I wanted to have two competitive queens, that love and challenge each other. I have two turtle doves, forget-me-nots, roses, and a ribbon that connects them all together things that can represent love. ( But with the sweets comes the sour..) The arrow, the bees, the red, are representations for the challenges of love. The arrow love can strike you and when you are hurt by something your loved one does you feel the sting of love. Both love/passion and anger and war can described with the color red.
(I may have been watching too much on the war of roses)
During warmups before the Bulls-Warriors game, Chicago’s Derrick Rose wore a t-shirt that said “I can’t breath.“ LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers also wore the shirt before his game against the Brooklyn Nets. This is the phrase Eric Garner shouted 11 times as a member of the NYPD choked him to death, December 2014.
I noticed something about the latest episode that hasn’t really been discussed? Or at least I haven’t seen any discussion about it. Basically the possibility that just for a moment, Rose was able to talk to Steven
Listen, just like how the room Connie acted, room Rose went along with Steven, not acting like the Rose we have seen in past episodes, at least not fully.
She maintains these half-lidded tired looking eyes as if she is not fully there and continues to behave how Steven has always dreamed she would be
Its somewhat unsettling to see these sorts of expressions in contrast to the wide eyed, expressive, excitable emotions we usually see from Rose in flashbacks.
But then Steven said “You’re not my mom.”
We know from open book that the room basically takes all its orders and interpretations from Steven. The room Connie was going along with Steven just like rose was, until she was told not to do what Steven wanted, something that contrasted what she was supposed to be. And room Rose was told “You’re not my mom.”
So she began to act in an un-motherly way, her image becoming intimidating and a storm rising all around her.
But then, she does something room Connie wasn’t able to do. She doesn’t continue listening to Steven’s ‘order’ that she wasn’t his mom anymore. She goes on to console him.
“Steven, you know that isn’t true. In the tape I left you I told you how much I wanted to have you and let you exist, do you think what I said to you in the tape was a lie?”
Her expression seems much more alert and focused, she’s lost that ‘fake’ sort of feeling she had before. She strays away from what Steven told her, that she wasn’t his mom, something room Connie wasn’t able to do.
This action makes it seem like just maybe, she was really able to communicate with him for a moment. That she wasn’t just a construct of the room, only able to follow orders and listen to what Steven says.
She acts like a mother when she was told she wasn’t. You could argue that this is simply Steven knowing what he needs to hear and the room showing it to him but you cannot completely rule this theory out:
What if Rose really was able to console Steven through the room?
Things that should happen in future episodes of Steven Universe:
• Steven being upset about something but not having to take it back because everything he said and is upset about is right.
• Another Bismuth episode, or possible redemption arc at least. Possibly one where Steven lets her out of the bubble and asks her for information that no one else will give him(the war, Rose shattering a diamond, etc). As well as forgiving her for the thing about shattering gems, and apologizing for not talking with her instead of both of them jumping the gun in the first place.
• Old color palettes. The colors now are becoming very bright, I do understand it’s a kids show and kids love bright colors but I liked the old palettes because they were softer and nicer to look at(my opinion).
• Peridot having some of her old personality back. She seems more like an out of control toddler than a cluster controlling/head of a mission gem anymore. I feel as though she used to be smart, tactical, a bit snarky. I wish they’d kept that.
• Lapis and Peridot, their development. I want answers to questions. (When did they become friends? How did Lapis learn to forgive her? How is Lapis’ interaction with the other gems now? Can she forgive them too?)
• Lapis’ personality. I feel as though Lapis has gone from kind of dismissive and a bit cold-shouldered to straight up unforgiving. She didn’t remember Connie and kind of brushes off almost drowning her. That’s a bit concerning.
• A Garnet episode. Just more about her. Her feelings about all of this. Even perspectives from Ruby and Sapphire separately is welcome(also other things like why does she love being a fusion so much? What did she do during the war? How did she get along with Pearl, Rose, and Amethyst when they all separately first met each other?).
• Maybe a Pearl episode like Garnet’s listed above?
• How the people of Beach City first reacted when the gems first went there. How the different generations felt about having others from another world inhabit it and help them.
• What happened when Rose was first created? What do other rose quartz look like?
• A Jasper redemption or at least fix her please? Somehow?
• What happened to the diamond in the lighthouse?
Okay I think I’m done now. Anything you wanna add put it in the replies I guess. I’m really looking forward to this show’s progression!