- Transgender woman Chyna Gibson was shot and killed outside of a shopping center in New Orleans Saturday night, according to the Times-Picayune.
- Gibson was also a drag performer who went by the name Chyna Doll Dupree. Though the Times-Picayune did identify her as trans, it also chose to “dead name” Gibson, meaning it used her birth name in the story.
- An anonymous friend told the Times-Picayune that Gibson was visiting her family in New Orleans to celebrate Mardi Gras.
- Gibson’s friends and loved ones shared messages to her on Facebook in the hours shortly after her death.
- “My heart breaks as this community must find a way to honor you in death and begin to move forward,” one person wrote. “The stage will never be the same!” Read more (2/26/17 11:13 AM)
It's either a new song, or E 2.0 is coming soon soon and it's a message to Harry and / or us. I wish he didn't have to do that at all. My heart also breaks for Harry....