okay but Italian!Annabeth
- she gestures a lot
- her idol is probably Rita Levi-Montalcini tbh
- when her fam first moved to the USA, they went to an “Italian restaurant”, and the first thing she said was “Ew, this is not Italian!” like that scene in Quo Vado but with 5yo Annie.
- she comes from maybe Campania???, a little town definitely, and she misses the atmosphere that she lived in, with all the sagre di paese, the mercato, the 87354096 relatives and so on.
- although her father isn’t religious, she was raised with Catholic famly and culture/celebrations, which have a huge impact on her still nowadays.
- she isn’t very fluent at English (of course she gets better as she spends more time with the Americans at Camp), which is why she and her dad didn’t consider her having dyslexia at first- she only found out thanks to Chiron.
- she takes a lot of pride in being from the land of the myths and gods, where the Roman Empire was born and the Alexandrian Empire had its brightest moment.
- she curses A Lot (that’s canon, but her cursing in Italian>>>>>her cursing in English)
- the other Italian campers have a club where they are Unapologetically Italian TM and it makes Annabeth so happy when she finds out because it’s been a looong time since she last spoke Italian with anybody.
- This could also fit amazingly with my Sicilian!Percy AU????? OMG
- Annabeth helping Percy with his Italian (which isn’t the best, so to say, although he can def speak it)
- Percy and Annabeth ft. The Arancin* Discourse (Percy is from province of Palermo, or even better the Islands, so he says arancina, but Annabeth is human so she says arancino, like wtf Percy)
- waking up to make pizza in the middle of the night
- Sally being an Italian Mother TM and adopting Annabeth at first sight
- since she moved to the US she’s never eaten chiacchiere, so Sally decides to make them every Carnival for all of them and their friends to eat-
- Visiting Italy in MOA makes her incredibly emotional, although she isn’t from Rome, and she almost cries.
Feel free to add more! those were just the ones I could think of rn. I hope you like them! :D