The crescent moon looks like an eyelash dropped on a navy pillowcase of the sky. Evening in anticipation of a sleepless night. It’s time to listen to the strange sounds of the night town and the south-west wind’s tale.
hey listen……im all here for asian representation ok but for the very few edits i see for kuwei he’s always fancasted as east asian when in fact in the books (and please please please correct me if im wrong) kuwei is described with dark skin……which is more like people from west or south asia. so uh.
please dont forget that
The Milky Way Reflected Onto The Largest Salt Flat In The World
In a bid to find a perfectly dark sky, Russian photographer Daniel Kordan made a trip to the Altiplano region located in the west central South America.
Hailing 12,300 feet above the sea level, Kordan was able to utilize the Uyuni salt flat using the special astrophotography camera he had. This type of camera unlocks the colors found in the sky, opening up the barriers between earth and space and casting the Milky Way onto the reflective flats.
5.3.17 Was doing some essay writing in one of my favourite cafés in Clifton yesterday while it rained, and then went to play the last game of South West League for quidditch. We lost, but not as badly as we thought we would! I’m finding this essay so interesting it’s a shame I’m finding it so hard to write! Xxx emily
The Temple of Athena Nike was named after the Greek goddess, Athena Nike. The temple is the earliest fully Ionic temple on the Acropolis. It was a prominent position on a steep bastion at the south west corner of the Acropolis to the right of the entrance, the Propylaea. In contrast to the Acropolis proper, a walled sanctuary entered through the Propylaea, the Victory Sanctuary was open, entered from the Propylaea’s southwest wing and from a narrow stair on the north. The sheer walls of its bastion were protected on the north, west, and south by the Nike Parapet, named for its frieze of Nikai celebrating victory and sacrificing to their patroness, Athena Nike.
Nike means victory in Greek, and Athena was worshipped in this form, as goddess of victory in war and wisdom. The citizens worshipped the goddess in hope of a successful outcome in the long Peloponnesian War fought on land and sea against the Spartans and their allies.
Some of the great medieval cathedrals of the south and south west of England - the inspiration for Ken Follett’s ‘The Pillars of the Earth’ (1989). Left to right, top to bottom: Winchester Cathedral exterior, medieval floor tiles inside Winchester Cathedral, Gloucester Cathedral exterior, the cloisters at Gloucester Cathedral, Salisbury Cathedral in the morning mist, the chapter house at Salisbury Cathedral, Wells Cathedral exterior and Wells Cathedral interior.
Witchlings and Baby Witches, gather ‘round to learn how to cast a simple Circle. You may be wondering, “Why do we cast Circles?” and that can be easily answered! Most of the time, we cast Circles to create a sacred space where our spellwork and rituals can be conducted. There are other various reasons, but you can discover that with time, research, and practice. For this lesson, we are going to focus on creating that sacred space for you.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE CASTING A CIRCLE
**Circles can be cast alone or with others. If you are participating with other witches, you may want to print them off a “script” of what will be said and done that way everyone can participate. Change “I” in the script to “we”, “me” to “us”, and so on and so forth.
**Circles can be cast indoors and outdoors. However, I do caution you not to cast Circles without getting the permission of the person who owns said space, home, property, etc.
**You can decorate and dress up for your Circle casting. Using the appropriate colors, plants, stones, and meaningful objects can aid in powering your Circle. This, however, is not necessary.
**Decide in advance what will be done in the Circle. Make a plan of what you want to do inside your circle, whether it worship, prayer, spellwork, or meditation. Don’t feel rushed and take your time.
**Music may be used to accompany the Circle casting and rituals. I typically choose songs that don’t have words. (I get distracted easily by music.)
**Feel free to customize these words and tailor them to fit your own practices. You can substitute “walls and floors” with “foliage, stones, and ground” if you are casting outside. Names for Gods and Goddesses may be used in place of “Lord and Lady.”
**There is no right way to cast a Circle. There are many traditions that different witches use. Find what you like, experiment and customize your circle casting ritual.
