Institute Facts According to X6-88
- Greed and materialism don’t exist in the Institute. (okay)
- The Advanced Systems division had plans for a vehicle like this. It ended up being more trouble than it was worth. (I think this in reference to the submarine)
- The Institute’s founders frowned on television. They thought it was a detriment to science. (choosing to interpret this as “grad students were spending too many nights getting high and watching loony tunes)
- Some of the scientists enjoy filmed entertainment. I have no use for it. (INSTITUTE MOVIE NIGHT IS CANON)
- Why store corpses? This space could be put to more efficient use. (institute cremates?)
- I was told a great writer once lived here. I’m not sure how anyone that wasn’t a scientist can be considered great. (for a long time, i interpreted this as “the institute frowns upon creative expression” but then i realized that x6 is actually just way too into scientists. missed storyline potential: rescue this awful man from the institute)
- The medicine that was practiced here is almost barbaric compared to the Institute’s advances.
- A place for infant humans. I’ve only seen one once. It was unsettling. (in response to a nursery. assuming the institute has a communal nursery.)
- We sometimes find older-model synth parts in places like this. Scavengers are a constant threat to our surface work teams. (I think this one triggers in a warehouse.)
Doctor Karlin thinks the world’s oceans are probably filled with huge, mutated sea creatures.
People killed each other for food here. The Institute will never have those kinds of problems.
The SRB monitors all radio broadcasts in the Commonwealth. We think the Railroad might be sharing coded messages that way.
A single Institute holotape could hold all of the text in this library.
All of these computers put together wouldn’t match the processing power of one Institute terminal.
- I’ve never understood this game. If the objective is to destroy the pins, why not just shoot them? (no bowling in the institute? or, just as likely, synths aren’t allowed to have fun.)
- The Robotics division did something like this once. (I think this one is in reference to the place where they race and bet on robots)
- One of the scientists in Advanced Systems tried to figure out how this boat could have ended up here. Eventually, he just gave up (in reference to the uss constitution)
- The older sections of the Institute look a lot like this. (corvega)
I used to come here for target practice.
(the amphitheater. i wonder how often coursers are allowed to go to the surface? do they mostly stay up there? or do they mostly stay in the institute?)
We send scavenger teams to places like this to collect chemicals.
Learning from books? Not exactly efficient
- In the Institute, we’ve advanced far beyond books. Children learn from interactive terminals.