Last night I spent like 45 minutes looking through all of the funko pop figurines and compiling links to all of the most horrifying ones and I’m going to make a masterpost so that you all can either know what to avoid ever seeing or subject yourself to true terror.
Look at Keith’s reaction to them “being a good team” and, yes, I know I’m the one millionth person to point this out, but I feel like there’s respect and camaraderie in that gaze:
(Gif by Jinxette from Voltron’s wiki.)
Except, you know, what I wrote in fic form was less Keith being all good team battle-bud camaraderie and more holy crap Lance is actually kicking ass and taking names so now he should definitely take me — what?
Or something like that ;D
I followed through on my promise to gather it all up as a one-shot (with a newly added epilogue), and posted on AO3:
Things I was expecting to do at work today: produce a 16 page report about everything that’s occurred in the last 4 weeks.
Things I was not expecting to do at work today: have to defend my anti Fifty Shades of Grey stance.
1. Hinata and Kageyama. In which we all were Yachi Hitoka. One of the things that always comes to mind when I think about this fight is her eyes full of tears seeing Hinata talking about Kageyama, calling him his partner despite having just been through the ultimate breaking point in their relationship. It was hard and heartbreaking but still it’s my favorite fight of all, because it finally made them (and all the team with them) realize the extent of their relationship and how much they need each other to play, to be happy, and to grow.
2. Asahi and Nishinoya. Angst is the way to my heart and their fight made episode 9 my overall favorite of the first season. We never saw any of them as furious as they were during this fight, and the most heartbreaking thing is that they both thought they failed the other and their entire team, that they were not good enough. And none of them can stand it. We know this affected Asahi way more than Noya, but, even if it seems the exacts opposite, this fight showed how unbreakable their bond is, how loyal they are to the other, so much that Noya decided to never win a match without him. Ever. He’d give up his talent and his future because of him. And every time I think about it I die.
3. Oikawa and Iwaizumi. A fight that changed Oikawa’s way of thinking forever and showed us that sometimes Iwa truly has to use the hard ways to make that obsessive mind that’s Oikawa Tooru understand an easy but still life chancing concept that’s “the team with the better six is stronger”. The aftermath of this brief fight is amazing, with Oikawa saying: “I suddenly feel invincible” and Iwa being all concern of having hit him too strong. This is…the most iwaoi thing they have ever done.
4. Tsukishima and Yamaguchi. When they fight I’m ALWAYS rooting for Yams like hell. You tell him boy! You know it’s not my top, but still no one gets a grip of Tsukki like Yamaguchi does, especially from season 2 on. I love how, even if he respects him a lot, he’s not afraid to take him by the shirt and yell in his face the always iconic “What else do we need besides pride?”, hitting like a hammer in Tsukishima’s already cracked wall. This fight made all Tsukki’s limits crumble, it lit the flame inside him, it brushed all the pain his brother cause him in the past, but mostly it showed us how very very cool Yamaguchi really is. A+
5. Yahaba abd Kyoutani. This is more of a confrontation that a fight but still (I have realized that there aren’t so many fights ??? HOW ???). This is a softer version of the iwaoi fight, in which Yahaba only needed a slam against a wall and some cutting words to make Kyoutani understand what means to be a true part of the team. Yes, this is Yahaba letting out his “future captain” side, but you know, it’s the first fight that creates the bond…and I sense that these two will have a lot to entertain us with next year…
GUYS! I’m doing an art project for school and I’m currently collecting team or sports slogans/mottos/encouraging and/or inspiring short sayings or chants! (“Everybody ropes everybody rides”/ “Stand with us” for example)
The league, or no league, sport, country (any language is okay as long as you can provide me with a translation), doesn’t matter! If you know any please reblog this post and add them in the tags or reply to this post!
Even if you can’t come up with any reblogging this post to spread the word would help me out a lot!
(I don’t want them to be too team or sport specific, “insert team city + Hockeytown”, “Sharks territory” or “Welcome to RangersTown” for example are too specific, even the color ones are a bit too specific for my purposes)
I can't believe they just held hands and sat there. THEY JUST. SAT. DID NOT MOVE. It's not even like Lance paused to say the thing about them making a great team and then after the moment Keith helped him up. Nope. They just sat there smiling until whatever the fuck happened and Keith had to cradle lance in his arms. What kind of gay fuckshit. I can't believe people think that was a h*tero moment.
god same tho, like people need to fuck off with that "perfect married space parents" stuff. it's boring and it doesn't really make sense with how they act in the show (especially allura)
exactly!!! they both struggle and break down….they both look up at the person who matters to them the most for constant reassurance and comfort ex: keith and coran, it’s so sad that their characters have been erased and it seems like the fandom excludes them from the team too sighs
I'm going to write that look into Mickey's life as a teen, I think. Younger Mickey would be kind of fun to write about! I mean, especially if I can include his knowledge of Ian's existence before they ever met.
yes! them on their baseball team when mickey peed on first base haha link it to me whenever you finish :)