How did you become so popular with your blog? I'm trying to make a blog myself but I only have 27 followers and no one's sending in questions. Is there something I can do to promote my art?
Well, I made this blog about a year ago, but I wouldn’t call myself popular. At least, not compared to the blogs that I look up to and admire.
I don’t have too much advice, but here’s this:
1. Keep practicing your art. Even if it’s not perfect, that only means there’s room for improvement. You’re allowed to trace art to see how other artists do it, but remember to keep your style unique and not copy others entirely (it’s also good to give credit). That’s how I did when learning to draw. Tutorials made no sense to me, so I traced other artists until I developed my own personal style. (Mind you, I was like 13 when I did this. XD) If tutorials work for you, go for it!
2. Whatever kind of blog you have, it’s nice to have visuals, such as reaction images for characters. Digital art seems to gain a better response, but if you have a scanner, traditional art will be more visible and vibrant.
3. Writing improvement. Look up ways to improve vocabulary, sentence variety and better formatting. People are more inclined to look at “better” writing. But don’t get upset if your writing is not as good as you want. That means you can improve it! (This will help with backstories, character bios, and the works.)
4. I wouldn’t exactly recommend asking for promotions. For some artists, that comes across as needy and whiny (but some would be happy to promote, so choose wisely). Try doing collabs and art trades with other bloggers instead. But NEVER become friends with an artist just for free art. That is like a stab in the back. True friendship comes from mutual trust and understanding, and also dank memes. (But I believe there is no problem with self-promotions, that’s how I help myself. XD)
5. Tag all your art and your posts so that it’ll be easier for people to stumble upon your stuff. That’s what I’m doing for my three AU blogs. :D