Chapters: 10/10 Fandom:Captain America - All Media Types, Marvel Rating: Mature Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings Relationships: Bucky Barnes/Steve Rogers Characters: Steve Rogers, Bucky Barnes, Sam Wilson, Natasha Romanov, Tony Stark, Clint Barton, Phil Coulson, Original Characters, Pepper Potts, Matt Murdock, Foggy Nelson, Claire Temple Additional Tags: Post-Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - PTSD, Drug Abuse, Homelessness, Jewish Bucky Barnes, Catholic Steve Rogers, Religious Imagery & Symbolism, Artist Steve Rogers, Identity Issues, POV Alternating, Not Avengers: Age of Ultron (Movie) Compliant, because I am a desert pony that runs as wild and free as the wind, Period Typical Attitudes, Masturbation, Past Peggy Carter/Steve Rogers, original kid characters, a coupla goddamn kids, Pinkberry, Past Rape/Non-con Series: Part 2 of Ain’t No Grave Summary: It’s six in the morning, and Steve is heading out on a run when he nearly trips over a bouquet of sunflowers on the front steps of his brownstone.
For a second paranoia takes over, and he kicks the flowers a little, waiting for them to explode. They don’t. They also came with a card, which he picks up. The front of the card has a tasteful picture of the Brooklyn bridge at sunset. It’s very nice and sedate, like the kind of card you would buy to give to your boss. On the inside someone has written a short message in big, shaky block letters.
You art is absolutely amazing! You're definitely one I would buy commissions from, and that makes three people I'd buy art from. I am head over heals in love with your Mpreg Loki, but doesn't the other highborns at court think it's weird that a male is pregnant? And how is Sigyn's reaction if there's any backtalking?? I'm just a bit curious since we know Loki's life hasn't been bully-free, neither in MCU or the mythology, poor baby.
Wow thank you! Commissions will hopefully be open publicly soon (I know I’ve said that before but some personal stuff has come up- I’m trying to slog through it tho I promise!)
I don’t think it’s a super big deal. Here on Earth, yeah sure it is. However this is space! Anything goes!
I’ve said it before but the fastest way to yank me out of the Thor universe it to apply human/Earth logic and physiology to the other realms. This “two gender” dynamic very probably wouldn’t apply to the other 9 realms in the same way it does here. Throw magic into the mix and it opens up the board to a lot of possibilities.
Maybe it’s not as common in Asgard, the ability to conceive and carry would be one more “weird thing” the second son of Odin could do, but I can’t see people being shocked by the pregnancy itself. The fandom has unofficially declared Jotunn as an intersex’d species, and this along with Loki’s genderfluid nature gives a far more natural basis than just “lol what if dude got preggers” (To be honest I think the court would be more pissed that Loki was actually Jotunn this whole time, than shunning him for getting pregnant).
This applies to the Consort AU as well. There’s millions, possibly BILLIONS if not more, kinds of species across the Nine and there’s no way they all stick to the humankind biology rule. IF THEY STICK TO THEM AT ALL. Who know’s, maybe Midgard’s the weird one
In just my regular Logyn headcanons Loki and Sigyn hide their pregnancies of Narvi and Vali. They’ve got just too many enemies, and with the politics of Thor being the Crown Prince yet unwed and unwanting of the throne… well, that’s where a lot of ugly, Game of Throne type shit can go down. They decide to be safe rather than sorry.
In the Consort AU however it’s more of a stunned silence from the court because their beloved King just married a Jotunn when they were barely even alright with her marrying an Aesir lol Once that settles tho, it’s still a legal heir, there’s no difference.
I don’t tote the “Poor bullied baby Loki” line here, so I’m sorry about this lol But, one Loki deserves a lot of the shit he gets tbh (for starting most of that shit in the first place), and two, boy can fight his own battles. Sigyn offers him a lot of support but she isn’t there 24/7 coddling him from those meanies in court. He is Loki after all.
Things I wonder about First Word Soulmate AUs/new take on the trope:
Tattoo parlors that specialize in covering soulmarks.
