some little modern!byeler headcanons
These are mostly adult!Byeler headcanons!
- They were first in line to see The Force Awakens, and also were some of the first to buy advance tickets.
- They are AVID World of Warcraft fans.
- Both would own iPhones, but Mike is a bit more phobic of technology than Will. He believes that one day, technology is gonna turn on us and the result won’t be a pretty one, and Will always has to tell him that he’s being delusional.
- On the iPhone note: Will’s phone background is of Mike holding one of their dogs, and Mike’s is one of Will on their wedding day.
- Both have Tumblrs. Will’s is very aesthetically-pleasing, with photography, art, musicals, floral, etc. Mike’s is more of a fandom blog, primarily Star Wars and Doctor Who.
- On the Doctor Who note, both of them are HUGE fans of the show. Will’s favorite new Doctor is Eleven and favorite old Doctor is Five, while Mike’s favorite new Doctor is Ten and old Doctor is Four. Their favorite companions are Rose, Amy, Sarah Jane, and Rory.
- Both were big Pokemon fans as kids, and totally had the trading cards, Nintendo games (they always competed to see who could take the better pictures on Pokemon Snap), the Pokemon Gameboy, the merchandise, and both watched the show constantly. If you think that they didn’t get on the Pokemon Go bandwagon when it came out, you are DEAD WRONG.
- Both are huge Game of Thrones fans. Mike is totally in love with Daenerys and how badass she is, and Will loves Tyrion and Jon.
- Will uses Instagram RELIGIOUSLY. He will take pictures of pretty much ANYTHING and post them to his account with (what he thinks are) witty captions. Most of the time, those captions are nothing but emojis.
- Both use Snapchat. Will uses it mostly to annoy Mike by sending him snaps of his own various selfies with captions like “Do you still love me, Mike?” and then following up five minutes later with, “How about now?” and another, two minutes after that: “How about NOOOW?” Mike has to finally tell him to stop, and then Will begins sending him snaps of their dogs—while both men are in the same house, in different rooms.
- Mike rarely uses his Snapchat, and only uses it for the cool filters. Will uses every single filter more than once, but Mike only uses filters if he likes them.
- Will watches cooking shows all the time, most specifically Cake Boss and Hell’s Kitchen.
- Mike watches and loves true crime shows, and watches the Investigation Discovery (ID) channel a lot.
- They both try to go to San Diego Comicon every year, and they cosplay every single time they attend. Their cosplays range from Star Wars to Doctor Who to Marvel or DC characters.
- They both love the Marvel and DC films, but both have a huge preference for Marvel comics and films.
- Both are massive Harry Potter fans. Mike has read all seven books at least twenty times, and Will has read them all at least forty. It’s their obsession, and sometimes they’ll even read the books to each other. Later on, when they adopt a couple of children, they introduce them to Harry Potter and read the books to them every night.
- They both marveled over The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films. They were totally in awe of the special effects and how beautifully it came to life on screen.
- Will uses Uber so much, but Mike is totally paranoid about him doing that. He’s always afraid that they’re unsafe, and that “they could be a serial killer, Will!” Will just assures Mike that he’s being paranoid and watches too many true crime shows.
- They Skype and FaceTime all the time when they have to be apart. It’s mostly just Will holding their dogs and telling Mike all about what they did that day (“Toto took a dump in the house today, Mikey! ALL OVER MY BRAND NEW RUG!!!!!!” “Hermione went to the vet today and got her teeth cleaned! Her breath smells fresh!” “Hagrid had to go get spayed today. I don’t think he’s ever gonna trust me AGAIN!” and the list just goes on and on and ON). Will Byers is a total Dog Dad and no one is ever gonna convince me otherwise.
- Mike’s username on pretty much all of his social media is thecoolestwheeler90,
while Will’s is thecutestwheeler91 (after he marries Mike; before marrying
Mike, it’s hufflepuffcutie2010, because he was pretty sure he was a Hufflepuff and
wouldn’t accept anything or anyone telling him otherwise).