I go wine tasting! It tastes like french onion soup! I will warn you though that it is addictive haha.
2. Trader Joe’s Pita Bite Crackers: They are awesome with any cheese or dip. I always pick up a few boxes when I’m shopping because they go fast. Also, the multi-grain pita bite crackers aren’t nearly as good as the regular ones!
3. Trader Joe’s Quinoa Cowboy Veggie Burgers with Black Beans and Roasted Corn: This was a new find for me. I’m obsessed with them though. They are individually packaged and taste surprisingly good. I wasn’t expecting much, but they are relatively healthy and packed with a ton of flavor. You don’t even need a bun!
4. Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Chunky Guacamole: This Guacamole is great because it’s made with Greek yogurt. And with that said, you’d expect it to taste like yogurt. It has all the flavor of guacamole, but with half the calories and fat.
5. Trader Joe’s 1000 Day Gouda: If you’re as obsessed with sharp cheeses as I am, you’ll appreciate this aged gouda. It’s another one of my favorite cheeses to bring with me when I make a trip to the wineries!
6. Trader Jose’s Habanero Lime Flour Tortillas: Love these tortillas. I eat a lot of black beans as a vegetarian so I was in need of a staple tortilla. These are tough to find at some Trader Joe’s so you might have to search around a bit. They are super tasty and worth the hunt.
7. Trader Joe’s Roasted & Salted Truffle Marcona Almonds: These are rich so you probably only want to have a few at a time. My latest obsession is anything with truffles, so if you’re looking for a little bit of a treat, pick these up at TJ’s sometime! I’m not sure if they only have these around the holidays though.
8. Trader Joe’s Roasted Red Pepper Soup: This is great to keep in the cabinet for cold days. This soup is a favorite of mine. I usually add shredded cheese on top and sour cream when I have it in the fridge. You can easily doctor it up and add seasoning to make it taste even better!
9. Trader Joe’s Mini Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups: I don’t know why things seem to taste better when they are miniature, but they just do. The peanut butter in these is so creamy. I love having these in the apartment for the nights when I’m craving chocolate and peanut butter!
10. Trader Joe’s Spanakopita: Great appetizer. I always keep a few boxes of apps in the freezer to have with soup, or even salad when I feel like it. These are so yummy!
11. Trader Joe’s Cuban Style Black Beans: These taste so wonderful, with seasoning or plain. When I season them, I usually add garlic powder and a little hot pepper. These black beans are at the top of my grocery list because they are so versatile. I use black beans in almost every dinner I make (burritos, tacos, salads, with quinoa, in soups, etc.)
12. Trader Joe’s Chantilly Cream Vanilla Bean Mini Sheet Cake- The frosting on this cake is SO good. It’s thick, creamy, and actually tastes like real vanilla. You can see the vanilla bean specks in the frosting! This tastes great with a little whipped cream on top too.
13. Trader Joe’s Bite Size Everything Crackers: If you haven’t figured out by now, I really love cheese and crackers. If you love everything bagels like I do, you’ll appreciate the flavor and seeds in these crackers!
14. Trader Giotto’s Organic Pesto Pizza with Tomatoes and Broccoli: My sister reminded me to add this one to the list. This is one of our favorite frozen pizzas. It’s made in Italy too!
hi! do you know any blogs that are like yours, just a later time period? like the 30s-60s? i want to find blogs like that, i'm just having a hard time doing so.
I hope I haven’t classified these too inaccurately (I’m sorry; I know that I can’t even describe my own blog so I shouldn’t be trying to describe others, lol!! I just didn’t want to give a list of names with no information), and they’re not all quite what you’re asking for, AND I’m not done adding to the list, but these are all absolutely fantastic history blogs, so:
@route22ny(Mostly late 19th century to mid 20th, art deco, lots of beautiful street scenes and super in-depth research, great information on great old buildings and transportation)
@kittyinva(Mostly 1920s to 1930s, lots of lovely magazine covers, ephemera, art deco, celebrities like Mary Pickford and Clara Bow, flapperwear - she’s super knowledgeable!)
@lwom(Mostly classic Hollywood era, classic stars and disney!)
@wehadfacesthen(Mostly classic Hollywood era, great shots of stars like Jean Harlow and some lovely street scenes as well)
@deforest(Mostly classic Hollywood era, great old movie clips and shots of stars, beautiful paintings)
@zeehasablog(Late 19th century to mid 20th, everything from
daguerreotypes and paintings to the classic stars)
@thescrewlooseduck (Mostly early to mid 20th century, lots of great photographs and vintage comics)
@sparklejamesysparkle(Classic Hollywood, beautiful portraits and candid photos of starlets, actresses like Jean Harlow and Carole Lombard)
@heavyarethecrowns (A lot of current day royals, so this one’s different from the rest of the list - but when she does spams of historic royals, which happens pretty frequently, she really nails it! If you go through her tags there’s lots of candid pictures of the Queen, Princess Margaret, Prince Charles, Wallis Simpson and the Duke of Windsor, The Queen Mother and King George VI and many more!)
@michiganpast (All sorts of stuff exploring Michigan’s history - photos, newspaper clippings, advertisements)
@memento-nobis(Found photos! Super interesting; orphaned photographs - where did they come from? When were they taken? Who took them? memento-nobis digs into the clues given in the images to figure it out!)
@inquisitorian (Lots of historical art like paintings and statues, architecture, etc)
@la-belle-crawford(Retro, a lovely feminine mid-century aesthetic, classic Hollywood starlets)
@sydneyflapper(1920s! Edwardian through to the 1930s. Lots of ephemera - so many great postcards, magazine covers and illustrations! Vintage clothing.)
For @bibliophilicwitch‘s Tomes and Tea… which sounds grander than a library book and PG Tips call for, perhaps. Still, I’m really enjoying Maria Dueñas’ second novel, which has both a middle-aged woman as its heroine and an academic/historical mystery at its heart.
these are a few of my favorite things► books/shows: outlander ↳ “People disappear all the time. Young girls run away from home. Children stray from their parents and are never seen again. Housewives take the grocery money and a taxi to the train station. Most are found eventually. Disappearances, after all, have explanations. Usually.”