Just hold on a little longer, okay? He’s gone. The bad man’s gone. We’ll be home soon, and my mom… she’ll get you your own bed. You can eat as many Eggos as you want. And we can go to the Snow Ball.Promise? Promise.
Summer: Waking up to golden light streaming through your barely closed curtains, the sound of birds chirping, nestling yourself deeper into the few white sheets that cover you. Enjoying the longer days in the sun, the warmth and the earthy smells. Spending hours playing silly, child-hood games with your friends or sitting on the front porch with a cat curled up on your lap. Sipping at chilled, lemon tea, and the sound of the soft chink of ice cubes against the glass. frantic water fights, tag-teaming against your other friends. Then watching as the last rays of sun sink beyond the horizon. The pink glow of the dusk filled clouds. Then finally settling back into bed, with a warm cup of tea and a book, while you listen to the cicadas through the open window. A light breeze sending you off to sleep.
Autumn: Waking up with a few more blankets piled on your bed, most fallen off from the still warm nights. The sun still starting to come up and the air slightly crisp. Mist laying on the distant hills.The sound of the kettle as you make tea, drinking it quietly in your warm bed. Sleeping a few extra hours, snuggling deep in your blankets. Walking through trees, laced with red, yellow and brown. Disturbing piles of freshly racked leaves, collecting a few rare beauties as you go. Stocking piling acorns like a squirrel for no reason, then feeling sad when you accidentally drop or lose one. Roasting chestnuts over an open fire. Watching as the days grow shorter and the trees deader in preparation for winter. Watching the rain pour down from the ledge near the window, nestling into a newly brought jumper. Indulging yourself in the seasonal treats. Trick or treating with your friends even though you know you’re already too old. Falling asleep under growing layers of blankets , to the feint sound of trickling rain.
Winter: Experiencing your first frost. Waking up colder than you wished. Burrowing deeper into your blankets to warm up. Eventually crawling up to make yourself a hot cup of tea while still being wrapped in every blanket you own. Feet crunching through frozen grass to get the mail. Puffing out balls of steam, pretending your a dragon. Watching as the snow begins to fall silently. Having brutal snow ball fights with friends and making snowmen and snow angels. Warming your feet up in front of the fire and drying your snow covered clothing. The sweet smell of steam in the warm air. The smell of wood smoke. Setting up the Christmas lights and the Christmas trees. Wrapping paper littering the floor. Smells wafting in from the extravagant Christmas feast. Waving your friends and family goodbye, feeling content. The sound of the kettle as you search for your long lost hot water bottle. Preparing for the cold night a head. Watching as the sun goes down early, the last blankets off snowing drifting peacefully. The dozens of blankets piled on your bed. Snuggling in deep, feeling like a badger or hedgehog. Falling asleep to the warmth of your hot water bottle.
Spring: Waking up to the fresh noise of bird song. Shoving off your blankets as the days get warmer. Snow melting and plant life is popping up everywhere. The fresh, crisp scent, like the morning after a storm. Yellow Daffodils nodding their heads in the soft breeze. Soft rain showers. Green everywhere. You pick bunches of Daffodils, and make daisy chains for all your friends. You watch as you cat turns another year older. You celebrate Easter with more chocolate than you need, feeling sick by the end of it. You watch as the days, once again, grow longer and warmer. You dance around, making dandelion wishes. Picking plums from trees and eating the sweet fruit. Making over sweet Jam with the leftover plums. Watching as sky lines appear more frequent in the deep blue sky. The silent droning of passing planes, that seem a life time away. watching as new born lambs learn to walk and prance around, giddy to explore. Feeling happy as the world feels reborn. Playing on an old chain swing, tied to a small oak. watching as the sun sets slowly. Prolonged, as if it is reluctant to see the new season’s first day die. You boil up a cup of tea and settle in bed, listening to another shower of spring rain. You sip at your tea, as your cat curls up on top of your covers. You fall asleep, dreaming for the next Summer, Autumn, and Winter.
I love you (And the other 100 ways of saying it.)
Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter Eight Year in Hogwarts. The new blooming
friendship has started since the very next day after Voldemort died. Harry has
visited the Manor to give Malfoy his wand back. They forgave each other. They
let go. They moved on. Rebuilding Hogwarts for four months is also a good way
to build a friendship, you know? Once school started, they have been quite
close, closer than expected because apparently Hermione and Ron don’t come
back. Somehow The Hogwarts Express has been awfully late.
The next compartment is empty, but you’re
alone. “You mind sharing a compartment? The rest is already full.”
“Happy belated birthday, Potter.” Puts a small
gift on his lap.
It’s awfully late, I bet you haven’t eaten
anything. “Stop staring, Potter, it’s rude. Here, I’m full anyway.”
Idiot, stop kicking your blanket to the
floor, it’s cold. Put the blanket in place and cast a sticking
charm over it.
“Here’s your trunk.”
Cast a warming charm for the whole carriage.
“What? The thestrals must be cold too.”
Nonchalantly sit beside Harry in the Great Hall.
Put two treacle tarts on Harry’s plate. “What?
You like them.”
11. “Morning, Potter.”
12. Slides a cup of coffee towards Harry.
13. “Don’t forget your Charm books.”
14. “See you later.”
15. “How’s the day?”
16. “Stop hogging the food, Potter.” Eat
slowly, you git, you’ll get a stomachache.
17. Casually put two glasses of water on their
18. Put an apple beside Harry’s breakfast. “You’ll
die early with your diet.”
19. Our first class is potion, will you be okay
after Severus’ death? “You’re helpless, Potter. Sit back and observe, maybe
you’ll learn something by being my partner.”
20. Slap Harry’s hand away. “Idiot. Clean your
21. “Remember, 7 times clockwise, Potter.” It
will be dangerous if you stir only 6 times.
22. “Finally, a decent result.” It’s a really
good result, but let’s not feed your ego.
23. You look extremely tired. “Stop being
unmotivated git. Long day?”
forget to work on your charm essay.”
25. Smiles softly when he has finished his
homework only to find Harry’s asleep on the sofa.
26. Take off Harry’s glasses and fix his blanket.
27. Check Harry’s charm essay and gives some
pointers on wrong statements.
28. Levitates Harry and tucks him in bed. Essay
and glasses neatly put in their bedside drawer.
29. “Wake up, Potter. Finish your essay.”
30. “Your mood puts me in a bad mood, Potter. See
you in DADA.” Cheer up, you git.
31. “Fancy a duel?”
32. “Impressive, Potter.”
33. “That’s your best shot? Aim better.” Stop
channeling your power without precision.
34. “Focus, Potter. I could kill you.” Fuck
you, Potter, that’s a fucking lethal curse. Thank Merlin you move.
35. Grinning with twinkle in his eyes. “Nice
36. I would love to see that expression on your
face everyday. Don’t lose it.
38. “It’s Friday tomorrow, fancy a seeker match?”
39. Your nightmares are getting worse.
40. “You wish you’re the better seeker.” Whatever,
of course you are better.
41. “Nice game, Potter.”
42. “We’ll crash the library tomorrow, Potter.” Your
homework are piling, stop procrastinating, you git.
43. Pointing the answer on the book. Rolls eyes
44. “Potter, accompany me tomorrow in the Room of
45. “I’m brewing a potion. You’re here to distract
me from sleeping.”
need this as much as I do, you git, that’s why you’re here. “Stop whining,
47. “Of course, you’ll sleep eventually.”
Transfiguring the chair into something more comfortable.
of Dreamless sleep that doesn’t give you an addiction. Your nightmares are
getting worse. –DM’
49. “You are welcome, Potter.”
50. Your nightmares are not getting any better.
Are you okay? “Do the dreamless sleep at faulty?”
51. Then why do you keep having nightmares?! “You’re
still having nightmares.”
52. “I’m so sorry, Potter. For all it’s worth, it
didn’t fair.” I’m sorry. I hope they’re happy and proud wherever they are
53. ‘Happy Halloween, Potter.’ Put a
bag of Honeydukes sweets on the edge of Harry’s bed.
54. “Happy Thanksgiving, Potter.” Put a large
piece of Turkey meet on Harry’s dinner plate.
55. “Look, it is finally snowing. First snow this
56. Throw a snow ball on Harry’s back.
57. Have a happy snowballs fight.
58. “Happy Christmas, Harry.” Put a Christmas
present on Harry’s lap before leaving to the Manor.
