This is a list of my fav (canon) LGBT+ characters. Or any LGBT+ characters that pop in my head.
Nitori (trans girl)
Justin (gay) *I would like to add that he’s a character in a children’s (or at least early teens I believe) graphic novel, and outright told the mc his sexuality. I remember buying this book from my Catholic school’s book fair lmao
Ideas for your Grimoire (or a journal/collection/file similar to a Grimoire):
• Diary Entries • Meditative Pages - Inducing different states, emotions, trances, mindsets, and triggers for spells, realms, etc. • Spirit Communication • Symbol Meanings - Alchemy, elements, zodiac, Futhark Runes, your own, etc. • Symbology - Animals, mythical creatures, any items • Herbology - Both medicinal and metaphysical • Chakra Meanings - Or Energy Points, whatever you refer to them as or similar points that you use in your craft • Healing Methods • Divination Methods • Spells • Rituals • Rites • Incantations • Portals • Deity Worship - If you worship any deities of any sort, you can include them in your Grimoire if you’d like • Deep Feelings • (Divination) Readings • Notes from Your Books • Research in General • Mythology • Egregores - Thought forms, concepts • Coding Methods • Psychic-Gathered Information • Spell/Craft Logs • Correspondences to Easy-to-Get Supplies and Substitutes • Key Things You’ve Discovered in magic, the Paranormal, the Astral, the future, your abilities, etc. • What Colors Mean to You • Lore! • Traditional Known Methods • Urban Methods • Your Methods! • Potions - They don’t always HAVE to be all herb- based, just so you know. There’s plenty of magic in fruits and veggies. • Correspondences/Your Own Correspondences • Craft and Food Recipes • Blessings, Curses/Jinxes/Hexes, Enchantments • Spirit Friends • Things about your Past Life - If you’ve reincarnated (or have past lives in your beliefs or… Well.. Anything that gives you a past life) • Your Passions • Your Morals • Fun Activities You Find/Make • Astral Travel Experiences
NHLers who have spoken out against the violence in Charlottesville
Because everything sucks, and it’s good to know that at least a few of them have cleared this incredibly low bar. This may not be everyone who tweeted about this, and I didn’t check other social media at all, so please tell me if you know of anyone else!
Detroit Red Wings: condemned use of their logo by fascists/neo-Nazis
Paul Bissonnette: retweeted Red Wings statement Brian Boyle: retweeted a video about Sir Nicholas Winton with the caption “On the same night that racists are carrying torches in Charlottesville I
see this tweet. Choose well what kind of human you’re going to be” JT Brown: quote-tweeted the Red Wings statement, statement from Bill Clinton Max Domi: quote-tweeted the Sir Nicholas Winton video (but he’s also supported Trump in the past, so take this with at least one grain of salt) Andrew Ference: [”This is what “making America great again” looks like?” with link to video], retweeted [As #Charlottsville churns with hate & racism, I am grateful for (Canadian flag emoji) inclusion.
But make no mistake: the same hate festers here and must end.] Blake Geoffrion: retweeted Sir Nicholas Winston video Brooks Laich: [
I hope for a world where diversity is not hated, not merely accepted - but celebrated! That must be our future! #prayforCharlottesville] Mike Modano: retweeted Red Wings statement Matt Stajan: retweeted video about Sir Nicholas Winton Aaron Ward: retweeted [I signed up to fight Nazis 73 years ago and I’ll do it again if I have to.
Hatred, bigotry, & fascism should have no place in this country.]
fyi (and i don’t know how long it will last) amazon seems to be having a huge sale on collected volumes of squirrel girl and other marvel comics. here’s the ones i think y’all will be most interested in:
I would rate The Distance as one of the great Richonne episodes of the series. I love it dearly for the way it shows Rick and Michonne moving in and out of sync, and for the way comic and dramatic elements bleed into one another. Even within this single scene, that’s what we see. For much of it, Rick and Michonne’s body language suggests they’re on the same page (e.g. the way they move in time in the third and fourth gifs). The blocking firmly places Michonne within the Grimes family fold; every shot of Full Beard Rick posturing threateningly at their visitor has him fixed in front of Michonne, with the children beside them. It’s a little extra on Rick’s part to say the least - but, y’know, he’s terrified that his fam is under threat. Nevertheless, he’s being unusually macho even before the punch arrives. Never the best at first impressions.
As Aaron’s powers of persuasion work overtime to break down Rick’s heightened defenses, Michonne moves even closer to his side. They then have my favorite silent conversation they’ve ever had. It’s old marrieds. It’s partners in crime. It’s any fucking trope you want it to be. And then, with comical machismo, he consciously ignores Michonne’s silent advice and punches poor, sweet Aaron in the face. Oh, Richard. Given the dire straits Team Family are in, I’m going to put this down to a combination of extreme over-protectiveness and serious hanger. But you’re on a warning. Walking Dead 101: Michonne is always right. You’ll learn, babes.
Andy: He’s on hyper alert and hyper vigilant at this time because of Terminus, and all of the people he’s met since the prison have either been dangerous, organized or brutal people – or a combination of all three. The whole thing with the punch is it’s nothing personal. It was a terrible call to bring a stranger into where they were staying, it’s bad protocol; all Rick is doing is saying to wait, start again, interrogate the guy and see who he is. I don’t think it’s important to Rick that he makes friends. He’s got all he needs around him.
Danai: They can talk to each other with a glance.
Denise Huth: Michonne is one of the few characters who can really call Rick out.
• What Sherlock Holmes doesn’t know:
- The solar system
- Glass reflects??????
• What Sherlock Holmes does know:
- Gay underwear trends
- John doesn’t take sugar for his tea
- The difference between purple and lilac