- Having a soulmate doesn’t mean things will work out. Maybe your soulmate brought out the worst of you and you only fit as that version of yourself, but you can’t stand it so you leave because you rather be single and a good person.
- Maybe they died and seeing their words becomes too much.
- Maybe that relationship was toxic and hell if you survived all that to keep their words on your skin.
- You don’t believe in fate and refuse to give into it, so fuck it, you are not even getting a nice tattoo you are getting a big fucking black square.
- You find love outside your soulmark and want to show that person those words don’t matter.
- A spy/person with a dangerous job wants to keep their soulmate safe.
Do you need to be face to face for the words to work? For example:
- If your soulmate was famous, and the first time you heard them was when a popular song was on the radio, does that mean you get the whole song tattoed into your skin?
- Similarly, what if you think somebody famous is your soulmate because you have the first song you heard from them tattoed, and then it turns out you went to a karaoke place and somebody sang it there? (and sang it badly)
- If you saw a TV show and one of the actors was your soulmate, and they addressed the camera like in the office, would that mean you have those words?
- Would they work if a telemarketer called you?
- What if you saw a youtube video/vine?
- You don’t get a set soulmate. The decisions you make in life and the person you become change the outcome, so you start with “hello” and then decide to go study abroad and the words change to “thank fuck, you speak English too” and the hand writing is totally different so you know it’s not the same person.
- You start dating somebody who doesn’t have your words, but things are great and you absolutely fall madly in love, you can’t picture anybody else in your life and then the words in your wrist change to “hey did you pick up the milk?” and you recognize that handwriting and your partner comes out of the bedroom all sleepy and asks “hey did you pick up the milk?”
- The words are not on your skin immediately, so you meet somebody and then a few hours later notice that the asshole who yelled “get out of the way you moron” is your soulmate and now you have to fucking track them. Joy.
What about medieval times when people couldn’t read?
- Would there have been a profession/people capable of reading who dedicated their life to traveling around and reading people’s words to them so they could memorize them?
What if you are deaf or mute?
- Would you instead of having words be marked in the place where your soulmate touches you the first time?
it's 12:35am on October 10th, which means it's been exactly one year since my best friend killed herself. everyone told me it would get better but it hasn't. I still walk around with a terrifying sense of emptiness. and honestly? I'm sad. there's no poetic, deep way to say that. I'm sad and everyone's telling me I shouldn't be but how am I supposed to be happy when each morning that I wake up, means I have to live another day without her. fuck I miss her and I don't know what to do
You should be sad. I wouldn’t know what to do. I wouldn’t just get over it. I can’t imagine what that would be like if that happened to me. Allow yourself to be sad, but know that she was seriously struggling and sometimes it’s too difficult to try to feel better, even friends can’t cheer you up. So please try not to feel guilty because it was beyond your control. Putting yourself in her shoes, you wouldn’t blame your friends, right? As for missing her, of course you’re going to miss her, but eventually you have to allow yourself to move on and make other friends. No one can replace her, but you can have a new best friend and start focusing on your current friendships because it won’t do you any good to only ever think about the past. This is a tough situation, so give it some more time and it will get easier.
Your art style is TOTALLY AMAZING. Would you mind giving some tips for bodies and/or mouths?
there are a lot of art tutorials/tips out there for bodies and mouths and i don’t have much to add except this: the fastest way to get good at drawing people/faces is to study the old masters. rubens, rembrandt, durer, raphael, michaelangelo (you wanna be careful with him because he tends to invent his own muscles lol), carracci, cambiaso, etc, etc
also look up george bridgman, burne hogarth, andrew loomis, harry carmean, glenn vilppu - some modern(ish) artists who are unbelievable draftsmen ^^
There's a fox that keeps sneaking into the goldfish pond to take naps in it. My guess is that this is because it's a fox and the temperature is 90°+ in the shade and has been that way for over a week now (interestingly, the male that actually "owns" that territory hasn't been engaging in this behavior, just the trespasser). But hilariously, the goldfish have begun to swarm the fox every time it goes in. I would assume they're eating parasites or something off the fox?
…I would assume so, probably, yeah. Either that or dead skin?
That sounds hilarious. Please submit a video or a photo if you can get one.