**NOTE** This is just one example of how to cast a Circle (one I used when I was just starting out.)
TOOLS FOR CASTING THE CIRCLE
Candles, incense, matches (or a lighter), representations of the four corners, decorations, an athame (ceremonial knife) or wand.
BASIC CIRCLE CASTING
1. Ground and center, and then lay out where your Circle will be cast. This doesn’t have to be physically marked, but I have seen people use cord, chalk, and candles. (Note: using lit candles can be dangerous. Please take precautions when doing this. We don’t want anyone or anything getting hurt.) I used to create a small altar at the direction North with representations of the four elements.
2. Light incense and candles, and make your announcement: The Circle is about to be cast and I freely stand within to greet my Lady and my Lord.
3. Take one candle in hand and begin walking the Circle. Here, we are acknowledging the Four Quarters (North, South, East, and West.) We will stop at each direction and call out the corresponding greeting found below. For this, we will walk deosil around our Circle. To move deosil is to move in a clockwise (or sunwise) direction. Once you have finished acknowledging the directions, return to North.
–North: I call upon Light and Earth at the North to illuminate and strengthen the Circle. –East: I call upon Light and Air at the East to illuminate and enliven the Circle. –South: I call upon Light and Fire at the South to illuminate and warm the Circle. –West: I call upon Light and Water at the South to illuminate and cleanse the Circle.
4. Return the candle to its rightful place and raise the athame or wand into your hand facing North. Call out: I draw this Circle in the Presence of the Lady and the Lord that They may aid and bless me in my work.
5. Lower the athame or wand and walk deosil once more around the Circle, envisioning a blue light shoot out from the Circle’s boundary. Call out: This is the boundary of the Circle, around me, through walls and floors, above me and below me as a sphere is the Circle cast and consecrated to the Lady and the Lord that They may work with and through Their child, (your name/Craft Name). This Circle is charged by the power of the Ancient Ones! Only love shall enter and leave.
Begin your ritual, spellcasting, meditation, or any other word you wish inside the Circle. Within it, you will be protected. However, a word of caution: if you are a witchling, make sure you do not over exert yourself inside the Circle. Casting any magic can make anyone grow weary or tired, so be aware of how much energy you are expending. Like any magic, it takes time and practice. When you have finished your work, you will open your Circle.
OPENING THE CIRCLE
6. Take the athame or wand in hand both hands facing North. Call out: Lord and Lady, I have been blessed by Your sharing this time with me; watching and guarding me; guiding me here and in all things. I came in love and I depart in love.
7. Raise the athame or wand high in the air in salute. Call out: Love is the Law and Love is the Bond. Merry did I meet, merry do I part, and merry will I meet again. The Circle is cleansed.
8. Kiss the flat of the blade or the tip of the wand. Here, we will bid farewell to the Quarters and move widdershins. Widdershins, which can be spelled withershins, widershins, widderschynnes, appears to come from German and Lowland Scottish. In German, widersinning means “against the senses”, that is “not the usual”, or “against the grain.” For our purposes, it means to move counter-clockwise. So, we will go from North to West, South, and East. As you move, this would be the time to blow out candles if they are how you laid out your Circle. Once you have finished saying goodbye to the Quarters, return North.
–Depart in peace, Elemental Earth. My blessings take with you! –Depart in peace, Elemental Water. My blessings take with you! –Depart in peace, Elemental Fire. My blessings take with you! –Depart in peace, Elemental Air. My blessings take with you!
9. Raise your arms into the air with athame or wand in hand. Call out: Beings and powers of the visible and invisible, depart in peace! You aid in my work, whisper in my mind, and bless me from the Otherworld. Let there ever be harmony between us. My blessings take with you. The Circle is cleared!
10. Take the athame or wand in hand, and move widdershins once more around the Circle, calling out: The Circle is open yet the Circle remains as its magical power is drawn back into me. The Circle has been cleared. My ritual has ended.
