When my grandfather died I was going through a really tough time in my life already and everytime I thought about him I cried. I thought the pain would never end and I would never stop crying.
But then Joe Biden gave a speech on his son, Beau Biden, who had recently passed away from brain cancer. It was a beautiful speech about love and loss for everyone who has lost a loved one, especially the families who lost their child due to their service to our country. There is a quote from that speech that still resonates with me today and helped my mother get through the death of her father as well. Although I don’t think Harry or any of their family members will see this, I thought I would share it for anyone else who is going through a tough time with loss and the death of a loved one and this recent news has brought up feelings of sorrow and sadness.
“There will come a day — I promise you, and your parents as well — when the thought of your son or daughter, or your husband or wife, brings a smile to your lips before it brings a tear to your eye,” he said. “It will happen.”
Please do not take your loved ones for granted and as harry says, choose love everyday.
Favorite highlights of live action Beauty and the Beast
• They stuck to the beginning of the original story where Belle asks for a rose and her father gets lost and finds a fire and food in the castle.
• “Mama said not to move because it might be scary. Sorry.”
• Belle called the castle home.
• LEFOU! Everything about him was great. He got character development, he had some fantastic lines, his low key flirting with Gaston, his singing!!! I love my boy.
• Lumiere dabbed. Twice.
• It was beautiful. Oh my god the castle made me absolutely melt and Be Our Guest was breathtaking in live action.
• Lefou booping Gaston on the nose.
• How during the song Adam sings he’s climbing higher and higher so he can still see Belle.
• When Adam found out Belle liked Romeo and Juliet he was like “ew no not that book here have my entire library so you can read something better that that filth”.
• I really like how Gaston in the beginning wasn’t that bad, but as the movie went on he got darker and darker.
• Gaston lifTING LEFOU UP ON ONE ARM
• We finally got an explanation as to why no one remembers the castle and the prince and why the servants were cursed too.
• The guy who can’t remember what he lost in the beginning is Mr. Potts and the minute Mrs. Potts called his name I was shaking my friend next to me because oh my god he “lost” his wife and child.
• ADAM. I’ve loved Adam since forever and he’s still so great in this version AND HIS SONG ABOUT BELLE WAS SO SPECTACULAR I COULD FEEL HIS EMOTIONS.
• Cogsworth & Lumiere are still an old married couple and I love it I love them.
• I know he only had a few lines in Be Our Guest, but Cogsworth’s singing voice was amazing
• Adam’s eye makeup in the beginning that made it look like he was wearing a mask if he stood in the light just so.
• I HAVE BEEN GUSHING ABOUT THE NEW LUMIERE DISIGN SINCE THE FIRST TRAILER CAME OUT AND TO FINALLY, FINALLY SEE IT ON THE BIG SCREEN WAS SO SATISFYING THE LITTLE DETAILS HE HAS LIKE HIS PONYTAIL AND THE FACT THAT HIS COAT MOVES WHEN HE DOES WERE SOOOO GOOD I KNOW I’VE SAID THIS A THOUSAND TIMES BUT I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS NEW LUMIERE.
• Lefou has a bite mark from Gaston on his lower stomach and when my friend and I saw it we practically screamed because how exactly do you get a bite mark in that spot if you’re not doing some kinky bedroom stuff.
• The line “there’s a beast on the loose there’s no question, but I fear the wrong monsters released” had me so shook put that on my gravestone I fucking love it.
• It’s sweet and cute and beautiful, but when it gets dark it gets DARK, like, goddamn.
• I loved the detail of whenever a petal falls the castle crumbles further and the servants become more like the objects they are.
• Adam’s beast growl at the end when he’s a human again that, tbh, was really hot.
• The guy who, instead of freaking out when he was put in a dress and makeup, grinned and walked away with his hips swishing and totally owned it.
• That same guy and Lefou dancing together ohhh my god I think I started crying they’re so fucking cute Lefou and his cross dressing boyfriend 5ever.
You guys hear about this young couple in Cincinnati that both committed suicide literally just a few days ago? I came across it on Facebook and I find it so sad how ignored black mental illness is. These kids were depressed and neither of their families took it serious, all they had was each other and when Mercedes, 19y, killed herself (April 20th), Markeice, 20y, followed 2 days later(April 22). Markeice even went as far as posting a Facebook live video minutes before he died saying his goodbyes to everyone and wrote a long suicide note on his page but they didn’t get to him in time. From what I’ve been reading in the condolences is, Mercedes was pregnant with Markeice’s child and really needed her family support, they gave her the opposite. When she died, her family blamed Markeice and denied him access to her funeral. He was devastated that he just lost his partner and child on top of being blamed by her family and treated as such. He ended his own life 2 days before her funeral service. May this young couple and their child rest in peace and may we all remember to pay attention and listen when one of our fellow brothers and sisters come to us with any mental situation and take it as seriously as possible. This could’ve all been prevented if they were taken serious and actually listened to. R.I.P Mercedes Shaday and Markeice Brown 🙏🏾👼🏾
It is hard to know, what is true or what is false.
We all believe what we see with our eyes.
So people do not believe each other, fight each other, and hurt others.
But this is why we are so special.
However, we people, are sometimes very dangerous.
We care about each other, but we also hate one another.
When one’s truth collides with other’s truth, so many things gets destroyed.
Is that why? This is the reason, why we have them.
From now on, I will tell you from when they existed, and where they are.
And the truth lies all around us. The nine stories that I will tell you from now on, is the truth that people did not know.
(please click on the gifs for the story behind it)