Not to be rude, and I’m a fan of Amy and everything, but just how piked does a FTDLO have to be to not receive credit? I mean I like that Amy is ambitious in the tumbles she goes for, but her FTDLO really isn’t laid out at all, and it never has been. I think the extra .3 she gets for the open pike position is a little unfair to be honest.
I’m watching this video by Supergymmie and I absolutely love how, alongside the amazing gymnastics, she’s (and I’m assuming Supergymmie is a girl because I don’t actually know for sure who’s behind the channel) captured such sweet moments from the Rio Games. I’m going to go ahead and list them all (in case you can’t/don’t have time to watch the video), because it’s just so beautiful. Truly the spirit of the Olympic Games.
- Sophie Scheder crying when she won bronze on bars (the music here really hammers it home and made me tear up)
- Simone waving to the crowd after her final routine of her Olympic Games
- Sophie smiling when Aliya kissed her gold medal
- Amy grinning at Simone showing the camera that she’s won four gold medals
- Simone beaming as Sanne kisses her gold medal
- Tears from Sophie on the podium and Amy after the floor scores were finalised; really shows how much these unexpected medals meant to these girls.
- Catalina giving Sanne a long hug after the beam final
- Marine Boyer being a cutie and waving either at a camera or someone in the audience
- Aly and Simone hugging/waving to the crowd after the AA
- Houry Gebeshian kissing the beam
- Aly in tears after her AA floor exercise (still crying over this)
- Houry Gebeshian kissing the bars
- Simone and Aimee crying when Simone won the AA
On another note; for some reason, this video really shows how incredible Simone was over everyone else BUT, also lets me marvel at the freaking HEIGHT Aly gets on her double pike Arabian!!
Here’s some more of these edits featuring gymnasts that I had left out, including Amy Tinkler for @greatbritaingymnastics, Ekaterina Lobaznyuk for @onlykismet, and Yang Yun for @iordikachu. These are super fun to make so feel free to message me if you want me to make more featuring any of your faves!