59. Put the charmed snow globe from Harry on the
bedside drawer in the Manor. Thank you, it’s pretty. Mother and I’s
miniatures look happy, playing in the snow.
new year, Harry. May this year be good to you. –DM’
61. “Stop slopping around, NEWT is just around the
62. “Come on, I’ll help you with Potion.”
63. “You don’t work hard enough.” Come on,
Potter, you need to be better than this if you want to be an Auror.
64. “Have you decided on your future career?”
65. You’re one of the few who don’t think it’s
an impossible job for me. Thank you. Smiles softly.
you ever think of applying to be a DADA teacher here? Or being recruited into a
Quidditch league?” I just need you to know there are other options that will
give you less stress.
67. Well whatever your future job is, Harry
Potter, please be safe and happy.
68. “Stay away from dragon scale, it will trigger
an explosion on your calming draught.” Stop being an idiot please, you could
actually lose your life.
69. “Good luck on your NEWTs.”
70. “Potter, tomorrow is Charm, not
71. “Here, have some.” Slide a box of Narcissa
chocolates for Harry.
72. “She’ll love that.” Yes, she also has been
asking about you. I believe your visit would be good for Mother. Thank you.
for Potion? Relax, you’ll do well.”
74. “How’s potion? Don’t tell me you blow
anything.” Please remember potions can be lethal sometimes.
75. “Remarkable, Potter.”
76. “Cheer up, tomorrow is the last day.”
77. “Thank Merlin and Salazar, it’s all done! How
are you holding up, Potter?”
78. “Can’t sleep either?”
79. “Fancy a night stroll?”
80. Rolls eyes swiftly and casually fixes the
scarf on Harry’s neck.
81. “You see that star? That is the reason Mother
named me Draco.” Maybe you’ll remember the star, and you’ll remember me each
time you look at the sky.
82. “You’re a good company, Harry.” It’s nice
being like this with you.
83. Thank you for deciding in befriending me that
day, you give me a new purpose to keep fighting. “Thank
84. For saving me again and again, from
Voldemort, from the Fiendfire, from my own demons. For giving me a common sense
to keep living. For offering your hand in friendship that day after the war.
For trusting in my ability to become a Potion Master. “Just for everything and anything, really.”
85. You really are beautiful under the
86. “What do you think will happen after
Hogwarts?” Would we still be like this? Could we? Is it ridiculous for
87. “You really believe that?” Because I want
that to happen too, for us to not stop being friends, maybe even more?
88. Yeah, I like that very much. “Okay.”
89. “Don’t forget your spare glasses, Potter.”
90. “Seriously, you need to stop procrastinating
and panicking on the last second.” Seriously, you don’t forget anything,
just lock your trunk.
91. “Tomorrow would be very different, wouldn’t
it?” I’m afraid to go back to the real world. Are you?
92. It might just be our last day meeting each
other. “Accompany me to Hogsmead?”
93. “Fancy a butterbeer? Come on, drinks on me.”
94. “You what?” God, it must be a dream, right?
95. “You’re being serious right now?” Cause if
you’re not, I’ll saw off your balls and ship it to America right now, Harry
Potter. If you’re joking, you’re a dead man.
96. “Okay then, I would like that very much.”
97. “Sleep fine?” You sleep as peaceful as a
baby, I almost stop the train so that the bumpy ride doesn’t wake you up.
98. “Mother said she will pick us up.” You sure
want to visit Mother? It doesn’t have to be today, you know.
99. “Mother, you remember Harry Potter? Harry,
Mother. Mother, my boyfriend.” You git, stop smiling like you need to impress
someone. You have a life debt toward Mother, just act normal. Salazar, help me,
this is embarrassing,
100. Marry me. “Scared,
101. “You wish.” Fuck you, I’ll be damned if I’m
scared. I love you, you git.
Today is #FridayFunday! If you’re currently surrounded by snow, why not take a furry friend out for some fetch with snow balls? This pup is definitely making the most of it! Thanks to Dmitri Vidergar, Fisheries Biologist at the Snake River Area Office for this photo. #fridayfunday #usbr #bureauofreclamation #getoutside #snow #dog #TGIF #havefun