11. Place athame or wand aside, and take a seat on the floor (you may also lie on your back.) Close your eyes and focus on grounding excess energy by touching your palms to the floor. Let the magic in the room (or outdoors) disperse and settle. Take a few deep breaths, open your eyes, and begin cleaning up your space.
I hope all of you find this helpful. Again, Circle casting can be completely tailored and customized for your needs, and you don’t have to cast one this way. It is meant to be a resource for those just starting out. If you have any questions, you can reach me via ASK or by messaging me.
Your eyelids are perfect the way they are. Don’t let people make you think you need makeup tools or surgery to change them.
Your skin is lovely the way it is no matter how dark or light. Don’t let people make you think you need to bleach it or change it with makeup or be ashamed of it.
Your body is amazing the way it is even if they don’t fit cultural or societal standards. Fat, thin, curvy, curve-less, big tummy, small breasts– as long as your body is keeping you alive is all that matters. That is its function, not being beautiful.
Your participation or lack there of in your culture does not make you any more or less Asian. If you are mixed and present one ethnicity over the other, you are no more or less Asian. The only one who can tell you your identity is you.
Your attraction, sexual or romantic, to women is not shameful or dirty or wrong. Your place on the gender spectrum is not shameful or dirty or wrong. They are not fetishes, they are not inherently pornographic. They are parts of who you are that make you you, and anyone that thinks otherwise is ignorant and in need of enlightenment.
Yarnbury Castle is a multiphase, multivallate Iron Age hillfort near Steeple Langford in Wiltshire. Excavations have revealed Iron Age and Romano-British pottery, Roman coins and burials of human remains. There is much evidence of prolonged and extensive settlement of the site including around 130 separate structures of various sizes, most probably representing a mix of round houses, pits, and other features. Stonehenge, Avebury stone circles and other ancient landmarks are also located in Wiltshire.
I one day wanna see a One Piece AU where everyone actually speaks different languages. Like, perhaps there’s a language that’s spoken in 95% of the world and everyone is bilingual. Luffy, Usopp, Zoro, and Nami all speak an East Blue dialect but even then they have slightly different words because every island is just slightly different, like every English speaking nation. Luffy occasionally throws in words from a noble language that they all think is really odd until they meet Sabo.
Sanji speaks three languages, having picked up the East dialect after running away from North Blue. Franky, Brook, and Chopper don’t speak any Eastern dialects at all and only speak the standard language. Brook used to speak a Western dialect but has since forgotten. Robin knows a bit of everything and is always learning more languages; the national language of Ohara is something she treasures.
The Celestial Dragons have their own language which is “holy” and no one but them is allowed to speak it. Law can only say two things in their language: “shit” and “fuck”. Also, imagine Flevance having its own language and Law is the only one who speaks it now. And Luffy calls him Torao because Law’s accent is difficult for Luffy to understand.
And accents! Everyone on the Grand Line has an accent. You can tell what sea they’re from just because of their accent. South Blue is different to North Blue to West Blue and so on.
“Actor Tom Hardy apprehended a man who had allegedly stolen a motorbike in London, police have said. The Hollywood star stepped in after two teenagers on the bike crashed into a car in Richmond, south-west London, on Sunday afternoon. They ran off before one was was grabbed by the Mad Max and Taboo star and the other was arrested by a police officer. Two 16-year-olds have been arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle, police said.
A Richmond Police spokesman said: “We can confirm that there were two people on a stolen moped that went through a red light and crashed into another vehicle. The males ran off and one was detained by Tom Hardy.”
“Both suspects were initially taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.”
Update: A spokesperson for Metropolitan police relayed the following statement to EW: “In an earlier Twitter ‘direct message’ reply to a BBC reporter, a local officer named an individual as having detained a male in connection with the below incident. The arresting officer has confirmed that a number of members of the public assisted police at the scene. We do not believe that it is correct to say that any one individual detained the suspect. We are not aware of any citizen’s arrest. It is, of course, Met policy not to name informants or witnesses. We regret that the name of any individual was released via a message to the BBC.” http://ew.com/news/2017/04/25/tom-hardy-teens-stolen-motorbike-lodon/